Thread: Are you serious?!

Are you serious?!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post it, if not I do apologize. This past weekend I had the pleasure to go out as Teresa. It was short notice and one of my gf's "friends" was going out of town and wanted her to bid her farewell (Now I put friends in quotes because she may consider my gf as her bests of friends but my gf really doesn't because they tend to part so much than us and we really don't have the time because we work, sometimes we can really relate to them etc. Her friend also seems to find any occasion to celebrate but oh well) Anyway, she asked me last minute and I asked her if Teresa can go instead of me? She paused and said okay, making it a girls night out. Now her two friends that we were going to meet already know who I am and have seen me both as Teresa and as a male so I feel very comfortable around them. I have also noticed that my confidence had grown and my level of comfort has also increased since joining this forum and reading many of your wonderful stories. So I want to thank you girls for that. Okay Okay, let me stop going on these tangents. So we out to this local pub where we have been before and where these gals usually hangout. We heard music etc and then went out to this local gay club where they have female impersonators (transexuals) perform and in between shows a lot of dancing goes on. We had lots of fun as usual. At one point during the night, my gf looks into my eyes and says, "Teresa, would you marry me?" I was taken off guard and had to ask her who was she asking? Again she said "Teresa" I asked what about "insert my name here" she said he will need to ask me. I told her of course I would love to. Now I was not sure if she really meant this but at the same time we were not drinking so I know she was not asking under the influence. Both her and I had one beer all night and were drinking water/soda (okay, I had two I just remembered) . Partly because we were working the following morning and were being responsible adults . Later, I asked her if we can have wedding wear I can dress up in a wedding gown. She said yes. The following day I had asked her if she was serious and again she said yes she would like to go somewhere for our honey moon. The reason why I was somewhat uncertain was the fact that the night she proposed to me she also told me she love me but using my real name. However, I also took it at as she loves me unconditionally and accepts who I am. Today she mentioned it today and we talked about a wedding dress, which she says she has and I can use. So now I am getting excited. As for the male me, I do want to marry her and do plan on proposing to her sometime this year. But she is legally married and needs to complete her paper work to get her divorce. She has not been able to do it because she doesn't speak or read English since it isn't her primary language and I have not had the time to help her go to city hall to help her with it. Hopefully this coming month.

Anyway, I wanted to share my experience with you, and wanted to ask you if there are places that we can have an unofficial ceremony where we can have our wedding? I was thinking of Las Vegas but not sure. I do know I want it to be somewhere where it's warm and not where I am from (Windy City). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Teresa M.

This is adorable! so happy for you. It's great that she accepts and loves all of you.

Unfortunately I don't know of any venues for unofficial ceremonies, but I couldn't read this and not say anything!

~Erica

What a fairy tale story!! Let's hope it's " and they lived happily ever after ". How great it must feel to be loved unconditionally with your femininity completely accepted & supported. You are blessed. Much peace to you both, mel

You can get married in a wedding dress, officially, especially in Vegas.

You can also get married as Teresa in one ceremony and as "Bob" in a separate ceremony. You can celebrate one, or both every year.

Congrats!
    DonnaT

I would get her to the city hall to get the papers filed, then marry her.

Wow.. it was quite some text to go through, but what a great story! Congratulations and I wish everything will go perfectly!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese View Post
    I would get her to the city hall to get the papers filed, then marry her.
    Annaliese,

Your are absolutely correct. She is a keeper for sure not only because she accepts me and Teresa but the way she is all around...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Monsivais View Post
    We heard music etc and then went out to this local gay club where they have female impersonators (transexuals) perform and in between shows a lot of dancing goes on.
    Just a minor point of clarification - gay female impersonators are Drag Queens, not transsexuals. Transsexuals, like me, are women who were born men, and are trying, or have succeeded in aligning their bodies with their minds, so that we are women in mind and body.

Drag Queens are gay men, generally cis gender, although some are transgender and transition, who crossdress for entertainment value.

Congratulations on your wonderful girlfriend. I'm glad she's able to accept you for who you are, and I hope her divorce is speedy.

PaulaQ,

You're absolutely correct. I guess in the rush of all this typing I was rather quick to type it like that and I do apologize for that. These women at this club impersonate celebrities but are not drag queens because they seem to get operations, take hormones and live their life as women. Many of them look really feminine (well at a lot lot more than me) In Spanish, they are referred to as transvesty, which is transvestite which I know is incorrect but I know that many people are not aware of the differences and unlike the English language where there are many options to describe someone, in Spanish there are not many. Here is a a video of the women that perform. I believe someone edit it and put music over the performances. Thanks for the clarification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPZvYBk88M

True, in spanish a crossdresser is called a travesti too, so that opens up for a few confussions, which in the latin world has quite a lot of negative connotations. I think transgenderism is even less understood in hispanic countries given the approach they take to describe and generalize the subject, and how patriarchal they are arround here.
    Last edited by Katey888; 04-02-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: This is an English language only forum - entire phrases in other languages are not permitted...

Banned Read only
    @Teresa - I stand corrected! Wow, you had it right the first time - they are transgender. The DQ here in the US don't do typically take hormones or have feminizing surgical procedures. I have learned something new! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

What a wonderful story, even better *she* proposed!

You are a lucky, lucky person. MARRY HER!!!!!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Gold Member
    You are a very lucky person, Now go down town and get the paperwork done.
    Than go and get married; Vegas sounds like a great spot.
    Rader

Vegas is romantic any time.
    They also have a lot of bright glittery lights there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,
    Good lord!! Grab that girl, get her down to city hall, and marry her... Then make sure to provide us with pic's of the wonderful occasion!!!

Congrats sweetie!!! I recently experienced something similar with fiance. Cherish what you have found I know I do (:
    Best wishes!

♥Franchesca

awwww that's probably the best and sweetest stories I've ever heard in a really long time. CONGRATS!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, That sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Teresa:

I'm with Erica, what a great read, so cute, and thanks for sharing..... I won't be much help with a venue but good luck!

Jamie

Thank you! No set date yet but I told her to let's her and I (guy mode) get married first, so that way Teresa could then could use the wedding gown after she is done with it. She loved the idea...

Make sure you plan to borrow a blue garter from a CD friend for her to remove with her teeth. }:>

I'm intensely curious as to the lingerie that shows up at your Honeymoon!

Good luck sweetie!!

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

What wonderfully sweet story. Thank you for sharing!

A few years back a friend of mine got ordained through some internet religious site. It was legal though. He used it to marry a bunch of his friends to their SOs in private settings like homes and parks instead of at a church/court house/etc. He even presided over both of his sisters' weddings in the family home.
    If that's what you're looking for, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone that can do that for you.

Congratulations on your engagement.

Thanks for the info Shy, I will definitely look into it.