Thread: My girl wants a suit

My girl wants a suit

I'm an MtF CD. My wife is wonderfully accepting. When I spoke to her about coming to a T-girl event with me, she said "If I were to go, I'd want a suit."

So.. where is the best place to get my wife a men's suit? She's a big girl (6', E cup, big hips)

Thanks!

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 03-31-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Thinking retail, maybe Men's Wearhouse? They have the so-called 'Big-n-Tall' stuff. Maybe there's something there in a jacket that would look good on her.
    Barbie dolls and Tonka trucks....

Gold Member
    Yes; I will double that idea. I am a real big guy, and the only place that I can get a jacket or a suite is
    Mens Warehouse. I saw a sale going on, so look them up.
    Rader

A lesbian friend shared this link with me:

http://www.saintharridan.com/pop-up-shop-tour.html

HOT! But what she liked was $1k

>.<

Alternatives?
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post

HOT! But what she liked was $1k

Alternatives?
    How much are the tickets to YOUR tg event? How much is your dress? How much have you spent on forms, dresses, makeup, shoes etc?
    I'm not saying you have spend $1K if you genuinely can't afford it BUT if you can afford it? It looks like that group are heavily into the GLBT market and it may even help your relationship if she interacts with clearly GLBT fold and has a positive experience.

Good luck

Reality Check
    If it's a one time thing you could rent her a suit or a tux.

Well , she didn't want to spend that much either.

I'm a thrift store shopper, so I don't spend crazy money to dress. The event was $15, the dress was $60, the shoes were $30, and the Pashmina wrap was $30. That is the max I have spent on an outfit.

Still working on it.
    Last edited by mechamoose; 04-02-2014 at 02:50 PM.

I found my suit at a thrift shop $60 and done. Most of the time, the bigger ones will have actual suit sets decently priced. If your wife encounters the same issue I had(wide hips) then try going for a navy color because it and black will be the easiest to match

Try Goodwill. They don't always have something that works but when they do the price is always right. And it helps someone have a job that can't hold down a regular one.

Rhanda

Silver Member
    You will probably have to find one big enough for her, and have it altered. Especially one when is big, getting a perfect off-the-rack fit is very difficult; with a large female body, it will almost be a given it will need to be altered (much how I have to have a large woman's suit altered to fit my large male body.)