Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you keep journals & data bases?

I used to keep a diary of sorts in the form of a blog on a myspace account.
    Than when my SO found out about Lexi I when around frantically deleting every thing I had any where.
    As she was crawling the wed and my lap top for any scrap of info that could be out there. I am much more careful now

I am not keeping a paper journal but I am keeping a tumblr blog that is going to be a record of my journey. Im not too worried about SO finding it because I am going to tell her...as soon as I figure out how lol.

I keep a journal they make me acknowledge things and help me to figure out what it is tha I want or how I could have done things differently and better etc. they are fun to write too

One of the best done journals I have seen so far has been http://lisagirl.net . She has a lot of great insights and reflections that have been great for me in beginning this adventure. And my oh my, the girl knows how to put together and outfit!

~Amanda

great thread.

imho i think that journalling and databases (and other documentationing) could be very helpful for some maybe not others.

it could be helpful for cultivating what we are actually doing and how we are doing it so that we could be more mindful in what we do.

but for some it may be too tedious and a waste of time.

i'm on the fence on this as so much of our life nowadays seems to be cataloging and broadcasting every moment when it comes down to it, there may not be anything that we can hold n to and all the documenting may separate from the actual life we live?
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

LICutie, you made some great observations. I agree - much of our lives these days are spent cataloging and broadcasting.

My goal for the blog I am keeping isnt so much as a way to broadcast - though input from my girls, CD and GG alike is welcome - as it is a kind of way to record my progress, thoughts and introspections with the goal of understanding and getting in touch with my femme self better.

~Amanda

thanks, Amanda

i believe whatever it is (which may be different for each person) that leads us to better understanding and getting in touch with our femme selves is a step closer to reclaiming our wholeness.

so plugging in and out of "the matrix" may each have their time and place...

hugs,
    Lil
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

I realized that if this website went away, I would lose the entire written history of my crossdressing. That lead me to start e-mailing all of my former posts to myself. That assured me of having at least two copies of my CD-life story. Then I decided to create a blog. I filled in the blanks in my life in my blog. I tried to create a fuller timeline of the crossdressing events I can remember. Sometimes, I go back and read the stories again. Sometimes I find things I had forgotten. Sometimes I am amazed.

I have a little database of the things I own, with pictures, but I'm too lazy to update it regularly. I don't keep exactly a "journal" because I only dress at home and take pictures, but it's kind of like that because almost every outfit I came up is registered on photos that are sorted by date.

But it would be very interesting if I had a journal of things I bought, prices, stores and things I have thrown out. I have an old list of things bought on ebay, but that hasn't been updated for a while. Also on a lot of online stores they keep my purchase history, so maybe it's not late to start one if I check them.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I do that for my other hobbies. Never crossed my mind to do it for my CDing. If I had, I'd have a better understanding of my sizes and what didn't work before and maybe not make that same mistake again! Not going to start now though.

My clothing database is my closet. As for keeping a diary, I thought about it, but my life is too boring to keep a diary, and wearing female clothing doesn't make it any more eventful.