Thread: Bra showing in pictures

Silver Member

Bra showing in pictures

Several years ago a friend was trying out my camera and took a couple pictures of me that I liked. I looked at one on a contact sheet and decided to use it as a profile picture on a site. Luckily the software reduced the number of pixels in the photo.

A couple of years later the company contacted me and asked me to provide the picture again in a higher resolution. I started to send it over again, but decided to crop it for the correct size. When I opened it there I sat wearing a women's white shirt with a pretty white lace bra. The shirt wasn't that obvious, but the bra strap and lace cup was.

I went out and looked at the one on their site and realized that you could see my bra if you knew what you were looking for. I cloned out the bra, reversed the image so the shirt opened to the right and happily sent them a new picture.

The incident came back to me because I was at a neighbors party and pictures were taken. I had on a black sweater and light nude bra which didn't show while looking in the mirror. While compressed nothing showed but looking at the image zoomed in I could easily see the bra. Experimenting a little I looked at some of the women there. In several of the pictures I could see their bras. I then called up a high resolution scan of a group of women taken in the 50s and could see some of theirs.

So be careful of what you post.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I would rather people see my bra then my nipples and have no support. I need to wear a bra, and if that means people see outlines so what. I pretty much only by nude bras with no lace to limit what will show through my tops. You could wear a nude cami over the bra reduce what shows through.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Solving Modesty Issues

Modesty is one of the reasons I always wear a full slip, camisole or some kind of sleeveless undershirt. Many of today's tops are very sheer and an undershirt of some sort is a must. Hold some of your tops up to the light if you're in doubt. Or consider what you would look like if your top got very wet.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Liz,
    You are learning to be careful about how you look, bras are too complicated as an under dressing garment too much risk.

Candice, modesty is your main concern these days.

Debbie,
    I was in a wet tshirt contest once, they all knew who I was..

Yes it was a hoot all round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree with Beverly, bras are too complicated for under dressing.

I did it once and was shocked when my daughter came up and gave me a hug unexpectedly. Thank God she missed the bra or it would have been an interesting day in the household!

I don't mix and match woman's clothing with my male persona except for the under dressing which I do every day.

Reality Check
    I underdressed in a bra for a while but it's too complicated and too easy for folks to see or feel. I don't do that anymore.

Good advice to be careful...

Beware also of bras with lacy, embroidery bits - someone commented on an old photo of mine on this site that I should have worn a beige bra not white as the flash was highlighting the white under a red dress... And surprise, it was beige, but with some cream satin embroidery that was positively glowing through the dress...

I suppose you could always say aliens put it there...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Reality Check
    If you've ever had any experience with "black light" (Ultraviolet), you may remember that it highlights white and some other colors. A camera flash could do the same.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Liz,
    Candice, modesty is your main concern these days.
    Debbie,
    Yes Beverley, modesty is a big concern of mine. I don't want to be known as that girl with her chest hanging out of her top, or nipples showing.

Seeing as how pretty much every piece of women's clothing is see through of course you can see it o: I agree though that it'd be much better than seeing your nipples. That would be far worse. Unless it is mega obvious you should be fine (ie a black bra under a white shirt. I have seen it and just urg o.e), just wear a camisole if it really bothers you.

If you're fully dressing I'm pretty sure it's expected that women wear bras anywho :P

Silver Member
    What I was trying to point out was that while the pictures looked fine at first glance they revealed more than expected and with today's software one must be careful. If I can scan a 50 year old picture and see a bra which is not discernible in the photo you can only guess what the future will bring. Biometrics is a fast growing science. Face recognition has become common place and the search engines have begun linking images. In my case the white shirt image doesn't present much risk as is. On the other hand the sweater picture if published in high res would have been something that I would not want.

As a side note. I own a lot of bras including several shades of nude. I enjoy wearing beautiful bras and lingerie. don't wear forms and have projection even when not wearing a bra. While I wear nude bras where appropriate I wear other colors too. Most neighbors and friends know I wear women's clothes including bras, so I don't worry about my bras showing. I wear white bras under heavier white tops like many women do which may allow straps and cups to show some. By the way nude bras can too. While I usually wear women's clothes, shorts, jeans, slacks, tops and blouses. I don't try to pass as a woman.