Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shared stuff or your own stuff

Shared stuff or your own stuff

So interesting conversation with the SO the other night. She supports my dressing but is still far from comfortable with it. We're currently talking about moving in together and since we're the same size for many things, she mention the possibility of me getting rid of my things and just wearing her's.

Now this struck me as very odd, but she explained that for her it's easier for her to accept my dressing if I was just to wear her clothes and not my own. She didn't really have an explanation as to why. And I'm on the exact opposite side, I would feel kind of... odd wearing her stuff. Unless she gives me something to have as my own, it just doesn't feel right. And I guess I just like my stuff to be my stuff.

So I was wondering, how to others feel about this?
    SO's - Would you rather share or keep separate.
    CD's - Other side of the coin, does it matter to you who's clothes you wear or just as long as they're a good fit and style?

That says to me that she sees your interest as a kink instead of a condition.

If you are ok with that, then enjoy the play.

If not, you need to talk more.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    My wife and I share each other's things however, 1) I can wear only a little of her wardrobe as I am much wider than her and 2) we do not have the exact same taste in style or color do we each like only a portion of the others things.

How can one develop a style if it is dictated by another? My impression is that she thinks that with your own wardrobe, you are more "serious" about cross dressing than if you simply wore hers (part timer).

You two need to have a discussion about what cross dressing is and is not.

Wouldn't work for me... She is more into 'old lady dresses' if she has to, and I like the frilly-pretty stuff..
    If you really like what she wears, I suppose it may work, but doubtful... (I like my own stuff), and she know it..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I have "My stuff" and she has "Her stuff" but with that said if it can somehow fit us both then its up for grabs for either of us. I am wearing her pajama pants now for example heh. We have different styles/taste I would for certain want to be able to pick stuff out for myself.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    my wife and i can always share some stuff. I encourage it particularly if i buy something nice, i would like to see it get more use. Some things like shoes are completely different since i have larger feet

It sounds like a plausible reason from your SO's side. And I hope that it's really true.

But if I may be the slightly cynical person in the room.. I know what Admiral Ackbar would say.

And for the people who are not familiar with Star Wars: "It's a trap!"
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yes it does matter who's clothes I wear. My style is just that. Her style was developed before we met.
    Sharing clothes? Sure!
    It is a fun part of my dressing. Very proud to be out with her when she is wearing something (usually a top) of mine.
    Especially when one of her girlfriends gives her a compliment on it

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Mine are mine. Hers are hers. But if she wants to borrow or lend, I am thrilled!

My wife and I are also pretty much the same sizing, and I have until recently borrowed her clothes, without her knowledge. And she has some really nice pieces that work well on my frame, but, recently we talked a little about my crossdressing and she said she doesn't like the thought of me wearing her things, so that's that. I (try very hard to) stick to my limited wardrobe.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I stopped sharing with my girlfriends when we stopped sharing a house together.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to in prehysterical times but nowadays I like my own stuff.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ha, even if my wife was open to that it wouldnt work. My style is way different, and our sizes are nothing alike.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brittany, What happens when you purge all of your things and she changes her mind ??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I started out sharing with my girlfriend and now I have my own stuff and sometimes she borrows my things. Rarely due to size differences I can borrow her stuff :P I'ts fun. I at first needed my own things but now I just want things that look normal and I can wear xP

I don't usually try to delve into below-surface motivations, but this seems to me like an attempt to gain her control your dressing. My opinion: you should have enough of your own things that you can satisfy your own needs without relying on her clothes without sharing. Sharing is like the icing on the cake.

Deedee (who is thrilled when my wife wears something of mine)
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

keep your stuff. this looks to be about control, and if she owns the clothes, she may feel that she owns when and where you can wear them. just my take.

She occasionally sees things of mine she likes- usually a stretchy thin knit with lycra- and appropriates it (asking of course) then i'll steal it back after a few years when she has not worn it...

Yes, we both are imprefect, quite so (obviously... :-) ) We are different in size so sharing is a rare possibility- but we do, after a fashion. I always have spare hose, etc, stuff she needs when we have to dress up to go out (she rarely dresses formal without an occasion), and she is not concerned with having the proper accoutrements until that day, so it falls on me to be prepared. Be a leader, just the Trans Scouts.... :-)

I could see that- Boys in skirts, chopping down trees... with an air of delicacy. (Last 70' footer I took down landed 2.5 feet off the aimpoint at the tip- I'm telling you- don't screw with the CD wielding power tools...) :-)

My wife borrows my cloths when she wants something new. Her co-workers always complement her on her new outfit. She washes them, and go back in my closet. Undergarments are off limits.

Half of my stuff WAS her stuff!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I'm not in a relationship right now, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that idea. Unless I explicitly borrow something, I wouldn't wear anything my SO 'owns'. I prefer to have some sense of ownership, not just of clothing, but of life in general.

It really sounds like a major restriction your SO tries to ease you into. It can only complicate things.

Banned Read only
    It could be that she thinks she may be able to control your Cding or some GGs do like to share clothes, ( my wife and sister in law often borrow outfits off each other !) I doubt she's thinking about storage space when you move in together . I love the feeling of sharing with my wife and she knows that,( she's a 10/12 and I'm 12+ ) she says she doesn't mind along as she doesn't know, I do wear most of my own things now. Underwear and shoes are all mine, no sharing, I love buying underwear and a male size 8 shoe is not going to go into a womens size 3, annoyingly she has cleared out some lovely shoes !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Brittany,

My wife and I share certain parts of our wardrobes (tops, sweaters, shoes) however we can't do so with pants/jeans, dresses or skirts because I much narrower in the hip department and these items would not fit well. I don't have a problem with sharing but we still each have our own wardrobe. I would ask why she would feel more comfortable with you getting rid of your stuff in favor of hers as it does seem like there is more of an underlying reason than just because.

Hugs

Isha

I think it would be nice to share. I'd love my wife to make that offer to me.

I am a firm believer in each person having their own "stuff". There may be instances when sharing by mutual consent is OK.
    Hugs, Carole