Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first little "mini" outing!

My first little "mini" outing!

Hello beautiful ladies!

So this evening I had my first little outing/adventure of sorts.

I had about 4 hours to myself after work today, so when I got off I went over to wal mart and did a little girl shopping. This part was completely in drab... that was an... interesting experience I kinda hung out in the shoe area next to the ladies clothes and fooled around on my cell while I waited for the other girls in the area to leave... then went in and started shopping around. Found a CUUUTE pink top that I loved, and also a cute little necklace that goes with the top really nicely (to my way of thinking). I also picked up a pair of jeans, but I'm really not super-thrilled with them -- I think they must be mom-jeans or something cause they're sooo baggy (also about 2 or 3 sizes too big in the waist... I guessed wrong oops!). So yeah, the jeans were a bust - but the top and necklace were a GREAT find Also got a nice little pair of pink flats from the shoe section -- nothing fancy, but they match the top well. That was interesting too cause while I was trying one of the shoes on a GG came down the aisle. She was very polite and didn't shoot me any weird looks though, just carried on with her business.

So anyway, with the shopping done I went home and got all fixed up - bra, forms (my forms came today so I don't have to stuff my bra with rags now, yay!), cami, top, necklace, hair and shoes. I just grabbed my tightest pair of jeans to go with it since there's no way I'm wearing those mom-jean-grocery-sack things.

After I got fixed up I decided I would be able to pass at a distance so I got in the car and drove about 10 minutes down to a nearby park, picked a corner of the parking lot that was within full view of the road and trails but not too close to them, and just kinda chilled out by the car with a smoke for a few minutes before going home.

Girls, it was so amazing A little nerve-racking when I was in the car 'cause I made eye contact with a couple other people (drivers of other cars), but they pretty much didn't give me a second glance and kept on their way. But it was sooo .... liberating! That's the best way I can think of to put it.

Here's a few pics after getting fixed up before taking my drive.

xoxoxo

~Amanda
    Attached Images Attached Images

You could pass anywhere. Lucky gurl

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Yep, you'd have no problem passing! Sounds like you had a
    Really Great time!

I had the same problem with jeans in the beginning. After
    a few mistakes, I was surprised to find out I needed, basically,
    teens jeans.

They're made for very slim/skinny figures. Womens sizes account
    for wider hips and variations in hips, thighs. Hard to guess without
    trying those on. But the teens sizes (Juniors) are a nice slim perfect
    fit.

My waist is like 31 and I'm 6'1". I need a size 11. The fabric has been different
    from mens jeans too...so far...in that it stretches just the right amount and
    feels perfect. Mens jeans haven't had that stretch/conformability....so it's
    quite a difference.

Girl jeans fit so much better and nicer that I've replaced of all my mens jeans
    and am only down to 1 pair. I wear them everywhere and no one ever notices.
    So long as there's no Girly designs on the back pockets. lol!

you look great 100 percent girl
    maybe a little smirk or small smile would really brighten the the day

I can't imagine that you would even think about not passing, you look terrific!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

wow Amanda, the pics look great again!
    though i am hoping to see a smile soon.
    am not sure what it's like by you but maybe going into the next town over or even taking a ride somewhere a little further?
    now here's a question if someone engaged or approached you, what do you think you would do?
    and i have only been out a handful of times myself so my experience is quite limited.
    its often said nervousness is actually jumbled up excitement...
    hugs
    Lil
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

One you could pass fer sure, two I know the feeling of trying to rush shopping I do it at me I get a lot of my stuff at meijer because they have a self checkout, so I get the wrong song occasionally, but I remember my first time out I simply went to McDonald's drive Thru, and it was AMAZING!!! so congrats on your first outing and I hope it's not your last

Wow Amanda, good for you. You look fantastic too

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good to hear you ventured out and had fun!!!!!!! you look great too!!!!

Banned Read only
    I don't know why we get the panic mode in shops, I've got over it now but I only shop in drab but I have had some fun with SAs. Don't worry about eye contact in cars you come over more than well enough to pass as a GG driver ! Next time you go to the park take a book and sit on a quiet bench or take a blanket to sit on, you'll get away with it but I wouldn't advise using an Iplayer with headphones don't want to block your senses. Just think of you new outfits you can try out !

Sounds like a good experience, Amanda - good for you...!

I don't think anyone would give you a second glance driving a car - we get hung up on it because we spend time watching others, whereas most other folk are in their own little vacuous world...

You certainly have a very naturally femme look - great advantage that...

Do take care when you're out - sounds like you're being very sensible about this now, which is a Good Thing!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Amanda,

You look great and here's to being a liberated woman -- we're sure there will be more to come! I find when I am out and about that eye contact -- especially with women -- is really important. That, and your smile, does wonders for the confidence.

BTW, when I shop for clothes now I'm always dressed. Having my forms and any pads in really helps when I'm trying things on -- both for fit and how things look on me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

you look very natural and fresh Amanda!

Wow you look GREAT.Tel me, did you have that excited feeling in the pit of you tummy . Iam so happy for your fist outing.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Amanda,

From your photos you would blend very well as you definitely have femme features to your face, very little beard shadow and you look (at least from what I can see) smaller framed. I have no doubt people would pay you little notice if you were out and about.

Regarding jeans, I would find out what your size is and given your build I am guessing you could pull off skinny jeans quite well. If you are a bit reticent to shop and try things on "en boy" or "en girl" you could try catalogue ordering with several sizes of a pair of jeans you like and send those that don't fit back. However, I find jeans are all different, I can get into a size 8 for some jeans, size 10 for others and have even got into a size 6 with one pair. Best bet is to try them on. If you are not fussed just grab a few pairs and wander over to the men's change rooms nonchalantly try them on and take the ones you like.

As you found out with your shoe experience, people seldom care about others when they are shopping. I normally shop "en femme" but it is glaringly obvious I am a guy yet nobody gives me grief . . . I get a few odd looks from girl's boyfriends when I am holding a skirt or blouse up to myself in a mirror but that is all.

You look great sweetie and going out especially the first time irrespective of how you do it is very intoxicating . . . you will find yourself more likely wanting to do it more. I do recommend caution as you can get caught up in it. If you are worried about outing yourself to those around you, remember to pick venues away from your normal area and be safe. Going out at night alone "en femme" leaves you open to attack as most assailants are only going to see a girl walking alone and think you are an easy target.

CONGRATS though on your first adventure, I hope for more happy experiences coming your way.

Hugs

Isha

Gee if I looked as good as you I'd do some shopping at the mall while dressed. Baby steps will get you out there gurlfriend. Billie Jean

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Looking good! I never guess the size of jeans, try them on. You can go to the men's dressing room if you like, who's going to know they are woman's jeans? I wear a size 10 but some are 12's and some are 8's, oh how I love the 8's, what girl doesn't like a smaller size? Trust me nobody cares, and the ones that do care don't matter.
    I want to be this girl!

Silver Member
    Little by little Amanda, you are experiencing and growing your feminine side! As for the "mom jeans", consider returning them for a refund! Best to measure your waist and inseam length with a Taylor's tape, then go to any store that sells the kind of jeans you like. Tell the SA you need a pair that fits your waist and length, and please do ask to try them on. You may be surprised as to them saying "yes". If not, get a receipt for returning (if needed). Also note, Misses jeans run in even sizes - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, while Junior (gals) are in odd sizes - 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc. Hope to see more pics of your progress. Enjoy.

Thank you girls for all the lovely feedback and sweet compliments I really did have a great time!

Thank you also for the suggestions on shopping and places to go while out and about. I will definitely plan to incorporate that good advice in my next adventures.

Several of you mentioned wanting to see a smile, lol. Here you are! Not very good...but there it is. I'm still trying to get my smile figure out -- most of the time I think it makes my chin look too big. I need to look at some tutorials on the makeup and figure out how to make my chin look smaller. And the eyebrows. Uggh. H8 them!

You girls are awesome! xoxoxo

~Amanda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Amanda, Please consider going to a professional hair stylist to have your brows trimmed up, thinned, & maybe somewhat arched. Fashion trend for models (gals) is a bit thicker brow line, and not as much arch, but IMO that would look good for most of us! Enjoy.

Amanda,
    Passing seems the least of your worries.
    You are off to a great start.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I find some women's jeans fit better than mens! Sizing is a challenge, but if you are not happy you can always return them after trying them on a home (that's what I do).

Sandra, that is a great idea about just carrying the jeans to the men's dressing room.
    I haven't found the girl yet who wants to date a guy with cuter heels than her!

Congratulations Amanda!! Welcome to the world as a woman. Your battles are in your own mind. You look great and passing is not the issue. Believing in ourselves and our right to be who we are is what counts. Once you realize that most people are not concentrating on us you will be free to go most places. Remember these first steps and the joy they bring!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Wow you look great! Its so much more fun getting out the car for a little walk though, although those first few steps are daunting, its so worth it.

Oh and jeans are the worst, I never find a pair that fit like I want, but half my guy friends wear girl's jeans (including me, but that doesn't really count) so nobody is actually worried if you want to try them on, just go for it.