Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has this ever happened to others who go out dressed regularly?

Banned Read only
    Isha, I haven't ever had this happen to me, but it happens all the time to one of my friends. It's really tough and really scary, and potentially dangerous.

Most people don't understand us, and many hate what they don't understand.

Banned Read only
    We have to accept that there will always be people who want to live in some moral construct of their own making and then judge everyone who openly or freely contradicts it. Prejudice is, unfortunately, a human condition. My outings are constructed to avoid places where that might happen. I love fashion and spas and doing female things essentially and I have no wish to do my groceries or get my oil changed enfemme. It's not so much that it is dangerous as just a drag having a comment or an evil eye like that ruin the day out.
    So I check out washrooms, parking and that sort of thing in advance. I avoid any area where men, and especially inebriated men, tend to congregate.

Banned Read only
    Southeast Michigan on weekends, Mid Michigan weekdays
    I experienced this traveling, and couldn't wait to get back in the car and lock the doors. It was not pleasant, but I did the best I could, smiled, looked away and kept walking toward the car, glancing over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't being followed. I couldn't help myself though, as I was walking away, I had the best wiggle I've ever achieved, both in my walk and my boobs! Take that! Being who you are sometimes also mean dealing with difficult people and disapproval - but that happens in all aspects of life. It's a natural feeling though, to make sure we have our safety.

I don't go out dressed in public, but I do buy women's clothes in some of the department stores. One time, several months back, I was looking on the clearance sale racks and an older woman gave me a really nasty look and snort, and looked like she was trying to say something nasty to me. She kept staring at me, almost like she was going to call security or something and mumbled something about a man doesn't belong in the women's clothing section. Rather than make up a story like I was buying a gift or something, I smiled and said to her "Yeah, and doesn't it really anger you when you see women shopping in the men's departments! Its just not right!" She turned around and walked away. I realize I didn't make a convert, but I felt like I made my point. Not sure why I let her bother me.