Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Where are you on the Crossdressing Curve?

I'm probably a 4. I underdress most of the time, and wear more when alone. Night-time is 100% en-femme time, including forms. No make-up yet.

Practical Cressdressing

I am a practical crossdresse; usually an underdresser, but I would dress completely given the opportunity. Guess that makes me a 3C.

Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. However, items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, is more of a challenge; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items both acceptable and practical:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally considered a female item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer pantyhose are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be deep-sixed when a run becomes apparent

6) Purse: One cannot usually keep a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in the small side pockets and lack of back pockets that are typical of women’s pants. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and often more expensive there!

This is a different scale than usually discussed here, where masculine and feminine are at the ends and has to do with what drives us to crossdress.
    This one is more about the frequency, duration, and/or extent (partial/complete) that we crossdress, rather than what drives us.
    Hard to answer, as I have resorted to partial dressing of short duration when time and place don't permit my preference to dress and make up completely and over-the-top. Sometimes we have to be satisfied to do what we can.

Not sure...i dress around the house maybe 3 times a week...maybe twice a month i go 'full girl mode' wig,makeup etc i never go out dressed i would like to but its no big deal to me....maybe a 5

I'd love to be in the 8 range. Circumstances cut that about in half, sadly.

I'm a 4 at best. I always wear underwear that would be considered fem, never cotton never "male" underwear. thongs,very tight,Colors and silky thats me! I just purchased my first forms and sleep in them most every night for a few hours. I have heels a skirt and some tops but I have to hide from my SO.
    ​Jamey

I'm an eight.
    I dress casual when home.
    I occasionally dress in evening wear and go out and shop or dine or take in a movie.
    "Missed it by that much!"

I would say I am between a 6-8. Not sure really. But I hear I look good or atleast alright.

I would say 6/7

I don't go outside very often (Mainly under the cover of darkness), but when I get dressed (Almost every day) I put on clothes, make-up, wig and boobs. So essentially wander around as a full woman.

I guess I'm only between 1 and 2. Ok, maybe 2, since I made a few purchase already, and I love to wear it home... But I still have a long way to get to where I'm supposed to be...

Untitled
    I guess I'm a 2 or 3. Panties are my only underwear, and I prefer nylon or satin sleep shirts for bed. Nylon trouser socks, a few discreet tops and pants, subtle makeup (rarely), long hair (what's left of it) professionally colored, eyebrows waxed. I'm sufficiently self-aware that I know how ridiculous I'd look if I tried to go much further. I'm just an occasional visitor, even more occasional poster here, so I don't expect anyone will see this, but couldn't resist adding my data point enough to "swell a progress, start a scene or two." Best to all.
    . . . tamara segunda

Probably an 8 or 9. Only once a week do I allow myself to be myself, but when I do it is full on!

I suppose I'd say I'm around a 5 or 6? I've more recently been desiring to venture out as a woman. I dress a few times a week, but I have no desire to be a full time woman. I still enjoy all the aspects of my male life as well.

On a sliding scale.... from a 3 when underdressing most of the time to a solid 8 when fully dressed and feeling really feminine when out of town. Having a supportive wife would definitely put me over the top, I'm sure!

I would say 8/9. I work hard to blend Carly with Kevin when I can't fully dress. Even my guy clothes have a feminine touch, light purples, hints of pink, etc. I just love fashion, men or women's.

I'm another one right in the middle , 5 to 6. Dress fully at every opportuniy and adore it but manage to have a very happy and fullfilling male life the rest of the time.

5 Over Winter
    - I spent the fall and winter in Indy and was wearing a dress about half the time, I think. My landlord was about the only person who saw me dressed.
    - I wore a bra only a few times then.
    - I shaved off all my facial hair for the first time. Before that I'd always kept my mustache and goatee, but always trimmed.
    - I also shaved my body hair once then, but I don't have much of that anyway.
    - I have long hair but am bald, but I wore a stocking cap, so the baldness is always hidden.
    - I wore men's dress shoes. I still don't have women's shoes, but I plan to get some eventually. I'm sure I'd like heels, except for the discomfort, so I probably won't get any, unless maybe platforms.

0 Now
    I'm back with my family now and not dressing, but I want to move again soon and start dressing again. But dressing doesn't have a high priority for me.

8 Lifetime Goal
    - I would like to get all my facial hair removed, if it's not too expensive.
    - I'd like to dress prettily most of the time, but not in public. A unisex look might be good in public.
    - I'd like to get permanent eyeliner makeup. I'll probably wear pink nail polish.
    - I'll get women's shoes and a wig eventually.

11 AfterLife Goal
    - When my body wears out, I want to transition to true female, or my own modified version of female, in spirit.
    - I'll redesign my face and body to be feminine.
    - But I won't have feminine or masculine mannerisms, which I don't have now either.
    Last edited by LelaK; 04-28-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Pretty basic for me. I don't go out in public or try to be seen thru my windows. I mainly wear sexy/lacy/sheer undergarments, not much into womens clothing and make-up. I do like dresses though and have a French maid dress that I wear around the house but I dont do the whole feather duster routine some guys do. My wife is supportive but she chooses not to participate with me so I dress when shes at work.

I will crack a beer, sit down at the computer, relax, and do whatever cums to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Probably a five. This being a scale to include all, then the mean is 5 but the median may be different, as well as the mode. Plus we do not know the confidence limits so.... ZZZZZZZZZZ
    Doesn't put me to sleep hon! Right up my wheel house!
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

At this point in my journey I'm a 2 or so. I wear panties every day but really want to go further. I have thigh highs but have only worn them when away from home. Ditto with polish on my toes. Would love to wear a bra with inserts, dress, heels, wig and make up but haven't gone there yet. That would too much of a secret to keep from my wife for me right now.

So a 2 wanna be 8-9.
    Last edited by Samantha Clark; 05-08-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I'll go with a 4. Lingerie, stockings, bras and heels in the evenings and to bed to relax. The closet and dresser in a spare bedroom are completely filled with the stuff, from the simple to the very complicated, silk&lace to leather domina wear. I could probably open up my own shop. ;-)

1.25 or less. Lol, not by choice.

Banned Read only
    At Work I'm a 3 as I own my own business so I do have to tone my dress code down because you have to have some professionalism how ever even at work I under dress and wear make up but not so much that it stand out a mile lol, at home I'm a full 10 go full girl all the time, usually it's ladies jeans or denim skirt / shorts, or leggings with long t shirt or a cute top. Now out and about I'm usually a 5 as I mix both genders and more a 6-7 when the sun come out because that when I go in to girls wedges as I love them

I'd say I am a 7... I work in male mode... But enjoy spending as much of my free time dolled up. In my perfect world I would work and spend any casual time in boy mode... But when it came to time to look nice to go out to dinne, dates, or shopping at the mall... Hello five in heels... Sexy dresses or skirts...glamorous makeup and big hair.

I have to say that I'm probably a 7. When I dress I dress all the way and try to look and be female to the best of my ability. If I could I'd be a 10 contemplating an 11.