Thread: Going out for the first time. Please help me?

Going out for the first time. Please help me?

Hey there, I am new to this site. I have been dressing on and off for about 3 years now. I have only ever been made over from head to toe 3 times. Over the past few months I have really wanted to explore this side of myself and venture out for the first time. I live in central PA and was going to go to a club that is TG friendly. So far the only items I own are a pair of slingback heels that are 4". Can u provide me with some help on what is appropriate club wear and what in eed to purchase still? Thanks.

Erica

I would look at what other girls wear out to clubs.
    It is better than recommendations.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first time "out" otherwise outside my house was for a walk late and dark at night of course, then my second trip for a drive, early am, went to McDonald's ( I know lol) but went inside and got food to go, never been to a club but been for many walk and drives and went to target once dressed but that was my first experiences and I don't think I could go to a club dressed first off, that's just me, for fear of people judging and thinking shit of me

For clubbing, you have a lot of options. Around here, most GGs at lgbt clubs wear jeans and comfortable shoes, but a few will wear a dress or skirt and heels for a date night on the weekends. I suggest not overdressing, getting too formal or dressy. Remember, it's a club, not a ladies luncheon. At the opposite end of the spectrum, avoid the trampy look, and while the lg community seems to love drag queens, I would avoid that look unless you put in the effort and resources to really pull it off.

I tend to dress casual in summer (unless I have a date) -- above the knee casual skirt or short shorts, flat or platform sandals, small breastforms, etc., sort of a girl-next-door look. In winter or a dressy night I'll wear a clubby skirt, stockings and heels, larger forms. Regardless of what outfit you choose, I highly recommend taking some pains with your makeup, hair, nails, jewelry, your overall look to make a good impression and boost your confidence. People will interact with you more if they see you've made the effort to be attractive and fit in.

First welcome to the forum !! Secondly I agree with Bev, look at and study the GG's that attend the clubs.

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Aspiring Member
    Go to the clubs website, they may have a gallery section of past events. You can get a general idea how people dress for that particular club. Find something for yourself that you will be comfortable and confident in.

Silver Member
    Great advice from previous posts! Whatever you choose to wear, please be certain that it is age appropriate, club acceptable, comfortable, and not too revealing, unless that is the look you desire. Perhaps there is a GG you know that can help you with clothing choices, makeup, and being your "partner" for your "first time out". Go, have fun, and take some pics! Enjoy.

Welcome to this site.

Like the others here I would see what other girls are wearing at that particular club. I have been out to many different clubs and some are very casual, all jeans or comfy skirts and others are all short skirts, sky high heels and lots of leg. You have to find out what is the norm at the club you want to go to and then do your best to blend in.

What ever you decide to wear, do like Sheri says and take the time to look your best, nails make up, hair and jewelry Even if you are wearing jeans, all the little touches will build your confidence and show you care about how you look.

Hugs and best of luck.
    Let us know how it went
    Michelle

I agree with Beverely. Seeing what other girls wear is the best so you are not out of place and be confident. You will be fine.

Shelly

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Here is an article I did on Picking The Right Outfit For The Right Place......no real wisdom here...just good old fashioned common sense.

Picking the right outfit is very important, especially if you are planning on heading out of the house and venture into the real world. Where are you heading out to? Is your outfit appropriate for the venue you are going to? Casual daytime shopping around town? Maybe those clear stripper heels heels are not the best choice. Or how about a night on the town? How short is too short? How tight is too tight? What are REAL women wearing for these occasions? Most women during the day are not dressing to the nines and this goes for their makeup as well. They keep it comfortable. The key is to blend, anything too flashy is just going to draw attention to yourself. ( Think sequined anything ). Keep your style age appropriate and you should be good to go.

Banned Read only
    So, you got all the usual tips to make for a delightful evening. Now for the good stuff. Make sure you put your keys where you can find them easily in your purse. Take along a pair of flats and leave them in the car for later. Believe me, you will want them later. Do not walk in dark areas if it can be helped. Remember, you are dressed as a woman and will be considered "easy prey". Do not try to adjust your "junk" in public. Head for the ladies room if you need too.

Relax and have fun. It is an experience you will never forget.

Great tips Jorja! I never thought about either of these!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Do not try to adjust your "junk" in public.
    I think this one is also useful for en drab...

Good advice so far. The only thing I would add is to make sure that your clubwear is appropriate for your age and that you don't dress at limits of edgyness for your first outing.

In fact, it might be a good idea to skip the LBD and make your first trip in something like skinny jeans and a nice top if other GGs are seen doing the same. Your first experience will give you more information about the direction you want to go.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Adriana,

this is extremely helpful. Thank you so much as i am very new to this. The club is a tg friendly and caters mostly to that audience. I did some research online and it looks like I will plan on wearing a tight little black spandex dress, hoisery, and heels that i feel comfortable wearing a couple of hours. I have mostly shopped in guy mode which makes it pretty awkward while looking in the women's sections. The other day i was shopping and found a 4 inch pair of slingback heels that i loved. I was paying and just got confidence out of the middle of nowhere and said "let me make sure these fit". he looked at me strangely and handed the box back. The other girls working in the store watched me but didnt say anything I put the heels on and took a few steps and decided they would do just fine. As small as that sounds it was a huge step for me and really got me thinking that I can build on that and keep moving forward with it. Do you have any shopping tips while in guy mode? I dont know if I have enough supplies to go out en femme yet. Are there any experiences where u had to try on clothes in guy mode? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    So, you got all the usual tips to make for a delightful evening. Now for the good stuff. Make sure you put your keys where you can find them easily in your purse. Take along a pair of flats and leave them in the car for later. Believe me, you will want them later. Do not walk in dark areas if it can be helped. Remember, you are dressed as a woman and will be considered "easy prey". Do not try to adjust your "junk" in public. Head for the ladies room if you need too.

Relax and have fun. It is an experience you will never forget.
    Jorja,

Thanks so much for your words. I am looking to see if anyone in the area is able to go out or has meetings where they have outings together. As of now my plan is to have my makeup professionally done and go out to a local tg friendly club from there. I dont have a lot of experience walking in heels but i think i can handle a 3" pair for a few hours with flats in the car. Again thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Good advice so far. The only thing I would add is to make sure that your clubwear is appropriate for your age and that you don't dress at limits of edgyness for your first outing.

In fact, it might be a good idea to skip the LBD and make your first trip in something like skinny jeans and a nice top if other GGs are seen doing the same. Your first experience will give you more information about the direction you want to go.
    Eryn,

That is a valid point. I am 24 years old so fairly young for the styles of today. I was thinking since it is my first time of wearing either leather pants and a cute top or skinny jeans with heels.
    Last edited by Katey888; 04-07-2014 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit or multiquote to add to existing post rather than post again..

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica, Be careful ,have fun and take pictures.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Typical clubwear for me. Short black halter cocktail dress. Silver jewelry.Dark hose. 4" mary jane heels. More casual, long sleeve wrap top, black skirt, black low heel ridding boots. Plus... corset, 2 x silicone bra, for cleavage, regular bra, home made hip pads, see you tube, and tight Spanx slip to hold everything together.