Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't understand

Human Nature. We seek, always; to stand on the edge of some precipice or another. The stories seem to have the common theme of CDs putting themselves in those situations, true enough. But how would that be different from any other day, for those who must uphold an extremely (and unfortunately) high level of discretion? The super-closeted CDs take that risk EVERY time they dress. The wife/GF could come home early on a lark... Maybe a relative (with a key to your house given by your SO) drops by for a surprise visit...It happens. Welcome to the universe.
    The stories that get posted are either of the luck running out and getting caught, or coming dangerously close. It is the unfortunate reality of CDs with much to lose putting it all on the line just to express their inner selves, if only for a little while at a time. Sometimes it goes well, most of the time it does not. Make no mistake, though... they know the risks, and they are willing to take them. I have a lot of respect for that.
    The stories I've seen are an entertaining read, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla F View Post
    Candice,

I can see 2 possibilities (but I'm sure there are more). They both are trying to get as close to the edge without getting caught.
    1) A person who doesn't want to be outed, but takes chances because of the need to be their true self.
    2) A thrill seeker who pushes the boundaries of what is safe for the adrenaline rush. After a while they would have to take more chances in order to get the same thrill.
    Nyla: for me, it's number 1, precisely. I sometimes feel I MUST take the risk to be closer to who I am. I think many closeted CDs take the risks we're discussing because the cost of coming out fully is just too high personally and professionally. One more thing: I've noted on this site and others over the years that many CDs are risk takers in much of their lives: cops, soldiers, mountaineers (that used to be me) so maybe that does play into it.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Another side of this is those who hide their dressing from their SOs, to me hiding something like this is not a good idea. Not only is it lying to your SO, if they "accidentally" find out it is often worse because you hid it from your SO rather then be truthful about your self. And those that post saying that their SO seen their bra marks, nail polish, and smelled perfume on them do they actually believe that their SO isn't wondering whats going on? Or has already put two and two together and knows that their SO is a CD.

For me when a relationship gets serious I told my SO that I am a CD/TG, I'm not saying that you have to proclaim your dressing on the first date. But the sooner your truthful the easier it will be for the two of you to work through any problems.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 04-07-2014 at 06:15 PM.

I feel like hiding is short changing yourself and your SO. If wearing a dress makes you happy then by all means DO IT! If you have an SO though, let her know. If what she wants is a masculine man than that is not you. I was engaged to a girl once and didn't let me true feelings regarding something other then crossdressing. In the end, I wasted my time and her time.

For me the second option basically sums it up. Don't want to be caught, but want to go right to the edge of that. That's led to getting caught a few times (stories for another day), but even then getting caught has been in a way that's within acceptable limits.

That said, at home, the thrill and fun of it is still there, even when there's no risk or adrenaline rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla F View Post
    Candice,

I can see 2 possibilities (but I'm sure there are more). They both are trying to get as close to the edge without getting caught.
    1) A person who doesn't want to be outed, but takes chances because of the need to be their true self.
    2) A thrill seeker who pushes the boundaries of what is safe for the adrenaline rush. After a while they would have to take more chances in order to get the same thrill.

I like to wear nylons and a skirt why is that wrong...because we think it is ? Reading all of these comments are very helpful, but in the end we all will be " caught ".one way or the other. Hopefully the day will come when we are judged by who we are not what we wear..