Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's just women's clothing but,

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

It's just women's clothing but,

why is it just so irresistable? That siren's call to come through the looking glass and be a women. Why is it so strong?

Come on, y'all! Tell me!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

As I wanted to live as a woman for nearly sixty year I just must be wired that way. I'm sorry but that's the best that I can come up with. I know that I love to live this way !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The only plausible answer to that is because it's part of who we are. Not to mention we'd probably be bored to tears being "normal".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've asked myself this question many times. Half the people in the world are women. There is nothing more ordinary than being a woman. And the clothes are just clothes. What's the big deal?

Then I go in my closet, put on a dress, breastforms, wig, a little makeup and some jewelry. I look in the mirror, and I know the answer. I see a woman looking back at me, and I know this is the right thing to do. If you want a rational, point by point explanation, I can't give you one. I'm not sure one exists. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a reason. I think that the reason lies at a level that is beyond words, a level that involves my basic identity and my knowledge of self. I don't know if this helps, but it's the only answer I have.

But, that's what it's all about.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think the most direct answer is. . . You like it! Don't all the things you enjoy call to you in some way? That is how it is for me, at least.

Yes, it is just clothing but it feels so right when I wear it.

I have no desire to transition. I am male and know that and don't want to change.

I do love the things women can wear that mean don't, all that satin, lace and nylon!

Deep down I don't know why but I also know I can not stop.

But it's more than just the clothes, isn't it?

Obviously this would not apply to forum members who just underdress, or who present androgynously or as men in dresses, but for the rest … isn't it about wanting to look as appealing or enticing as a woman as possible - feminine perhaps or even sexy for some CDers? There are lots of short skirts, plunging necklines, thigh high stockings, high heels. The wigs tend to be long, busts are well defined. And then there's the makeup, jewelry, perfume, the attractive accessories. These are all things that women use to be appealing. Now many of you are hetero and you are not interested in attracting men (except in fantasy, according to some threads). But you are men and so you dress perhaps to be attractive to yourselves?
    Reine

it is much more authentic for me to embrace the Siren's call than to wonder why

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    well it def is alot more fun for sure! so many patterns, materials, styles...it is much more interesting and feels soo good on the skin...

Must be a night for introspection...tee hee
    I just answered almost the same question on another thread, albeit worded differently.
    I have a GID. I am bio male but a good chunk of me is female. Do I wish to alter my body to become fully female? No, as that would be untrue to my male feelings. Do I wish to present male all the time. Of course not... been there... doesn't work. It is a binary world - male or female - but I am not a binary person.
    So, to remain sane, I allow myself to take turns. When I am male I am pretty much all male. But when I am female I am pretty much 100% female. And it is not about how others perceive me at all. It is about how I perceive myself. The clothing? It is for me and how it makes me feel.
    In a perfect world I would not need these extremes, though I might indulge either from time to time. In that perfect world I would swing between the two and all points in between according to how I felt on any given day. But it is not a perfect world. So I indulge the two extremes, trying to remain, essentially, somewhere in between.

I don't know why but it is. I jumped through about a hundred hoops today for two hours out and about en femme...drove about a hundred miles all told and it was sooooo worth it.

I think it's because I want to know what it's like to be pretty and vulnerable. Something guys don't know much about, right?

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Accepting My True Self

I'm not a psychologist or an expert in gender issues. But having personal experience with this feeling, this attraction... sirens call... and desire to wear feminine clothing, I feel I can give some input. This is who I am... but this may not be who you are. You must take that journey for yourself.

Now I'm not the average crossdresser. I don't currently transform myself into a woman, clothing, hair, makeup, etc..., for a period of time and then go back to my life as a man. And then repeat this process over and over again without end, the sirens call as you stated. Why do I say that? Because I have moved on. I have accepted a part of myself that I had tried to deny for over fifty years.

When I grew up, 1950-60's, as a child I was attracted to boys and girls clothes. But I was told boys don't wear girls clothes. I was told you're either male or female, boy or girl, man or woman. Those were my only two choices. I was also told I'm the gender that was my sex, what is between my legs. The only exception was a person that was born in the wrong body. So are you a girl trapped in a boys body? I answered No. I was heterosexual. But I also knew something was not right. Perhaps I just needed to be more of a male, more of a man. I tried to deny the feeling to myself.

Of course for me the attraction to feminine clothing was still there. I was about 5 to 10 at the time. And I did find the opportunities to put on the clothing for the next 50 years on and off in secret. Guilt and shame became entangled in these feelings. But I also learned about myself and thanks to the internet I learned about others who felt this same attraction, this same need or sirens call. I read their stories. I dealt with the guilt, the shame and came to a realization about who I was. I stopped denying the feeling and accepted it.

What I discover about myself is that part of me is feminine and part of me is masculine. My sex maybe male but my gender identity is different. I'm a balance of the feminine and the masculine. And for me it leans more to the feminine. So that's why I was so attracted to the feminine, why I wanted to wear the clothes. But I'm also masculine and so it would be a mistake to only be female. I'm not a girl trapped in a man's body.

So today, for my gender presentation, I wear both feminine and masculine clothing so I feel my true self. I'm no longer get caught in that endless cycle of dressing feminine and returning to the masculine. The secret I guarded for so long has lost its power as I made the decision to come out. My friends and family know and now I feel right inside my skin as my true self.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I know for me it's the amazing selection of clothes that women have to choose from. If I had the money I could shop all day for the pretty clothes. Now that those spring dresses are out too it's just so darn crazy how much I love those style dresses..
    It's hard to explain to anyone unless you have experienced it .

Silver Member
    Funny, I thought about it the other day when I was looking at the spring fashion ads. I really didn't have any interest in the guy clothes, but saw several women's outfits that I liked. Given my age only a few were age appropriate, but that goes with women too. I've long past the short skirt world and now wear mostly pants and shorts. The one thing that I do have are a lot of silk tops and beautiful blouses. I leave the cute things to my granddaughters.

Texture, colours, feel, sensations, I used to think maybe that was all it was, an attraction to female clothing. However if that was true surely I'd just be happy wearing silk underwear, etc. But it's not, it's how I express what I believe is my feminine side.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Throughout my life I have been drawn to female clothes but I realise that is the tangible facet. In other ways I have lived my life as the husband and father but willingly adopted and displayed what I would call feminine qualities. Inside me there was a desire to be more feminine and less masculine although I had and still have no great aversion to being male. To say the least it has been quite confusing! Clothing is one way of being more open about myself. It is not necessary to pass publicly as a woman, I doubt I would even try. What it does is tell me that I feel alright, and it is alright to be myself. How far I push that depends on circumstance. I have a wife who is uncomfortable because she did not know this aspect of me when we married all those years ago. She tolerates but would rather not have to. So I do not push too hard. However I would if I felt the overwhelming need.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But it's more than just the clothes, isn't it?...but for the rest … isn't it about wanting to look as appealing or enticing as a woman as possible - feminine perhaps or even sexy for some CDers? There are lots of short skirts, ... high heels. The wigs tend to be long, busts are well defined. And then there's the makeup, jewelry, perfume, the attractive accessories. These are all things that women use to be appealing. Now many of you are hetero and you are not interested in attracting men (except in fantasy, according to some threads). But you are men and so you dress perhaps to be attractive to yourselves?
    Perhaps for some, but I don't thing that this defines me. My skirts aren't short, my bust is modest (38B), and my wigs are shoulder-length and conservative, not curled to '80s proportions. I don't wear perfume, my jewelery is what would be worn by a GG my age, and my shoes are seldom over 3" and usually lower. I don't feel that I dress "to be attractive to myself" any more than a GG does. Certainly, I like to look nice (as a GG would) but I don't do it only for myself. I don't subscribe to the belief that women work to make themselves attractive strictly to attract men. I think that most of their motivation is simply to create the best appearance for the world in general, exactly as I do.

I enjoy being out in public and being perceived and treated as a woman. I enjoy interacting with women as a woman. I'm not as interested in interacting with men, but I will in casual settings. I don't like to turn heads and there is nothing sexual about my dressing.

The male and female genders have different cultures. Men tend to be naturally competitive and aggressive. Women tend to be naturally cooperative and social. In modern society women have won the "culture war" as everyone is expected to display the female traits of cooperation and social interaction. Is it any surprise that some of us on the losing side might want to emulate the winning side, particularly when we have had a dose of gender dysphoria?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Carla - you are on a crusade at the moment! Do I get the feeling you are either getting too much or too little Carla time...?

It's more than just clothes, as you intimate about 'coming through the looking glass..' - in years past I would have thought it was just clothes but I know and understand now that if that were the case, then there'd be no need for a full 'makeover'...

Samantha described this well, I think:
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    .... It is a binary world - male or female - but I am not a binary person.
    So, to remain sane, I allow myself to take turns. When I am male I am pretty much all male. But when I am female I am pretty much 100% female. And it is not about how others perceive me at all. It is about how I perceive myself. The clothing? It is for me and how it makes me feel.
    That's what it does for me too, even in those relatively short times the feeling of finally being able to project a true and whole sense of self is overwhelming... it goes way beyond the clothes, they just happen to be one element in something much broader...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Carla,

I hear you. I know it is just clothes but there is something about them that just calls. When I see a woman dressed in something pretty going about her day I don't think I want to be her, I think . . . I want to be out wearing what she is wearing.

Hugs

Isha

Yes, its just women's clothing. But its the feeling it gives when you start your transformation. The silkiness and wonderful styles we can wear. All in all to me its a state of being and of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But you are men and so you dress perhaps to be attractive to yourselves?
    Exactly. Fortunately, the girl in the mirror knows exactly what the guy looking at the mirror likes, and she does her best to accommodate. He shows his appreciation by buying her nice things to wear.

It's irresistible because it unites the way we feel inside with the way we appear to everyone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Gender Dysphoria. That's why it is irresistible. No most of you aren't transsexual, but cross gender expression through cross dressing is a very common symptom of GD.