as long as its not a banana smoothie..

That would be weird
    pmsl ..............
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    Of course, it is a decision that only you can make. We all need to make the decisions best for ourself and our situation but there maybe some other factors other than not being attracted to men that may play into your decision. Take the time to look at it from all angles before making your decision.

Be careful with a decision like this. I thought the same thing just a short time ago. Don't now
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Why are you asking advice about genital surgery? You cannot get it without serious therapy. Whatever anyone says, you can't just go and get it.

Most therapists have not had genital surgery. This is an excellent place to discuss it. I have considered a non-cavity surgery. The chances are good that I won't use a vagina for its intended purpose, so an all show, no go vagina seemed like a good option, but this is something to consider very carefully. After the surgery there would probably not be enough tissue for a future vagina, so it's a getvit right the first time thing. On the positive side-no dilation.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    I have considered a non-cavity surgery. The chances are good that I won't use a vagina for its intended purpose, so an all show, no go vagina seemed like a good option
    Right. I have known a couple of people who had a partial GRS for the same reason, and they're doing fine. It certainly does take less maintenance and fulfills many peoples' requirements to achieve body congruence.

Several GRS surgeons perform this surgery, when you get to that point in your transition and you're looking for surgeons you can ask them about it.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

So, you have not had genital surgery either Paula, but you're qualified to give advice on the Internet to an anonymous poster? I just found it odd that someone would come on a forum to talk about something so important, as if it were up to popular opinion. But sure... a smoothie... it may be appropriate for some people. Even if there is no penile penetration, however, there is a lot pleasure that can come with using the cavity (there is G-spot). This is coming from someone who did have genital surgery.

I've never heard of a 'smoothie', seems a rather adolescent word for such an important procedure.
    The concept doesn't make sense to me.
    A friend of mine was not into men at all, right up to the day of surgery. Afterwards it was like something switched in her head. I can only quote her experience and this surgery would have been a disaster for her.

Reality Check
    This is something I've wondered about, not that I would ever go through with it because I will never transition. I just like to learn about things I don't know about.

Suppose though, I am a senior citizen and happily married to a woman. Suppose I did want to transition and live the rest of my life as a woman and suppose my wife was OK with this. I would never be with a man, only my wife, so there would be nothing to penetrate with.

Do people actually get what is being called here a "smoothie"? An external only vagina? Is there any sensitivity that would provide an orgasm?

Hi,

Depends on the person and yes can be done with out any issues and contrary to some who think other wise, you can still have a full surgery regardless of wether you have the
    == extra piece==. and years later, the extra surgery will be taken from your inner thighs as replacement, it can be done and in some case is iv seen it done no big'e, in two case's in one case was a had to ,

some of us have as youv said ,

intersexed for other reasons and again a need to not a wont to,

I allso know of others who have had the surgery and some are concidering haveing it done that way.

As an after thought.

some of us are non sexual nether male or female so makes little difference as far as surgery is concerned, those who know me will understand where im coming from and the reasons why,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-08-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Do people actually get what is being called here a "smoothie"? An external only vagina?
    Yes. It's more common than people realize.

Is there any sensitivity that would provide an orgasm?
    Look up "clitoris". How (or if) the surgeon can make a neoclit in a partial GRS I do not know, but it seems likely since the neoclit is made from the nerve bundle located in and near the penis glans. Lack of a vaginal cavity should have nothing to do with that.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Silver Member
    "Smoothie" (along with "nullo" and others) is a very specific fetish term.
    Lea

Reality Check
    I did not know that. I suppose there is a correct name for this proceedure and/or result.

I've heard of people who had just the Orchiectomy. This achieves two goals; one it stops testosterone so you don't have to take the Spiro. two, it eliminates the need to gaff the testes. If you are small, like I am, just about any pair of panties will make it completely flat.

Many of the earliest procedures were "smoothies", but most doctors will recommend that you get a full vaginoplasty. The costs aren't that much different, and if you start with the smoothie, you will have to get skin from elsewhere if you decide you want one later. Some doctors use part of the intestine, some use thigh. Much depends on what you want to do, with whom, and what they might need, or want.

The one concern I would have, maybe someone else could answer this, is that after the Orchi, the prostate shrinks. Does that mean anal is not as pleasurable?
    If so, I'd want to have the other option.

Seems like you might really want to get some good medical advice from a few doctors before making the choice for a smoothie.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

There is some well-educated advice here, mostly that the mental state may change once your extra parts are gone
    and once the nerve tissue that would be used for vaginoplasty ( penile & some scrotal ) is removed to leave you with a vulva your
    options are limited and for sure your internal sensation & pleasure would be compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally49 View Post
    I am living full time
    Have been doing some research
    I am desperate to get rid of the 'junk' down below
    Am considering getting a 'smoothie' creating the look, but not the depth
    Im not attracted to men, so see this as a viable alternative
    Any advce would be appreciated

Sally
    Can I ask why you think you would like an alternative? Is it money? Fear of complication from a more involved surgery?
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Aspiring Member
    I did not know that. I suppose there is a correct name for this proceedure and/or result.
    It's called a labiaplasty (I think thats the spelling)

Thanks for all the advice/comments
    I stumbled across a blog extoling the virtues of a 'smoothie' especially for older transitioners
    I needed to know more

Dr. Brassard in Montreal does a noncavity GRS. It's no cheaper, but no need for dilation, and the patient can return to work in two weeks. He says it's popular among lesbian transwomen, or others who do not require penetration. He does create a clitoris, and has good results with orgasm ability. Remember, orgasm is caused by the brain.