Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where are all young cross dressers?

When I attend crossdresser meet-ups, I don't see many young CD's there. I know 30 years ago it was difficult for me to start going out in public. I would like to think it is easier now, but I guess not. But my advice and request of the younger gals - Just Do It!
    Stephanie

It was very difficult for me to accept it when I was younger but I am almost 37 now so I would say I'm still relatively young but I have come to fully accept (and not really care what others think) now

Most of the time in the different CD outting I go to, I tend to be the youngest lady there but the more mature gals have many great stories, and really understand the experiences us younger gals are gong through. I would like to see more young ladies on here as well as I wish I had this type of supportive community when I was younger... It may have helped me to accept long ago when I could enjoy younger women's style of clothing in public

I'm new here (and I'm 18), and I've been thinking the same, it would be nice to have more on here. There's a group thing that the other girls have mentioned, but I can't join until I've been a member for a month unfortunately.

Im always the youngest cd wherever I go. Would love to be able to meet and hang out with girls my age

The main crossdressing community on reddit skews young. It's very active but it's mostly pictures and less discussion than you get here.

Hi suzie! I'm only 24

I'm 32, unfortunately I can't join the actually young not just young at heart group anymore.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Suzie,

You definitely need to join the Young Members section, as I remember when I was in my early 20's, anyone over 30 was old and out of my preferred fun bracket. However, as I was also in the RAF at the time, I mixed with all age ranges through my service life and learnt so much from the older ones too.

Anyway,....as per Zylia's comment, "back in my day.......let me tell you........blah blah!"

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I'm still in that young category i think. I'm just 27, i would love to be able to find and chat with some friends that are closer to my age.
    Jennifer

I'm proud to say I'm 35.

In hexadecimal.

Geez. Even in hexadecimal, I'm old... <sigh>
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Hi Suzie!

The "where are the young people" question has been asked before and it is a bit of a mystery. Surveys here on the forum shows our median age to be about 50.

One hypothesis is that young people have fewer problems going out and therefore tend to not need as much support.

Another is that young people are so busy with their young lives that they don't have much time to think and act on their TG status.

A third is that being TG is much more accepted these days so it is only us older folks who feel the stigma strongly and remain closeted.

There's probably a bit of truth to all these hypotheses. In my case I kept my TG status buried through most of my life. There was always something bigger that took precedence and I always hoped that some major life event would put an end to my "inordinate interest in things feminine" once and for all. It didn't happen so Eryn finally got to come out and play.

Suzie, you are very lucky that you are able to explore your TG issues at a young age. You're saving yourself a lot of misery in not having to go through life wanting something that you may not even be able to define. Learn from those older and more experienced than you here and enjoy the company of your peers in the young people's section!

What do they discuss there anyway? Things like "Justin Bieber, is he or isn't he?"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

You'll find some here, but I suspect a lot of younger people who would have identified as crossdressers had they been born a generation earlier either, if they are actually transsexual women, realized it at a much younger age, or else came to identify as bigender, androgyne, genderqueer, non-binary, etc., and find gathering places around those identitles instead. That's the case for me and it's part of the reason I post relatively little here.

Maybe us old farts can learn from you younger gals!! You younger gals need to post more often. It was great to see Kim Huddle back on the forum . Girls like her & Karren Hutton bring much needed sense & humor to the forum . Come on young girls, post more often !!! Peace, mel

I'm 29! We exist!!

I just joined and I'm 27, but I say forget age, look at all the experience and knowledge we got together. Whether we are worn around the edges or right out of the box, chicken legged or thunder thighed, twisting or twerking we all have one thing in common.....like a fine glass of wine we taste better with ag.......experience

Well, you say you're 'deadly in the closet', so if you wanted help with managing it, the older (I tried my best not to use that word!) members of the forum would probably be the ones to speak too. After being here for a while, you see that they've already done it all and are therefore much better set to give advice on what and what not to do in that department. I know I couldn't really help because I'm in a similar situation!

But yeah, like others have said, come join the Under 30s group to talk to others you're age x