Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel like this?

Do you ever feel like this?

Do you ever feel sometimes you don't care about CDing anymore but you know how much excitement you get out of it? It seems like to me sometimes the amount of work it takes to get ready is not as beniffiting as it took to get ready, or that since you only dress in the house you really don't know why you put on all the dinner dresses.

I know what you are saying Hon but what we can accomplish is only limited by our own imagination. Works for me. :
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I sort of go through what you might call remission from time to time, but it never lasts long. Whatever you do--take it from me--don't purge. It will end up costing you a fortune and you'll miss things you can never replace.

Oh im not in purging lol, done that a few times as im sure all the rest of you have also lol. My wife actually wishes I never purged before I met her just so we wouldent have to start back from scratch.

Banned Read only
    I guess if you're around the house just dress to your mood, as little or as much, full makeup and wig is only a chore if you haven't got much time but don't force yourself no one is going to tick you off !

That,s exactly why I don't bother to completley dress anymore. Hours of preperation for a few hrs. of pleasure just doesn't seem worth the effort. For the last 20 yrs. I just slip into a bra, panties, dress or skirt and top, shoes and enjoy myself for the entire day and evening. I'm not going out into the world, just hanging around the house and yard, and can convert back to drab within a few mins. if need be. I know I,m considered just a "man in a dress" but I still get the thrill of dressing, feel of the clothes and pretty much the same look san's wig and makeup.

It is a lot of work...... but like I have a choice? Its not something I do for pleasure.... Its something I do because I have to.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

After many years only dressing in hotel rooms, I only dress now if I am going out. Or if I have to check a fit or try a look in preparation to go out.
    Of course, I wear skinny girl jeans and tight tops most of the rest of the time anyway, so even drab feels somewhat femme.
    Well, unless I have to mow the lawn or do some other task that requires more traditionally male or work type clothing, but that is kind of rare.

The majority of the time I dress I do not go all out. Usually it is just a simple outfit, some eye make up and lip stick. The whole bread cover and foundation rarely happens for me. I know once I go out that will change but if I am just sitting at home, I don't need to do the whole process.

Banned Read only
    I have to be in the proper mind set to do my feminine clothing. I don't do it just for the hell of it. It is a source of tranquility and relaxation.

I know what you're getting at Lacey, but no.... not for me...

All that preparation is still exciting, in its way. Demanding, painstaking, time consuming... Yes, all that and more...

But without that, it would neither feel completely right, nor would I look half as good... Hah! Forget half, probably a sixty-fourth!

If that's your thing just with the clothes - that's cool... for me, that would just be like taking a walk to the pub but not stopping for a drink... Nice to do, but not really the point...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    It's a matter of just feeling good and being comfortable with me.

I'm not taking it out in public, so nobody sees me. I don't sit admiring
    myself all day, so I don't need to be fashionably adorned with the latest
    styles.

Makeup is pointless unless I, or someone, can see it....and it can feel
    "heavy" to me sometimes. (I'm not sure how to explain that, though...)
    My wife rarely bothers with makeup herself.

I Used to think I needed to "do it right", but now I'd just rather be at
    ease and feel nice. If I felt the same dressed in men's clothes, I'd dress
    in them. I'm more comfortable in what I Do wear. If it made no difference,
    I'd go with the men's clothes. But it does.

If I go out socializing, I'd do what was expected of me. But at home...
    if I feel happy, that works wonders for me. Sometimes it doesn't take much.
    I'm usually too busy to notice what I look like. I do notice what I feel like.

I am actually going through something similar at the moment. I am just not getting the feeling of wanting to dress. And it is weird... because I know I would still like it, i am still interested in feminine things, clothing.... I still feel feminine, but when I get home lately I am just feeling blah about it all. Why bother to change and then just change back again??.... I am not really sure what is going on, been busy a lot, I feel tired a lot.... I don't know if part of me is fighting it, or what is really going on.
    Last edited by Tina_gm; 04-10-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Lacy for me yes that's a very common conversation I have with myself. I look at myself and think what am I doing I mean I love the clothes but being a mostly 99 percent at home dresser Im like what is the point.
    Then the next day I'm shopping for more clothes lol. So yep it's crazy being a CD

Sometimes I don't feel like dressing, even though I have an opportunity but it's never because I can't be bothered putting in the effort, thats half the fun.
    Occasionally I'll get all dressed and made up, and if I don't think I look good I'll get disheartened, but I forget about these times pretty quickly and always dress again.

Im sorry your feeling like that, but I hope you find the time to make yourself still feel special

That's latterly the problem I run into all the time is I ask why but then I still want to feel more lol.

Makeup addict!
    Yep, all the time. I don't crossdress that often anymore because of all the work that goes into it

Over the years I have been dressing, it seemed that this interest was cyclic. In other words, excitement followed by guilt, followed by worrying about being caught and having my life ruined followed by excitement again. I know this may not make much sense. The sad thing is that during the times I was worried about being caught, I would dump all of my collected things; wigs, makeup, clothes, you know the entire thing only to replace it again piece by piece during the next 6 months. I understand your feelings and have no real solution. Coming into this forum and listening to the experiences of others has given me tremendous confidence to continue.

lacy, if i am really tired and run down, i have a very real issue of getting dressed. I look at the clothes, and just cant get myself to put them on. i find that when i push through that, i dont even want the added pressure of wig or makeup. gg's dont have that option, they still have to get dressed and move on. don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

It is alot of work and sometimes, when I plan what I'm going to wear, i look at how much time I have left and judge if the effort is worth it or not.. plus I get lazy too and will just throw on leggins, heels and a girly top and walk around my house that way
    Its not that I don't care about dressing up, its just some time i think the effort is not worth it for the time I have to dress.

girly girl
    Wow. I can really identify with the comments made in this thread. I love this forum!

I go through cycles too- for a while I'll do everything to the max, then I'll go through periods where the "extras" seem like more hassle than they are worth. When I'm in those "this is more trouble than it is worth" phases, I find that I actually worry that the thrill is gone, that I won't ever feel the urge for full-blown Abby again, even though I've been going through these cycles for decades. Big surprise, the urge seems to always come back!

I hope this makes sense: Best I can figure it is like being hungry, when I get enough to eat I don't think about food or crave very much (except chocolate). When you are starving all you want is food! When I get to dress as much as I want I seem to get enough and I am full. There are times that I don't dress very much or can't dress very much and those are the times I can't stop thinking about it or shopping.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lacey, I dress to see that lovely lady in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Good days, bad days, going half mad days. Sometimes ya feel like a girl, sometimes ya don't. Wait 5 minutes it'll change!!!