Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever feel like this?

That feeling left me a long time ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Southeast Michigan on weekends, Mid Michigan weekdays
    I've been in the same boat, and have purged 3 times now. I found the recession hard to hang on to jobs and had to stop dressing for job hunting and expense reduction. Such a shame, and I regretted it each time. I keep coming back though, and I'm happiest when I am able to doll up, shop for clothes and makeup, and be myself, either at home or out. Life is a roller coaster for me, so I know what you mean, but I intend to follow my heart and be feminine when I can. Hope you find your equilibrium, and happiness - it's worth the work!

Yes, quite often actually, probably nine out of ten times If I consider getting 'pretty', although it's not really because I don't care about cross-dressing anymore, it's mostly because I'm too lazy. It's a lot of work indeed. I would never purge though.

Junior Member Alice-n-wonderland's Avatar
    Been through this many times to only come back, not anymore. I think I will be keeping all the stuff even though I cant always do it or feel like it. Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself. If this is something your really into you wont be getting rid of it. For me it has been a lifelong fascination. Like anything you have to take it the ups and downs.

It doesn't take me any longer to put on girl clothes than it does to put on boy clothes. In fact, often it takes a lot less. I have a couple of $10 dresses from Wamart that I can slip on and be done. Yes, I can "do the ritual" too, but only if it's fun.

But I need to spend part of each day in girl mode to keep from going crazy. Even when I don't feel like it.

I need to have a few "slap, bam, hello ma'am" outfits to keep from having an excuse not to dress.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    You know, all of the famous historic people, George Washington, Lech Wałęsa, Picasso, Jesus, probably at one time questioned, "What the hell am I thinking?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    , it's mostly because I'm too lazy. It's a lot of work indeed. .
    I felt this exact way yesterday....i was going out and realized it's ALOT of work.....sometimes I like just being cozy in some girly sweatpants..its much easier

Nope. I have plenty of opportunities to go out dressed. I do not spend a lot of time getting ready, but enjoy the time that I do getting ready. The only time I do not feel like going out is when I am really, really tired or stressed. If dressed, destressed, I am going out. I can go out alone and enjoy myself.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I think it's called "life". Once we've come to grips with the fact thay we aren't going to live only in one gender, we also acknowledge that we are going to have a full and possibly more complicated life. There are a fixed number of hours in a day, and with two full transformations required for a one-day excursion into our feminine selves, we need to balance the 2 hours (or so) that might require if we haven't transformed recently, against the rest of life. It's a cost-benefit analysis as it is with all that we do.

Ironically, if we dress more often, that transformation time diminishes. Also, planning ahead (which also takes time) can drop the transformation time. For me, if I'm crunched for time it's the nails that don't get done. I can do a 'day' makeup job and get dressed in 30 minutes if I don't have to go looking for Tina's stuff!

It's a balance.

Wow, what a great thread!
    I have gone through cycles for many years and agree with many who have said, "Don't purge". I know the feeling and urge will always come back. The beauty is that it is always different and better if I don't let guilt or judgment get in the way. Right now, I am going through a stressful time and dressing lets me escape from my troubles in a safe and totally comforting way.
    It is relief for me now, but , in the past it was excitement or some weird kind of risk taking.
    I am just so grateful I have this way to help manage life and explore evolving parts of me and the me I will be next year.
    Gratefully,
    Connie

Hi Lacey, I have just spent an hour plus doing makeup and getting dressed just so that I'll end up taking it all off again in the next two hours. Was it worth it? Damn right it was, I now feel the person I love being, so I took a few pics to celebrate the effort

I do sympathise though, there have been times when you know so little time is available or it will alienate the wife so I drop the idea. It does make me a little moody though

Please don't give up.
    love
    Heather X

All the time! I sometimes just don't even bother and just go with a bra and forms, maybe my wig. I'm housebound too. The best is when I used to travel for my work and stayed in outside access motels. I'd dress and go out for a drive. Only did it a couple of times though. No where to go, but it felt nice to be out and free!