Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some "Brutal Honesty"

I need some "Brutal Honesty"

Been really working on my public presentation. This look took me about 10 minutes of makeup and hair time. Going for an everyday look. Did I make it? Mods, if this isn't the appropriate forum please excuse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

I think you look fine, sweetie. Don't be shy, be confident!

(I like the sig quote )
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    You look very natural, Donna. I'm jealous you only took 10 minutes, takes me an hour at least lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

You look amazing sweetie!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Donna yes a very fine presentation from what I see.

GG & proud SO to a CD :)
    I think you look great! Your lipstick is very flattering with your hair color and skin tone Very cute hairdo, as well, I really like the style!

It's a Paula Young wig...Chelsea. And the lipstick is Loreal 179 Cherry Tulle
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

I love my Chelsea lace-fronts! I like the way they look femme without looking overly full or styled, perfect for girls who want to blend in like me.

They are on clearance now for $40 which I fear means that they will soon disappear from the catalog.

Donna, you look great! Your 10-minute makeup application is all you need!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

GG & proud SO to a CD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaSWLA View Post
    It's a Paula Young wig...Chelsea. And the lipstick is Loreal 179 Cherry Tulle
    Thanks, I'll have to add that shade to my shopping list. A girl can never have enough lipstick lol

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Oh yes Donna that's the wig I have and yes love it a lot and how it looks on me as well.
    I wonder if they know how many of us girls buy them lol

I have a couple of questions;

Why would you come to this particular forum asking for brutal honesty? (do you not know what we've been through to get where we are?)

and

Why do you WANT brutal honesty?

PS It takes me at LEAST 30 minutes for face and hair EVERY morning for work. I can only do it in ten minutes in my dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

You look fine, now get your butt out the front door already.

If you want brutal honesty go out into the world. Live the life.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I have a couple of questions;

Why would you come to this particular forum asking for brutal honesty? (do you not know what we've been through to get where we are?)

and

Why do you WANT brutal honesty?

PS It takes me at LEAST 30 minutes for face and hair EVERY morning for work. I can only do it in ten minutes in my dreams.
    Because I know my dear Melissa I can always count on you to be totally honest. Sometimes I feel like we "sugar coat" our comments to try and encourage each other on our journey, and there is nothing wrong with that. But I didn't post these photos for encouragement, but for comments on "pass-ability".

And if the hair was mine instead of a wig it would take me much longer. Besides, it would take me days to be as pretty as you Missy! Love ya girl!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

You look great, great smile, walk in to a place like you own it with confidences

Ok...honesty it is!!!

face front shots are the best "passing" shots... you will be viewed from every angle.

you probably don't pass except on a cursory basis.

In general your presentation is really excellent, it looks like "you" and your energy is very positive and feminine at least in the picture..

Brutal is easy, honesty requires a better photo.
    These are awfully close, dimly lit, and grainy.
    Anyone standing that close to you in that lighting would read you, but most people would not be standing that close, and not in that lighting.
    Can you give us a full body shot in daylight?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Here is a couple of "body shots" from yesterday (sorry about the 'selfie' flash) and a better face shot with a different wig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

Platinum Member
    My opinion of your appearance, to be brutally honest, doesn't matter a whit. But there is no need for honesty to be brutal. More important is whether you're honest with yourself and reasonable in your expectations. And regardless of how you look, (which is fine, btw) you are going to be living out there in the real world, so accept that.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Donna, Being "brutally honest", IMO your smile says it all - confident, comfortable, and proud to present your feminine side! Enjoy.

very good it would take me 3 hours to look like that
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Hey, that's better.
    You would not stand out in any crowd of middle aged women in my neighborhood. The smile, as has been noted, is quite good. Your shape is believable, and the clothing (in the second set) is very normal, but lose the boa. It is out of place with a t-shirt.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaSWLA View Post
    Because I know my dear Melissa I can always count on you to be totally honest. Sometimes I feel like we "sugar coat" our comments to try and encourage each other on our journey, and there is nothing wrong with that. But I didn't post these photos for encouragement, but for comments on "pass-ability".
    Well, I'm not a monster. lol

Honestly I can't really tell a thing from that pic. The pics you posted later are better, but still, I know the camera lies. I can take an incredible picture if I wanted to, but it doesn't look anything like me in real life. I have a couple of photogenic angles that's all. I was looking good in pictures LONG before I had any hope of passing in real life.

What you need is a friend who will tell you straight up that you look like a dude. I have a couple of those "mean" friends and I tell you what, as much as it hurt to hear their critique, that honest feedback is what got me where I am today. Having said that, you also need less honest friends who tell you "you look fabulous" and who don't mind going out with you, or you'll never get the confidence to keep on keepin' on. Basically, it's my sincere belief that transition is not a solitary endeavor and you need friends of all different types to get you though it.

...and nobody here is your friend. Most of these people are just figments of someone's imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Donna,
    You have several strong assets.
    You have a nice round face, which means you don't have the tell-tale hard jaw that many of us have.
    You didn't try to be too glamorous or feminine - meaning that you would easily blend, looking like most other women.
    You chose a wig that was appropriate in color and length for your face and features.

In a few of the photos, it looks like you may have a bit of dark coloration. Consider laser, shaser, electrolysis or tweezing to get rid of the darker hairs, focus on the upper lip and around the chin. This only shows in one or two of the photos, and the others are very clean.

Since you are posting in the transsexual forum, I will assume that you are considering transition. As you get more real life experience (RLE), you will become much more adept at pulling off an even better look than you have her, but this is an excellent start.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Honestly I can't really tell a thing from that pic. The pics you posted later are better, but still, I know the camera lies. I can take an incredible picture if I wanted to, but it doesn't look anything like me in real life. I have a couple of photogenic angles that's all. I was looking good in pictures LONG before I had any hope of passing in real life..
    So true, you cant judge passable by a picture. Only way to find out is by doing it and asking friends to be constructive.
    But at the end of the day we are what we are. I don't think of it as being passable, I think of it in a way that, if your dressed appropriate and fit in, then what can anyone truly say? If you look the part you won't be of much interest. People that stand out get noticed. It's not rocket science, go out shopping in an evening dress you will get extra attention, just as you would turning up to a wedding in jeans and trainers. Time and a place.
    With that said, assuming you plan to be out doing everyday stuff you look normal, can't see why anyone would specifically pick you out of a crowd. Generally people are too busy worrying about their own affairs, a friend told me early on, "Your just not that interesting" it was meant in a nice way but holds true. I'm but a moments interest in a strangers life, if they even notice me in the first place.
    You look good and ready to me, go for it.