Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A fox in the henhouse

From replies I have seen you elicit here I do not think you are alone or ignored by others, you have struck up stimulating conversations on a number of occasions.
    Nice to see a different and even "skewed view" as Rianna has pointed out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I think part of the problem is you are conflating the goals of to transition and to pass.
    Ok, so lets assume they are separate groups, worthy enough to be counted separately...

I'm still on the other side of that

I post pics where I think I've outdone myself. I take pride in learning new skills to improve the illusion, and like to share the results with a community of souls who get it.
    And a bunch of you work really hard for it, and I really respect that.

By the way, I think of myself as bi-gendered. I like "guy" things like football, beer, camping, and white-water rafting. But I like "girly" things too. In the last few years, I've been trying to integrate my two sides more, for example, by taking ballet classes in male mode. Thus I try to "pass" occasionally," but I certainly have no plans to transition.
    I just don't get most 'standard' guy things. I don't like most sports stuff on regular TV. I *do* watch Tour De France, and I have been caught more than once by MMA.

On a side note, I took ballet is HS. I got outed by the local newspaper as the *only* male student at the Hartford School of Ballet. [1980] I was under scholarship at the time, but if fell apart because I was too tall. No female students were tall enough to do 'pairs' with me. Kung Fu was a good substitute.. it was 'dancing with purpose'.

As far as gender identity it is like I flip back and forth. Watching something like "The Avengers" makes me feel big fat slabs of male. Watching "You've Got Mail" makes me feel all kinds of soft & fuzzy things. Watching "The Birdcage" just makes me giggle (The Patrick Stewart/Robin Williams version)
    Last edited by mechamoose; 04-12-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

All I can add, MM, is that we ARE all different - but, here in this forum, there is space for all of us. Incuding me. And you - and everyone else who posts, especially those great GGs who perhaps don't know how much their contributions mean!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Banned Read only
    MM even if this was a non Cding forum and you posed a question about house renovation or car repair you would still get answers that you'd say WTF is he on about, what planet is he on ! So throw Cding into the equation, well I see it as lighting the blue touch paper and watch the firework go off in all directions, some want to know why, some don't, some can dress as you choose to and some are climbing the wall in frustration. I know and understand now through the help of great people on the forum where I want to be and see a better future. If you're happy with your dressing situation and your family go along with it don't worry what slot you fit into, what other members on the forum are doing won't affect you, most of us are living compromised lives with our CDing.

I feel pretty much the same as you, moose, but I'm beginning to think it's me and not the board and particularly not the posters to this thread, which certainly blew up since I was last here. Iam dmab, nonbinary, quite femme, like you probably more femme than my SO. I'm really interested in exploring my own place on the gender spectrum, but this place, which is neither male nor female, is pretty new, not just to me but to everyone else. As has been pointed out until recently the only acceptance a cross dresser could get was as a female impersonator (loudly proclaiming he wasn't gay) or as a drag performer (where nobody was going to believe him when he said he wasn't gay). The idea of male identified heterosexual men who liked to wear female clothing was so crazy that even now on this board there is a near endless stream of posts in which cross dressers wonder about their sexual orientation or their SOs do. The binaries are enormously influential and while the actuality of gender in society is that there is a wide spectrum from girly men to masculine women to apparently entirely genderless this is not the way any of us were conditioned nor the way that the enormous influence of popular culture, advertising and corporations that make vast sums from gendered products continues to condition us.

I have said I don't experience gender dysphoria, but I actually do. I realized that this morning when the first thing I did, after feeding the cats, was put on a bra and small forms, even though I was wearing a lace nightie and lace panties when I woke up. I did that because I felt uncomfortable about myself without the visual cue of breasts. The very same thing happens to me on this board. If I read too many posts about transitioning or about passing I think this really isn't the place for me, I don't identify with any of this. I need the emotional charge of reading someone like you because you don't want to pass but do feel femme and need to present both male and female. But this is really a matter of my attention not actually the population here. And I am sure that if that's what I need then the cis gendered cross dressing heterosexual who wants to pass as female needs to hear reinforcement for that also. They do more than you or I get threads on living within the binaries but this might not be true in the future and then they might be complaining that this is a cross dresser board but nobody wants pass. We are all on this board members of desperately small minorities, much smaller than the LGB minorities and most of us such a small minority of Transgender than many won't identify that way, and nor should they.

I keep reading and commenting on this board because it is the board that is most likely to have people like you on it and this is partly because there are so many people visiting the board and commenting that there is a likelihood that someone else close enough to me on the gender spectrum will comment. I need that because I really never encounter anyone even remotely like me in my actual environment. So I am very glad you are here and that this thread exists. I am also heartened by the considerable number of posts identifying with you and thus with me. It makes me feel both safe and at home.
    Last edited by devida; 04-12-2014 at 07:24 AM.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    I just don't get most 'standard' guy things. I don't like most sports stuff on regular TV. I *do* watch Tour De France, and I have been caught more than once by MMA.

On a side note, I took ballet is HS. I got outed by the local newspaper as the *only* male student at the Hartford School of Ballet. [1980] I was under scholarship at the time, but if fell apart because I was too tall. No female students were tall enough to do 'pairs' with me. Kung Fu was a good substitute.. it was 'dancing with purpose'.

As far as gender identity it is like I flip back and forth. Watching something like "The Avengers" makes me feel big fat slabs of male. Watching "You've Got Mail" makes me feel all kinds of soft & fuzzy things. Watching "The Birdcage" just makes me giggle (The Patrick Stewart/Robin Williams version)
    Even though I'm sure it's because I was raised as a male, even though I rarely look like a male now I still have the normal male interests. I like sports, trucks, metal music, and action/horror movies, can't stand click flicks. My appearance has changed, but I'm still the same person. And as others have said we are all idividuals, come in all shapes and sizes, and do things are own way.

Hi,

Well im well known in our Village, of Waimate in NZ.. yeap down under ,

So lets see im a misfit because of how i was born intersexed, oh yes a bit of this and that,

Im weird because i dress a bit different a nutcase who did not get accepted at the nuthouse because i keeped my trap shut 56 years ago and i knew had i im a female it would have been a quick trip to inside, no life and no brain, oh, and did i say insane , oh yes that too. so apart from that and other issues,

im glad theres not to many like this ummm well you know ya ya right.....

Okay im a female with out my womb i have masculine facial features, dont pass let alone blend in im well accepted as .....funny as .....a normal female / woman im over 66 say to much and get on well with my peers ,

and others work with in our Village community with in a membership of well over a 1000 people who all know more about who i am than the local frogs down at the pond on 3 commitees

because they wonted me to be, even with out my input of ummm do i have a say in this.... nope can i....... nope your on .... oh.... okaaaaay.....you see funny as, maybe i really do fit in, even if im so different they dont see that or care, what they see is a woman who is part of our groups because they have deemed it so, and with out my input. they are lovely neat people .

Okay im not really mad or weird. or insane as youll gather, just a little bit.... nope . oh bugger.

so if this nutcase of a different type of woman can be accepted in real life then here should be a .....breeze people ether get sick of me or know im weird or oh well thats ...her....ether way at the very least have a dam good laugh. im up for that. now wheres that,.... bl....y mouse......

oh by the way my name is real....flip, time i went to bed 2 pm

...noeleena...