Thread: I broke my binder and I laughed

Smile I broke my binder and I laughed

Apparently a Large in China does not mean the same as it does in the states. I should have known better, I know, but it was a really cheap purchase and I just wanted to check it out. Try one on and move from there. But yeah, I broke a strap and a few of the clips trying to get the thing on.

Note to self, never try to put on an obviously too small binder. I could have REALLY hurt myself!! Really glad now that it broke, and the fact that I broke it is just so amusing to me.

But anyway...I am here for a reason! Where do you buy your binder? Are there any rules of the road of what I should and shouldn't do? I know that I need to buy the best size for my bust (and never anything smaller than that), but I want to know if there are other things I need to consider before purchasing one.

Oh and don't buy a cheap binder. Apparently those don't work out for me.

I know which one you bought!!! Sadly, I was suckered in by low prices too lol I managed to fix mine though

I only have the one binder, atm, so I'm not really sure what to tell you except to check out Youtube videos or blogs about good binders. I've heard that Underworks is really great though and I seem to recall that you can get accurate sizes from tranzwear.com but I've never tried them. I'd probably consider the fabric type if you plan to wear it while exercising or during the summer though. Getting a fabric that absorbs sweat will help keep you from breaking out in painful skin rashes.

I think you've already figured out the most important thing about binding: Wear the right size. One thing that I found out when I first started binding though, was that you aren't supposed to bunch your breasts together. When you bind, try to move them over and out so your nipple placement is right for pecs. It has the added bonus of letting you breath a bit easier too

I dunno if this'll help but you can try looking at some local LGBTQ positive adult stores, sometimes they have TG accessories for both FtM and MtF like packers, binders, ect...

Underworks

I can't imagine what you gents go through having to bind your chests. Any way, I bought a pair of padded briefs from Underworks and they are great. The sizing was correct. I bought through Amazon as they occasionally have specials such as free shipping.

I personally don't wear binders. Hate anything on my chest, which means no bras or anything. It doesn't feel right having something on my chest so I don't wear anything. But that being said I'm lucky to have small boobs that can gain more muscle than most girls which is awesome XP i do find i have a bigger chest though. I can't fit into girls shirts at all really cuz my chest is bigger. XP gives me a good excuse to tell my mom why i don't wear girls clothes i must say lol

Thank you

Thanks to those that have responded to this thread. Just knowing that there are people like me makes things a little easier. I've been looking into better binders that are on the pricier side but should hold up well. I did try to fix my old binder, but it was useless. Soooo I'm on to better things.

I wish the Transmasculine forum had more bites though, seems like its dead...and since I can't reach much of the rest of the site (due to my less than 10 post status) I have no idea what's on the other site. But I'll figure it out. I ramble.

There aren't all that many people in the Transmasculine forum but, on the bright side, the ones that are here like to help

It's like when you do not know what is after death.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfinishedPuppet View Post
    Thanks to those that have responded to this thread. Just knowing that there are people like me makes things a little easier. I've been looking into better binders that are on the pricier side but should hold up well. I did try to fix my old binder, but it was useless. Soooo I'm on to better things.

I wish the Transmasculine forum had more bites though, seems like its dead...and since I can't reach much of the rest of the site (due to my less than 10 post status) I have no idea what's on the other site. But I'll figure it out. I ramble.