Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aging and the CDer - RESPONSES FROM ALL WELCOME

I am 75 and still love to dress up as if I were 50, but I know that the illusion is no longer true. I've given up most of the eye makeup and have toned down the jewelry and flamboyant hair styles.

My biggest asset is knowing I don't have to prove anything to anyone and just enjoy being myself and having fun. I simply don't concern myself with the age thing.That takes a huge weight off my friend. BTW, I'll be 67 this June.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I share many of the feelings expressed here. When I dress, I really don't want to look like an old woman ready for the nursing home. Instead I dress like the woman that I wish I could be. I guess that is the exciting part of being a CD for me at least.

I'll be 65 in a few days and I'm fighting aging tooth and nail. Since I retired I have pretty much transitioned to a full time Gurl. No HRT or any of that. Just a loving wife that actually prefers it this way.
    And as has been mentioned previously, I'm not out to prove anything to anyone. My wife and I are happy and that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    My biggest asset is knowing I don't have to prove anything to anyone and just enjoy being myself and having fun. I simply don't concern myself with the age thing.That takes a huge weight off my friend. BTW, I'll be 67 this June.

Kate, this older gal is with you . I'm way past miniskirts and looking like I'm 30-ish. Here in Florida, I'd just like to fit in with all of the other ladies my age (70...).

BYW, there was an earlier series of posts about the advantages of being an older gal ... http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-an-older-CDer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    I like to think and act young but I do want to look proper and not like a teenager.

Though I am 71 and do like shorter skirts, this outfit pictured below is a favorite of mine and makes me look like a mature woman with a youthful outlook!

fountain of youth?

Thanks Isha et al, for a great thread. Very profound subject and equally insightful replies that i have to say each make valid points on their own and together!

Aging, imho, certainly has has its ups & downs for sure whether its mortality awareness, regret & remorse, and or fulfillment, and peace of mind. For me it's a mixed bag in drab or drag. However somehow when in drag as i am getting older, it feels better (like a wine!)

There is a great line by Freud, to me which is a great metaphor for aging, which is something like "if the young knew and if the old could". Of course one might go down the shoulda coulda woulda street. As far as missing the window of our youth and now trying to beet mother nature in our old age. But we did what we did and we didn't do what we didn't do.

It may be a general human experience, too, that as we are young we can't wait to get old and when we are old we pine to be young.

If one looks at gender and clothes as a human societal & cultural invention, then it's all drag...

IMO, though, female clothing is definitely more kind to the eyes (even if it's ones own eyes) at any age and crossdressing seems to have a rejuvenating effect where it gives a certain spark, shine, and energy to its wearers.

Also perhaps part time CDs TGs only have a small overall amount of hours on the "engine" so in essence are still new, young or barely used; maybe if one was FT 24 7, it may be different? Maybe not.

Like i said before, in drag, i feel an energy glow that i rarely know in drab.

So come to think of it, maybe this is our fountain of youth?
    Last edited by LICutie; 04-14-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I'll be 27 in a month, been dressing since I was 12. I've spent over half of my life trying to look like the woman that I am. The little teenage girl is long gone, but the woman is starting to appear. I wish I had the guts to be who I am when I was younger, but the little teenage girl was lost wondering the streets of denial in never, never land.

Though I never dressed .. or perhaps better put I did dress occasionally but wasn't a CD when younger (I never even really came out to myself / realized my true gender until the late 30's) I can see that now being over 50 it's harder to look decent, especially in female attire. Of course since I've never been able to pull of anything more than being the bearded circus lady ;-) I guess I have an out for perhaps not having such a hard time with it. I guess the other part is that I've never done the breast forms and wigs trying to be passable since I just want to match the inside and outside (to the point of sometimes taking hormones not to transition, but more to feel more comfortable in my body... making the inside and outside match).

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    As I get older I find that I have more choices with fashions. Maybe it's just the times. Like others, I think I look younger dressed, at least that is what people tell me and I don't want to push too hard and find out that they are just being kind. The fact is that I feel younger when I can use hair and makeup to hide some of the aging process. DAP is great for filling in wrinkles (and Drywalls). As time passes I find that each age has it's advantages and surprises. The constant is when I put that last coat of lipstick on and see that woman in the mirror again. It's as much fun now as it was in my younger days. No regrets yet

DAP... really works?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    As I get older I find that I have more choices with fashions. Maybe it's just the times. Like others, I think I look younger dressed, at least that is what people tell me and I don't want to push too hard and find out that they are just being kind. The fact is that I feel younger when I can use hair and makeup to hide some of the aging process. DAP is great for filling in wrinkles (and Drywalls). As time passes I find that each age has it's advantages and surprises. The constant is when I put that last coat of lipstick on and see that woman in the mirror again. It's as much fun now as it was in my younger days. No regrets yet
    Stephanie, i agree with the "looking younger dressed", for sure; although, for me, it may be tied to an internal feeling. perhaps dressing makes us feel both rejuvenated and energized so it shows that in our glow?

I also love what you say about each age's "advantages and surprises"; that is so true (though I guess we have to make sure we keep our eyes open otherwise we might miss them!).

Ditto on seeing the woman in the mirror again, and how it's remained fun and even fulfilling over the years.

My main question, though, is does DAP really work because in a pinch i have used a variation of Russian dressing as makeup (along with modified t shirts as dresses...) for dressing around the house!

Hugs,
    Lil
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

Isha, thanks for the thread. I too am struggling with the age thing, at 61, the body is showing the effects of the mileage even as the brain screams NNOOO!

I have no pics of me younger, they are all gone. My avitar is the first pic in over 20 years. It was a shock and a wakeup call.

I feel great, and Now I need to adjust to the older woman before me and not the young gal of my memory.

i never dressed exotically, was always more of the classic style, but now I need to learn a different style all over again. This is exciting and Marsha is more than up to the task.

Candace, I love your style and am excited to watch the woman you become. You are an inspriation.

To the ladies of grace (age) here, I watch all of you, as This gal gets her gilrliness back in order!
    Last edited by marsha leanne; 04-24-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Isha, at my age (73) I can accept the fact that I can at best look like a "mature" woman. I dress in a style of late 50s to 60s year old women. I can only fool myself so much!!

Hugs Bria

I'm 47 now. I cross-dressed in public from when I was about 25 until 29 or so, then took a long break until I was 46.

I definitely look less youthful now than I did back then. However, I'm lucky in that I'm small (even for a GG... 5'2") and slim with long hair of my own. I also have a much better eye for fashion and makeup than I did when I was younger. So although I probably could have looked prettier in my younger days, I think I actually pass better now than I could have before.

Yeah, aging is kind of sad. But it's better than the alternative.

I know I do not always pass... I get stares when I'm out and about in malls, etc. However, I also know that I sometimes do pass because I've interacted with people at close range who've called me "ma'am" and have not shown any visible reaction to my appearance.

Dear Isha
    During all these years I followed my slow pace into aging with cross dressing ,, I noticed like all ladies getting older is spending more time on the mirror trying to adjust the aging process by manipulating it..... by adding additives which are fun and pleasurable ,,,Yet always trying to look my proper age ....At younger times sexy female imitation bodies was the goal...now a days looking a lovely lady is enough for me ....being a woman is the target .....with all what comes with it ....

I've come very late to the party at 66 years, now 67. I never liked the way I looked, and made no attempt to remedy that feeling until recently. As a man growing older, as my hairline receded and the wrinkles spread, that feeling only intensified. But, a funny thing happened since I started crossdressing and found joy in it. I discovered things about myself that I never considered before. For example, one can find warmth in a smile, joy in the eyes, strength in the body, and fervor in mind. As Clara, I now take more interest in myself and my appearance. I look to emphasize my positives and disguise my negatives. The result is a certain confidence in, and satisfaction about, who I am, and how I appear, despite many physical flaws and the ravages of advancing years. Is that vanity? Sure, but so what? Vanity has motivated me to lose weight, to exercise more, to project myself in a way that I never did as a man. It has helped my marriage, too, as my new found enthusiasm is starting to rub off on my wife. It seems to me that at any age, we should strive for an authentic, healthy, pleasant, confident appearance that reflects the sense of who we are. In many ways the discovery of my transgender identity, and the way I express it, has been a kind of rebirth for me. It offers a whole new way of looking at the world, and has inspired new interest in life. Isn't that what really counts?

Talking Never dressed fully as a woman until age 70

Having never dressed en femme until last year, my only frame of reference is from getting madeover by a professional (Phoebe Cross). She suggested that I should makeup, dress and accessorize to blend in as a mature woman. Therefore, I purchased a stylish grey wig, some longer skirts and casual flat shoes as well as a pair of glasses that all help me to blend in with other ladies in my age group.

As Phoebe applied the makeup, though, the skin of my face began to look so smooth and my features so nicely highlighted by makeup that I really feel 10-15 years younger than my male appearance. The feminine urges that we all experience have become increasingly stronger and more frequent the older I get. I just love it!