Thread: An Interesting Outing

An Interesting Outing

About a mile south of my apt, there is a coffeeshop, that I learned is gay-owned, of course gay and TG friendly. I learned of the place from my interaction at my TG Support Group. I was told I could present en femme, and there would be absolutely no negative reaction. Well, ever since, I wanted to take a trip there, but as time passed, I began to want to be somewhat 'en femme" if not completely "en femme" if I was able to go with another.

Since I didn't have anyone to go with, I conjured a wild ideal to wear a pair of Cassie's shoes under my drab 501 jeans. I normally underdress evenings and weekends but I wanted more.

So, around 4pm, this afternoon, dressed in otherwise drab clothes, light brown dress shirt, and my 501s. I put on a pair of light brown booty type shoes with a 2-3 inch heel. My 501 covered the heel, and the toe of the shoes were squared and if you didn't inspect them too closely, they possibly pass as men's shoes.

But I must admit there are two clues that would give my little oddity in my attire away, 1) the style of the shoes, upon a second and closer look, one would guess, women's shoe, and 2) the way the shoes make you walk, I had a definite swish in my walk when I wore them.

So, since the coffee shop does not have a parking lot, I parked the truck on the street that bordered the back of the coffeeshop. A couple was returning to their truck, the driver was in a wheelchair. So, as I sat in the truck, wanting to wait till they drove away. But then I thought, if he has the courage to get out there and live his life, driving even though he was wheelchair bound, grab some guts girl, and get out there. So, I took that proverbial breath, and open the truck door. I'm sooo silly, I know the only one who noticed anything was ME!

I took along my laptop to do some work while I ate my mid-day snack I planned. I can't express how great it felt walking across the street, down the sidewalk, into the coffeeshop in my heels. I was nervous, but I kept thinking, "ACT NATURAL" and you will blend in. I mean, it was only shoes, hidden, and the outerwear was all drab, funny how one little thing can be the trigger for so much stress.

But I was there, committed, no turning back. At this particular coffee shop, you have to walk up to the bar and order your food and have it deliver to your table. I must have gotten there just as the rush arrived, because I had at least ten people in front of me. So there I was, standing for all the patrons to see ... nothing, absolutely nothing... so silly. I started to order my food, and as normal, as I spoke, I reached around to my left back jean's pocket reaching for my wallet and of course... IT WAS NOT THERE! OMG OMG OMG OMG ... WHY NOW!, WHY! WHY! WHY! THIS NEVER HAPPENS! So, I immediately, told the counter guy, hold on, I need to step out.. He said, sure.. and I immediately walked out of the coffee shop.

Panic, Panic, Panic... I'm walking to the truck cursing... but then I remembered, I just got some cash at the ATM, the wallet had to be in the truck. So, I started to breath again, slowed down, enjoyed walking in the heels again, and as I remembered, my wallet was on the floorboard of the truck. I go back in, order my food, took my table. Then, fate struck again, as I am taking my laptop out of the case, I swing in on the table and in a wosh... I knocked my tea all over the coffee table . Luckily, no one was in the little couch enclave I chose and no one really noticed my blunder. I again walk back up the bar, ask for assistance and received it.

The guys who helped me and brought me my food did notice my shoes, but did not react, so if they didn't react, neither did I. I ate, and worked for about an hour, till my laptop ran out of juice.

I was reading to leave when a str8 couple chose to sit in the enclave I was at and took the chairs directly across from my couch. They couldn't see my shoes because of the coffee table between us. So, again, I told myself, act naturally, put your laptop up, straighten things, get up and walk out...

So, that is what exactly what I did. If they noticed, I have no idea. I walked back to the truck and drove home.

One more little adventure

Cassie

Hi!
    Great story, congratulations! I started wearing women's shoes and boots in drab a couple of years ago. Now, I do it all the time. Most of the time no one notices, but, like you , I feel great and love the way the shoes make me walk and swoosh .
    I once rode back on Amrtrack in skinny jeans and Steve Madden boots. No one said anything except a young woman who sat across from me near New Haven. She just said, "nice boots, I like your style." I was a little bit taken aback but just said thank you.
    Anyway, I hope you repeat your adventure and enjoy the journey.
    Connie

Looks like you had a very fun outing. Very happy for you and was a good read.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Sounds to me like you were trying to get noticed! Weren't cha? Huh? Huh?

Gone to live my life
    Hi Cassie,

Sounds like you had an enjoying although a bit hair raising night. I am glad you got a chance to go out and live your life.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Cassie / all

I also wear heels with drab jeans and trousers. I did try going en-femme back in the dim and distant past but I tended to look like my avatar ! then finally came to terms with myself and as my name suggests I underdress.
    This I feel comfortable with and sometimes even venture out in public in heels. People have said it gets easier the more that you do it, but I still have to work up the confidence every time I go out.
    Not sure what the rules are here regarding mentioning other forums but if someone can let me know if it's OK I can recommend a very good forum regarding men and heels

Platinum Member
    Hi Cassie, It sounds like you are living on the wild side.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I sounds like you've found a new favorite place for lunch. You just have to work on the money and coordination; things we all need help with at one time or another.

Good for you, and congratulations.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Cassie,
    I can see you pushing the boundaries more and more.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.