Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye opener

Hello Badds,
    Thank you for sharing your experience with "ghe normal world", its a shame that, IMHO, some many normal folks are so ignorant. Hopfully time will change the situation.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Babbs after being here a while I am sure you will find a way of telling your wife.

It can be liberating, but be wary all the same.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The older I get Babbs, the more I'm convinced there is no such thing as "normal". We are all unique individuals and don't really fit into a neat little basket. It's mostly due to societal conditioning and what people are used to. Since we are a part of society, we have it in our power to change perceptions of others. That is totally up to us, however.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    This is one of those endeavors that requires a somewhat thick skin. I'm just happy we don't get tarred and feathered. Most folks I see are quite gracious, especially the women. I can understand how men would feel the need to belittle us as they are often terribly conflicted by being attracted to us and repelled at the same time! Poor guys, I feel sorry for them. I think half of them want to be us.

part of my own story has to deal with the 'herd'. i have had 2 friends transition, one was a high school friend whom i have lost contact with, (i think by their choice, new life etc) the other was a work mate. We became friends even though it was hard for her to trust anyone. This because her supv had outed her to the entire work group before her arrival. the nastiness from both the guys and gals towards her was insane. we won't go there. Some. after getting to know her also became friendly. When those who befriended her learned of her story, and her struggles, they also would speak up for her. My regret was i did not speak up enough, because of my own fear. She and i worked together for about 3 years.