Thread: Could be a true word spoken in jest !

Banned Read only

Could be a true word spoken in jest !

This thread came about after a post I wrote in Pics section commenting on Megan's shopping outfit. As we're both in the UK I offered tongue in cheek to meet up for coffee and because of the age difference it could be like mother and daughter ! OMG I realised that Megan is my son's age ! So what if the meet took place and my son turned up dressed ! I don't know how I would react ! How would members react ?

Has this ever happened to anyone ? If so how did you deal with it ?

I hope you don't mind me relating this to you Megan !

I would first be surprised because he managed to keep it a secret before now, and then I'd give a big smile and have coffee and a nice conversation to find out more about the young lady I was just introduced to.

}:>

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Tee hee...not quite sure how I would react, but I confess the thought really made me laugh. I think my first question would be "where in the world did you find shoes?" LOL
    it is hard enough for me with a size 14 in womens shoes, but my son wears a 15 in mens!

I'm barely old enough to be in that situation realistically and I don't have kids in the first place, but I would obviously ask him if he is gay or wants to be a woman I do have a dad however and the idea that we would (accidentally) meet as 'women' totally weirds me out, kind of like the "what happens in your parents' bedroom" stuff. Why I would go on a blind coffee date with a 65 year old cross-dresser is beyond me anyway

This would make a good conversation for the whole family at Christmas time.

Banned Read only
    Hey Zylia you've put years on me ! Well maybe 2 or 3, It was only tongue in cheek fun but I was intrigued that it might have happened to someone.

Besides if it had been my son I would have had to buy him a few beers, perhaps under those circumstances we would both have needed some beers!

I'd give her a big hug and say welcome to the sisterhood. Then I'd be out to two family members.And maybe we could swap skirts.
    Angie

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Wow, a quandary inside a conundrum! I guess it would go like, "Well hello. I didn't realize I had a daughter. I've the nicest shoes to go with that outfit."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    I would imagine it would be quite the shock because you never read the CD signs he had and maybe he couldn't read your CD signs or kept quiet about them.

Haha that would be awful, but I guess we'd both be as embarrassed that everything would cancel out.

I'd definitely be surprised - but so would he I'm sure...

I can't say his designer stubble would really carry off any sort of 'look', and he's currently carrying a bit more weight than me... Beyond the appearance aspects, I think it would be a great thing to have a conversation around and perhaps some share some tips: unfortunately we don't share a great many pastimes so this could be it... I should be seeing him in about a half-hour.... just not enough time for me to get ready...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

This actually happened at a support group I know.

I don't know who got the biggest shock. It sure would mean you sure have no need to go hiding your things after that.

Its less likely now with the internet and getting to know others first but anything is possible.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

When I was using dating sites I always wondered what would happen if I responded to an add that was placed by one of my sisters (or v.v.). Never had kids, and I'm pretty much beyond that age now. Tell you what, though - there is absolutely no way I can imagine my dad dressing, and while he was around, there was no way I was going to let him know about me. And yet, there were times when we thought so much alike it was uncanny. I once told one of my sisters "I could easily be him, but there's no way he could be me!"

Smiled thinking of my dad, Thanks, teresa!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, Or you are at a club and run into your father who is all dressed to the NINES.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    Tell you what, though - there is absolutely no way I can imagine my dad dressing,
    My Dad was a real sweetie, and I can't imagine him in drag unless he was in a play. <3

I miss that man...

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Would you be more surprised that your son was dressed, that you were both dressed or that neither of you knew the other dressed????

As I told my wife when we went to our first meeting....if we met someone we knew there, so what!! What would they do, run to our friends and say guess who I met at the my crossdressers meeting??? I don't think so....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would feel terribly confused......

For a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.