Thread: Its Official

Its Official

Well, I am as official as it gets now. A month ago, I went to the doctor to get my bloodwork done for HRT and when I got there, they said they weren't equipped to handle HRT patients. That is of course after I had asked multiple times if they handled that there and they said yes. I was pissed as you can imagine, but the doctor gave me a name for another doctor that would be able to help me with my transition process.
    When I called the new doctor, they said that they couldn't even make an appointment until I had gone through therapy with a psychiatrist. I was bummed but knew that was something that might need to be done. I found a psychiatrist and had my appointment last Tuesday. It was a huge success! After a 1 hour session, she said that she could see no reason why I shouldn't continue with my path to transition. She said she could see that it was really what I wanted and that I had a much more level head than most patients she sees. She approved me!! Right after that, I called the doctor back and scheduled my appointment. They had a cancellation and they were able to fit me in for this upcoming Wednesday! On Saturday, my recommendation letter from the psychiatrist arrived for me to take with me when I go to the doctor. I am so excited!! I am official!! This Wednesday, I go to get my bloodwork done and hopefully soon after, start HRT. The doc accepts my insurance so everything is covered, and it is also taking place on my birthday! Happy birthday to me!! Not only is it an amazing present to myself, it is also a great marker for when I start this whole process. It will be nice and easy to track how long I've been doing everything later on down the road. I can't wait!!!
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Junior Member Princess_pantyboy's Avatar
    That's great news Hun your on your way. Good thing come to those that wait.

Hugs and early happy birthday
    Princess

Early Happy Birthday too, Eva..

Isn't it great when you meet competent, helpful people after having to deal with so many incompetent ones!

Great feeling for you, I'm sure.... Good reason for extra celebration on your Birthday...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Eva I am so very happy for you. Sorry you had a bit of a run-around but at least each doctor helped you in the right direction. Its also nice to see another April b-day girl
    Erica

Eva, congratulations on taking these first huge steps. Your doctor is actually not entirely correct. The laws vary slightly from state to state, but in the accepted practice of the AMA and APA is that you need to be evaluated by a therapist. This can be a CSW, MSW, Psychologist, or Psychiatrist.

Normally, the therapist wants to make sure that you have structured your life to be successful throughout your transition. They also want to make sure that you are a transsexual rather than just a cross-dresser or have other ulterior motives.

I strongly recommend that you join and participate in the transsexual forum. Many of us have benefitted from the experience, strength, and hope of those who have gone before us, as well as giving strength and hope to those who are just starting the path. You also want to take LOTS of pictures as you transition. 2 years from now, you won't even recognize yourself and you may have a hard time getting people to believe that you were ever a male. This isn't a problem very often, but documenting the process, both with a journal (as you are doing), and with photographs, will help you to see your own progress and may be helpful when you need to maintain the link to your experience and background.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Debbie, I actually made a instagram account for that very purpose. I plan on taking a weekly picture of myself and updating my instagram as sort of a personal picture journal with all the changes. I hope you're right about people not being able to believe I was ever male. That is certainly what I am hoping and praying for. I guess only time will tell.
    What you described about the therapist and what they do is completely accurate. That is what we went over. It was supposed to be a 3 hour meeting with the psychiatrist and after only an hour, she had determined that I am what I claimed I am. A transsexual. She asked me personal questions about my life, thoughts, temperments, feelings, future plans, and so on. She said that she could tell I was really excited about wanting this for my life. She also said that I was exceptionally calm and collected with as much stuff that is going on in my life. She asked me what my biggest fear was in all of this. My answer to her was...That I was terrified she would say that I couldn't continue on with my life of transition. That it wad all left up to someone else to determine if I was the "real" deal or not. She agreed that she didn't like the fact it has to be left up to someone else, but that's sadly the way it is right now. She said I didn't have to worry though. That she was going to approve everything and that she would fax the report to the doctor and mail me a copy to take with me in case for some reason the fax want received. So on Wednesday, I am going into the docs office armed with my letter and all my hopes and dreams.
    I will most likely be visiting the TS forums much more often in the weeks to come. I can't wait!! I am giddy with excitement!!
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Congrats!!!!!!
    - Still Choosing an "En Femme" Name

Platinum Member
    Hi Eva Lynn, I wish you all the happiness in your new life's journeys, And may all your paths be covered with rose petals and sunshine.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's a wonderful turn of events Eva. Coming on your birthday, as it does, will make for a double celebration. You will have one birthday with two ages. How cool is that?

I'm wishing you fair winds and calm seas.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Hug

I'm very happy for you! I hope you're transition goes as smoothly and easily as possible.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Eva,
    I wish you all the best you could wish for yourself.
    May you have a smooth journey.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Update:
    I had my doctors appointment this morning!!! They put me on Spyro, progesterone, and estrogen. I am going to start in the morning. I'm so excited!!! It's such a wonderful birthday!!

Banned Read only
    Congrats Eva Lynn!!! Get ready for the ride of your life!

keep going to start new life Eva

Hi Eva, I share your excitement. Its a feeling unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I am just about five weeks ahead of you. I still have not come down off the high. Lets keep in touch

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

A double happy birthday! Enjoy the journey.
    Kristen
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Lynn View Post
    Update:
    I had my doctors appointment this morning!!! They put me on Spyro, progesterone, and estrogen. I am going to start in the morning. I'm so excited!!! It's such a wonderful birthday!!
    First of all, Congratulations. It's cliché, but...this is the first day of the rest of your life. I'm surprised you didn't take your first dose in the car, in the pharmacy parking lot.

Congratulations Eva! I am excited for you.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    First of all, Congratulations. It's cliché, but...this is the first day of the rest of your life. I'm surprised you didn't take your first dose in the car, in the pharmacy parking lot.
    Oh believe you me....I sooooo wanted to. It's recommended to take them at the same time everyday though so I had to think...do I really want to be taking these pills when I'm working? Logic won and I waited. But!, I have officially taken my first dose this morning. When I get home, I'm going to take a picture of myself and start my picture journal. I'm going to take one picture a week. ::Crosses fingers for lots of changes::

I'm a pharmacy parking lot girl, except for the E patch. I don't often expose my buttocks in a car, tho' I was sorely tempted. Now comes the waiting. Change comes so slowly that looking in the mirror everyday shows no progress, then one day you look down in the shower and say OMG, I've got boobs! Luckily, the mental changes start quickly.

Wonderful, So happy for you, Hugs Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I look forward to seeing how you blossom as a woman and a person. Congratulations.

Congratulations on finally getting the support you wanted. Was your birthday the 16th? if so we share the same birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Congratulations on finally getting the support you wanted. Was your birthday the 16th? if so we share the same birthday.
    It is the 16th thats awesome! Well happy birthday to both of us!

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you.

And a belated happy birthday!