Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interpreting a compliment

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Sometimes I get complements from people that know I am a guy, i.e. people I have handed my male ID to. And sometimes I get complements from people that don't know I am a guy, i.e. people who have walked up behind me.

What I have noticed is it doesn't matter how I am dressed, people are far nicer than I ever gave them credit for prior to getting out and about.

I don't care why they are complementing me, I just love it whatever the reason.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Take the complement as she gave it.

One day I was complemented for my outfit by a stranger. And that's me without makeup. It was my choice of clothing and colors she said she was complementing. I smiled brightly and thanked her.

And that complement made my day.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

I agree that you are making too much of this. Accept the compliment.

Shelly

What is it they say about looking gift horses in the mouth? Oh yes: Don't!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Jennifer,
    I have experienced similar and if it is recognition well I accept it as a compliment.
    I have difficulty picking sarcasm out of the comment sometimes and think to myself.....
    Drat! Too slow!

With the disarming comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I receive a compliment I have to question the persons eyesight because I feel that I rarely pass.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

she's tell you honest compliment so don't thinking a lot for it I believe your look so lovely

Perhaps it's a generational thing--I have heard older ladies compliment GGs in this manner---no need to read that much into it. Chalk it up as a nice compliment.

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Compliments are delightful whether I'm giving them or receiving them. I was greatly enfluenced by a couple of terrific encouragers in my life. I attempt to do the same. The results are so amazing.