Thread: Rachel's 2nd time going out

Rachel's 2nd time going out

I went out again last night (to a transgender group) - after umming and arring for most of the morning, decided i was going to do it. Anyway I couldn't find anything to wear (I've got a full wardrobe, and about a dozen pairs of shoes, but you know what it's like making a decision). In the end eventually decided on; a long denim skirt and a pink and blue sheer blouse over a lilac vest top, plus black low platform wedge court shoes (sorry didn't get time to take pics).
    Decided I didn't have much cash so went to go to the local 'hole-in-the-wall' in the afternoon before getting ready. On driving to the 'hole-in-the-wall' in the car I discovered I was almost out of fuel. That was lucky as if it had been later i would have been forced to buy it dressed enfemme. I took that as a good omen.
    Decided to allow about 1 hour to get ready, but started about 30mins early. my make up went right almost first time, only had to re-do part of one eye (I did cheat though no mascara). It was a good job i did because in the end it was a rush and on route later discovered, I hadn't done my nails.

Anyway the time came and I left home dressed except for the the wig and shoes, and covered up with a pair of jeans and a coat. (the walk from my front door to the car is very public and i'm not out to the neighbours). After about 1 mile i pulled over into a lay-bye and completed the change. I then drove the 35 miles to the venue arriving a little early. Note: I wore flats for driving.
    On arrival, I was made very welcome and had a great evening chatting to other Trans Folk (from the whole spectrum). After the meet, I was invited to go for a meal to an italian restaurant on the other side of town, but declined, as my confidence is not quite ready just yet. next time maybe.

Also wore my 'new' forms (individual silicone ones, softleaves size 8), not fixed but in a bra. Very comfy and very pleased with them.

I don't know why but the feeling on getting home, and today, is totally different to my first time out. No elation, just; oh that was good, glad i did it, and just 'normal'.
    So perhaps I have now found what is 'normal' for me.
    Be truthful to yourself.

Sounds like a good experience throughout Rachel... 'Normal' - as normal as it gets.. - has to be good, right?

I'm pleased to hear of your positive experiences... how much more positive you are feeling as well really comes across... that's great!

I'm sure you'll get to that Italian soon... and then that will be normal too..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I came out publically at a transgender support group exactly four and a half years a go, and we as a group, we ended up drinking in a pub near a military base full of army people in uniform, and got nothing but respect and envy. I was a very closeted crossdresser, but that particular night I was like a race horse coming out of the starting gate.
    I feel the support group did everything it meant to do.....which was to nudge us out into the public eye. Now I'm changed. I fee free.

Thanks
    Katey and Nathalie.
    I just feel a lot more comfortable as Rachel when interating with others now.

Have been dressed all afternoon and this evening. Even fell asleep on the sofa just before teatime. I had to get up early because i had to respond to an urgent phone call at 0700 this morning. Luckily it was cancelled while i was still on route.
    Be truthful to yourself.

Sounds like a great outing! And the whole process gets easier and less nerve-wracking as you go. It just feels good and natural.
    I've only had 2 group outings myself and they were fun! To meet other like-minded people, to "make use" of whatever female mannerisms you've learned (great to practice at home but better to use them while out ),to talks and discussions (from shoes, outfits to even discussing car repair in my last meeting ) and it's fun to get out to the after-meetings too..although mine were to a LGBT bar with the group instead of a restaurant.
    I just wish I could get to meetings with my local group..dang night shift work timing. Mine have been literally across the state...
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, Glad that you had a wonderful time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations Rachel, it sounds like your preparation was stressful but successful, you wanted to find your "normal" and found it, and in the end you had a wonderful time. I don't know how it could get any better.

Best wises
    MsVal

Hi Rachel, Yes, support groups are wonderful and really help to build confidence. I made both my outings si far with that kind of assistance and am so grateful for the help. Later this month I am planning my first " public place " daytime outing, and I never would have had the courage to do so without the group meetings as a starting point. All the best, honey!
    Hugs

Rachel,
    You are getting rid of those first time butterflies.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.