Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those dreaded words that no CDer wants to hear?

Are you kidding? I spend a lot of money on shoes! I want people to notice them, and I absolutely love complements. I would thank the person profusely, and return the complement if I could. I would do the same thing even if I were absolutely certain that the complement was meant sarcastically. Nothing short-circuits sarcasm more than being really, really nice.

The time it actually happened to me, I responded, "Well, thank you." She kept moving and that was all there was to it.

4 Thank her. This happened to me while out with a friend and her husband to dinner last Saturday. My friend complimented my shoes. I thanked her but didnt make any other remarks about them. My gf was with us and didnt want to make a scene....my gf was jealous that i didnt get her a matching pair because she liked them as much as i did...at least i bought her dinner Another fun night out as Ginger.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Yeah, number 4, for sure... " Thanks, I got them at...."
    Last edited by Kevyn53; 04-14-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Silver Member
    Depends on the situation - who what where when.

If I were at a CDer party - 4

If it was my boss - 1, 2 and 6