Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those dreaded words that no CDer wants to hear?

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    #4 or 5

I smiled brightly and said to her...

"Thank you."

I think were my words as I hear the woman compliment my outfit and choice of colors. I did say something else but I don't remember what it was.

Added: And I did enjoy hearing the compliment.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 04-13-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added:
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

It has happened to me more than a few times. (Hey, I wear nice shoes, and other people notice!) I always react with #4 or #5, and often wind up in a nice conversation afterwards.

- Diane

Definitely use number eight..

If she deserves it I would engage her in conversation and sarcastically embarrass the hell out of her.

Otherwise she may be someone I would hit on and then I would take her home to bed and give her a sound education in what a CD'er is capable of.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

for me it would be 4 or 5 or something in between
    Mistyjo

I think my react will be 4 or 5

Those are not dreaded words at all.

I love it when I get complimented on my shoes or anything else. I will always take the comment in the spirit which it was given. The vast majority are genuine and sincere and deserve interaction where possible.

Some of the best conversations can start with a lovely comment.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

How about "give off a glow as bright as the sun!"
    I've had my ears pierced for about a year now. Every now and then I'll be in the bank or a fast food place and a young lady will tell me she loves my earrings. I love hearing something like that.
    Stephanie

I am going with 4 , a situation like this was nerve racking when I first started going out. I I grew to enjoy interactions like that. What I dreaded ( but also enjoyed on some level ) was the young male voice that said " damn baby nice ass" that seemed to originate from the pack of high school aged guys hanging around out side Spencer's or the food court ;Happened to me twice , it made me feel good and scared the crap out of me at the same time! I learned not to go to the mall when schools were on vacation. But now that I not able to dress hardly at all I would welcome either experience lol

#4 immediately. I'd tell her what brand, where I got them and how much I paid. All that time I'd be scoping her out so that I could find something I loved that she was wearing and return the favor.

Actually something similar happened to me already.
    We were walking through a mall and a lady came up to me and asked if I had crocheted the overlay I was wearing. I told her no, that I wish I had that talent and then told her where I got it and thanked her for the compliment.
    She thanked me for the information and we went on shopping.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Out of all the choices, it would be #4 for me which I have done more then once. To me, some of the others just seem like a way to draw more unwanted attention to you therefore making it more likely to out yourself in front of lots of people instead of just one or those that are in earshot.

8) Pretend it is ninja attack by Peter Sellers and start laughing. Probably say thanks my options are very limited, I have very narrow feet,which is actually true.
    Last edited by ossian; 04-14-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot number

A couple years ago I was informed there is only one correct response "Thank you,"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The only compliments I get, excluding my friends who are being nice, are about my nails. Surprisingly I get a lot of those. My response is always the same. I bust out in a big stupid grin and say thank you. Sometimes a small chat develops because of them but not often.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Banned Read only
    It's good to see that some here can recognize a glass as half full rather than half empty.

My designer shoes are my trademark, and I frequently get compliments on them from gg's. I always give a big smile and say "thank you so much". If I am asked about them then I will give more info.

Jodi

A modified #4... AS I sell Avon, I wear a lot of their stuff and often. (Yes, I also have a lot of stuff that isn't)
    If I am wearing Avon shoes (or dress or whatever at the time) I'm all Thanks, They're Avon! Do you have a Avon Lady? No? Well you do now!
    IF they're not Avon -> Oh thanks! I wish I could say they're out of my Avon books, but I'm cheating today.. Do you have an Avon Lady?

Silver Member
    "Dreaded words"? Are you kidding? I love starting a conversation that way, so I guess I'm a #5 on your list. As someone else said, its a normal part of a woman's day, so bring it on.

Banned Read only
    I'm assuming the voice you mean is the nearest and dearest, I would try and get away with 5 !
    If another voice is allowed then I go with 8 because the SA said that when I tried the shoes on !

My reponse to this would be "thank you".
    Hugs, Carole

I always take a compliment and return a Thank you. I work with hundreds of GGs and get complimented often and always find it delightful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Junior Member Princess_pantyboy's Avatar
    #4 for sure Hun all about a thank you with a lil smile too.

Hug
    Princess

Yep, #4 & #5.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I always use #4. It's great to get compliments. Especially from well dressed GGs! If you go out any amount you've got to be ready to interact with others. I prefer to pass or blend but as long as people see me as attractively presenting I don't care.
    Sally

I would go with 4 or 5. A compliment is always nice to receive. For me, I would she already knows, so what the heck, be nice

I would like to think that I'd be graceful enough to go with 4 but I have a feeling 1 would take over.
    Kristen
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."