Thread: Introducing myself for the first time on this forum

Introducing myself for the first time on this forum

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. Ive seen it, but ive never actually posted here before. I've known of this site for quite a while and have been a member for a long time. I originally started off because i was a CD'er. My gender issues started when i was 11 years old. It was something i never planned. At first i was confused because i didnt know if it was the clothes that attracted me or the actual fact of being a girl. So during my teens, it was a hard time in my life where i tried to find myself. I found this site, and it helped me a great deal to become a better Cd'er.

Somehow that wasnt enough. Just making the illusion and pretending to have what girls have wasnt enough anymore. It wasnt making me happy. I wanted to have what girls had and not simply make the illusion. I wanted to be a girl. As fate would have it, I met the most important person in my life. My wife of 11 years. At first i was scared of telling her. I didnt know how she would react and i kept thinking nothing but negative things of what would happen when she found out. I also decided that i didnt want to live a lie and make her nor me unhappy. So i told her the truth. She supported me in every way possible. Shes been there for me through thick and thin. Ive been on hormones for 2 years now.

The doctor tested my hormones before i began. I always had a fight with weight my entire male life. I got all the way up to 270lbs. After the doctor tested my hormones, he found out I had high testosterone levels. Since ive began taking hormones, ive lost over 86lbs. My hips grew to a size 41. Im a 38B nearly C (my boobs keep popping out) and have a size 29 waist. Im 5'11 as well. Ive been happily married to the same girl for 11 years, and after my last physical the doctor couldnt be happier. Even my cholesterol is great. I believe that deciding to transition, being truthful with my wife and accepting myself for who i am changed my life for the better. I have great friends that support me, and my wife is happy because she's got the best friend shes always wanted.

Heck! i even have all my id properly changed

It says Female now.

thanks all for reading, nice meeting you.

jade

Hi Jade!

Wow! You've had a very interesting few years there! Look forward to reading more about your experiences.

Hugs.
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You and your wife both sound amazing

A great post. My story is quite similar. It may be none of my business, but I would love to hear how the dynamics of marriage changed with transition. I'm still married, but we live as best friends, and room mates. It took a long time for her to realize that she can be in a same sex marriage, without being lesbian (wrap your head around that one). Thanks, married transwomen are a rarety, and our stories are important.

See when i told my wife i didnt just DROP it on her. Here it is babe, take it or leave it. I eased her into it. I slowly told her experiences about my childhood and teen years. She got curious and wanted to know more, wanted to Understand more. So the more she wanted to know, the more and more i opened up to her. I did it Gradually however, i didnt just dump it on her. When she saw i was getting more and more miserable as a guy because of my apperance, the doctor told me about the dynamics of testosterone, including one called DHT or Dehydrotestosterone, which add weight especially around the belly area on a guy. it was then and there i came clean to my doctor, he began blood tests and at the same time i told my wife fully. Marriage hasnt changed for me. We are both Happy and thats the main thing. We were committed to each other for this long. We sat down and talked, she made me understand that she had needs and so did I. She also told me that she saw how much my moods had changed, for the better. My wife and i do everything together, shopping, going out with friends. We've even checked out male strip shows for crying outloud lol

We also decided to experiment. Not sure how much im allowed to post or describe here without getting in trouble. If you are interested you can mail me. Sufficient to say, our love life is great, our marriage is strong and im extremely happy.

xoxoxo
    jade

Hi, and welcome. The most important thing you could have done is to be honest with yourself. Once you "own" you as you, the majority of others will see you as the person you are as well.

Bobbi