Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just for fun and not to debate what number are you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just for fun and not to debate what number are you?

Ranges Of Behavior:

Within the TV/TS Community, there is a wide range of behavior. Doctor Harry Benjamin (as a pioneer in gender related problems in the early 1960's) designed a scale of behavior as a guide to treatment for the TV and TS. Its six positions represent the dressing and emotional preferences of his patients.

(0) Is the so called "straight" person who has no interest in becoming an actual crossdresser.

(1) Represents the person who is thinking of becoming a crossdresser or may have been one. There is no actual crossdressing, but the person is inclined in that direction.

(2) Is considered to be a "fetishist" who may wear an item or two of clothing from the opposite sex as a means of sexual arousal.

(3) Is considered by Doctor Benjamin to be the "true transvestite." However, there seem to be four distinct variations within that category.

(3A) Is the situational crossdresser who does not really get involved in cross-gender behavior of any type except for an occasion where he is required to wear clothing of the opposite sex for some specific reason. He does not have a compulsion to crossdress.

(3B) Is the partial transvestite. He has gone beyond the realm of fetishism but does not completely crossdress. This person does not generally appear in public as a crossdresser.

(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

(4) Is considered to be the "low-intensity or occasional transsexual." This person has an intermittent strong desire, or a constant low desire for gender reassignment surgery.

(5) Is considered to be the "moderate intensity transsexual."

(6) Is the "high intensity transsexual" who desperately seeks gender reassignment surgery. He may be suicidal if prospects for reassignment therapy do not appear promising.

(7) Has been added beyond Doctor Benjamin's scale to represent the post-operative transsexual who has completed gender reassignment surgery and is living as a member of the opposite sex. Many male to female transsexuals refer to themselves as "New Women" or "New Men."

I am 3-a
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Aspiring Member
    My H would be between 3B and 3C - he occasionally dresses completely but never in public.

Me, I'm boring old 0

I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm a 3A-3C. Haven't dressed publicly yet, but I'd really love to so... Maybe I will do it this year, who knows.

OK - just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    Between a 3b and 3c if that's possible
    Not just possible but you have me snuggled up beside you... a 3c minus the public part (unless you count the virtual forum public here..? no? OK..)

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    Nope. I don't fit on this scale at all. :/
    MM - categories are not for you.. If most of us can force-fit ourselves into one of these silly boxes, yours would be a very multidimensional space indeed... I envy you your diversity, am fascinated by your complexity, but am more than happy with my own simplicity..

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    A 3C, I do appear in the general public but only when there is a trans event or group get-together. I don't need to dress everyday and don't really want to do everyday mundane things as a woman.
    Vickie - that would be my ambition - probably to go out to a closed event first or a group... but I'm completely with you on the latter.. life is so much quicker, although less attractive, as a male...

I do look forward to the time when we'll all have our own unique designator - CD/TV catII 3c (c/w wig+) TG<min> & chocolate sprinkles - tattooed as a bar code on our wrists... that'll make it easier for us all to be rounded up come the glorious day...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.
    Ha, good point Steffi! I think I'm a 'wanna be' Tom boy. I always did prefer boys toys and games to boring girl stuff, and boys always made life look so much easier. I rocked the girl clothing though and don't have a masculine body type, so maybe I'm a 0.5

Nope. I don't fit on this scale at all. :/
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

easy peasy...3D
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Okay I will bite.

3D - except for dressing as often as possible. I generally only dress 2-4 times per month but I could do it mich more often if I wanted to.

Between 1 and 2. Might go further, might not?

I'm a 3D with a dash of 4

3D with glasses!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I'm between 3c and 3d

Bria

3B with Ambitions of making it to 3D.

3d with a touch of 4

Between a 3b and 3c if that's possible

Aspiring Member
    A 3A.

Dress up for costume parties as a woman or female character occasionally.
    Last edited by Martha G; 04-14-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Gone to live my life
    I would land squarely in 3D. However, perhaps the question to ask is given the right set of life circumstances (i.e., time, understanding SO, ability to dress, looks, confidence, opportunity) where would you fall? I think a lot of gals are answering based on current constraints (e.g., DADT relationships) . . . so take the constraints off and have another go?

For me it would still be 3D as I have no desire to transition beyond the 3.

Hugs

Isha

I would have to say 3C moving forward to 3D.

I'd say 3D... (2D would leave me flat ) *rimshot*.

Thank yew...will be here all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waiters...

But I can't say entirely that there hasn't been some wonder at HRT or such..dunno about the jump to surgery. (Seems to be a bit gapped list-wise...
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I'm just short of a 3D. The "often as possible" part is a really vague term. I don't feel then need to dress "as Often as possible." It's more of a urge that builds up and I feel softer when dolled up.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'm going to crawl out on a nice narrow (pink) limb here and suggest there's
    some stuff missing and/or arranged incorrectly.

If i were being "classified"...according to this...it would be wrong.

(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

Definitely a 2, however find that 3b is becoming more prevalent especially in the last year. Dr. Harry Benjamin's scale has been on my mind lately and your posting is very timely. Thanks for the input.

Banned Read only
    The close that could fit on is between 1 and 0. 1 for being open to it, due to having more variety. I was curious when dressing at one point from boredem of the other side. Accepted recently that I can't get in to it, because it's mostly not convenient. Don't know my own sexuality, from the 0 bit.
    Last edited by Lygophilia; 04-14-2014 at 11:50 PM.