Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDs And the Military

I am currently still active duty! ! I joined in 2002 and must say my story is like many others. Dressing while underway or deployed has definitely been difficult, but I would always find ways to make it through. Underway is probably some of the most difficult times, I would find little things to help get me through. From wearing women's deodorant to panties and a sport bra at night in my rack, and having that one hidden outfit for port calls. I am very fortunate to have an understanding wife who I could talk to while underway which helped as well. We have never lived in base so that has also been a plus. But now I am stationed at a unit that requires me to be in a 2 hour recall status 24/7, 365 days a year. This had brought on a whole new set of challenges, there is nothing more nerve racking than being all dressed up as Ash and getting that call, "need you on a plane half way around the world in 2 hours". Now let me tell you undressing, removing nail polish, make up, perfume, etc.. is a lot to do in a very short time! Getting in a plane wondering if I removed all my eye liner and mascara. But, yet again we make it work!

I am proud to serve my country, and I love my job. Yes, being a crossdressers has had its challenges while serving, from explaining shaved legs and toe polish residue in a community shower/locker room to passing on great opportunities just to have another day as Ash.

Well that's my story so far,

~Ash

Thumbs up

Hi Ashley,

Your comment regarding having to change quickly reminded me of the time I was called in my cabin, dressed of course, with the dreaded words "fire in the engine room"! Skit, blouse and pantyhose went flying as I frantically changed to get to the bridge. I never bring cosmetics when I'm on contract for just this reason. I did make sure I threw everything in a drawer before flying out of the cabin and up to the bridge. I didn't need the room steward finding anything unusual lying around.

Luckily it was a false alarm.

Thanks for all your responses.
    Things seem to have changed for the better since I was serving, I only knew of one CDer during my time and that only came to light when he took his own life.
    I suppose I was lucky in some ways that because I joined so young I didn't really understand why I felt the things I did. I was 19 before I discovered the word transvestite and it's meaning, suddenly I thought S#~T that's me! there must be others out there ( remember this was pre internet)
    At this time all the accommodation was communal, usually 12 to a room, so it all had to stay locked away in my head. Maybe that's why I still find it difficult to talk about it even to my wife, who know and is supportive.
    Please accept my apologies for rambling on, maybe I an making up for lost time, It feels good to be able to talk!
    Thanks.

I did a hitch in the US Navy from 1963 to '67. Back then it would have been certain court martial for anyone caught wearing a dress, or most anything feminine for that matter. Some of the sailors aboard my ship (myself included), kept panties in their lockers as bragging rights or souveniers of sexual conquests. I, however had a different reason for keeping panties and would occasionally wear them under my uniform. Fortunately I was never caught and none of my shipmates knew of my ulterior motives.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    Can you underdress in a Yowie suit??? (Ghillie suit for you NATO allies!!) Eugh!!! Sweaty sports bra and trying to crap into a plastic bag whilst wearing a g-string... I think not.... No hope of a 2 mil, cold zero hit.
    LOL! Now that's a funny thought.

Great stories here all around and I'd love to read more of them. (Civvie here, thought about joining the navy when I was 17 and I didn't... I should have at least tried. Pretty much the biggest regret of my life).

Thanks for your service to all of you! Even if I'm not from your country, I still admire what you all do.

Many of us who were transgender, homosexual, psychic, or otherwise "unfit" for military duty were often approached for more "interesting" ways to serve. The CIA loved that we had the ability to live secretly and keep secrets. Many LGBT people were used in intelligence, especially encryption, top secret weapons, spy operations, and even things like remote viewing and MKUltra.

LGBT people were so good at keeping these secrets that many were never revealed, many were revealed in ways that made everyone assume it was fiction or crackpots, and the real people involved were often nearly impossible to identify.

I found out when I was 15 years old that the government had "A File" on me. It was so highly classified that a teacher almost got fired for telling me that such a file existed - even though he didn't tell me what was in it. I had at least 3 interactions with federal agents, that I know of. I also knew that others were being monitored as well.

With any luck, you will assume that I'm making all this stuff up :-D
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success