Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For ALL of you who go out "dressed"...

Banned Read only

For ALL of you who go out "dressed"...

"Dressed", as in wearing anything at all on the outside that might get you "busted". [Being underdressed - no matter to what extent - does not count here]

Also, FEmale jeans DO NOT count, unless they are covered in sequins, rivets or have hand sized or bigger, butterflies, rainbows, flowers etc., on the rear end or elsewhere.

How many of you have ever attended a LGBT/LGBT "friendly" place? Bar, restaurant, event etc.?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Nope, not once, ever.

Ok so what r u asking. Yes I go out dress just about aver day and even work out dress in womans workout outfits and love them .
    Yes I have been out to lgbt clubs as cind and as him . Back in the 84 had a lot of g&l friends that only went out to them. Dam i Miss being young

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    If you are asking about establishments that specifically targets LGBTs ... never. I do frequent very many places dressed that are friendly to me and therefore friendly to LGBTs.

Platinum Member
    All of the above and many more places not necessarily presumed friendly.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I prefer my hip hugging low waist girlie jeans without sequins, embroidery or otherwise.

Countless numerous posts at this forum are about going to 'friendly' places...resturaunts, clubs, meetings etc.

So what is your point here?
    "Missed it by that much!"

Gone to live my life
    WAH,

I am not 100 percent sure what you are asking? However if you ask about going out dressed that might get me busted and by busted I guess you mean "read" . . . every time I go out I get "read / busted" regardless of what I am wearing. I dress like I see other GGs dressed (jeans, boots, coat, scarf) I still get read. If I were to go out dressed as Pippy Longstocking or Little Bo Peep "en femme" I would get read as well . . . just quicker.

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    we are all "READ" in one way or another...its only those will balls ( neatly tucked of coarse) & confidence that go out. Its not that big of a deal ESPECIALLY to a LGBT place ....

Yes, I have gone out dressed, both "fully" done and partially (guy wearing one or more women's items that is visible).
    Yes, when I first went out, I went to LGBT bars/clubs
    Yes, I have gone to "mainstream" places dressed - restaurants, stores, gas station.

Not sure what the question in the OP really is though?
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

I go to my local LGBT resort club all the time dressed to the nines of course.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Although I have not attended any LGBT places I do go out to other places. I do get read but am often complimented on my attire. My local thrift store is a favorite of mine just because I am accepted there. There are other places that have been lets say less than supportive of my (our) hobby and they don't get my money any more.

Banned Read only
    First place I ever went out dressed alone was an Irish pub in Tulsa. I apparently passed, as I'm still alive to tell the tale... I've also gone to little dive bars in rural Oklahoma while dressed. These are the opposite of LGBT friendly places. I had dinner in both of them.

Once I'd done that, no place in the city of Dallas remotely worried me when I started living fulltime.

I'm not sure what the question was either. I was presenting fully female on all these excursions as I basically don't give a damn what other people say.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Do YOU actually READ the stuff YOU'RE asking us about our excursions into the RW?

SORRY, but I seriously doubt it!

I go out "dressed" and I have attended LGBT-friendly places, or 'gay bars' as some people like to call them, on several occasions. However, I have never visited a gay bar en femme, so there's that.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    However, I have never visited a gay bar en femme, so there's that.
    Interesting, I've never visited a gay or lesbian bar in drab. I was pretty uptight about stuff like that as a dude.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    I have not made a point of going out to a LGBT friendly place or event, although I have considered it. I may have gone to one and not known it, but I don't think so. I do have friends, some LGB, that I have socialized with in the real world, not the internet, while I was dressed. These were generally private gathering, in and outside. Non were "T" that I know of or dressed as such.

I'm a fairly private and independent person.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Interesting, I've never visited a gay or lesbian bar in drab. I was pretty uptight about stuff like that as a dude.
    Well, I actually found out that a lot of guys visit gay bars Anyway, if you live in Amsterdam, you don't have to go out of your way to find one to say the least. Good places to start (or end) with a bunch of straight and gay guys.

I have never been to a place that was actually labeled as a LGBT friendly place in male or female mode. I have been to places dressed appearing as female and was treated as I was presenting. The most "dressed" I have been while shopping is wearing a white cotton floral strapless dress w/white 3/4" shrug and 4-1/2" wedges. I went to a salon and a local mall and nothing bad happened. I do have a LBD that I would love to wear to any event that calls for one but there is usually nothing where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    "Dressed", as in wearing anything at all on the outside that might get you "busted". [Being underdressed - no matter to what extent - does not count here]

Also, FEmale jeans DO NOT count, unless they are covered in sequins, rivets or have hand sized or bigger, butterflies, rainbows, flowers etc., on the rear end or elsewhere.

How many of you have ever attended a LGBT/LGBT "friendly" place? Bar, restaurant, event etc.?
    Why do I always feel like I am answering questions for a ollege Psych class or a survey taker knocking on my door when I see your posts?

Banned Read only
    For those that do not understand the question...

TRUE or FALSE?

Many folks here in HUNDREDS of posts say their first excursions and/or all of their excursions are/were to LGBT "friendly" places. [Nothing at all wrong with that. Why would there be?] Makes perfect sense.

Now if you can answer true, that does not mean all CDers [however they are dressed] who go out into the RW, have been to "those" places.

IF you have been/go to "those places" you had to do some research to know WHICH ones were "friendly". Or you see signs or ads proclaiming such all the time. OR , maybe you hear people talking at work. Maybe you even entered one w/o knowing? And quickly saw or or heard something...

Forget about how you were dressed, if that confuses. It does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

I do not care WHY anyone went.

I just want to know who has actual EXPERIENCE in/at one even just one time.

I would particularly be interested in folks who have been many times. [for any reason]

I need opinions on something and you folks would be EXPERTS on it, at least compared to the general public. [me]

Also, I am unclear as to why some would take the time to respond to this post if you can't contribute anything? Seems like that would set a bad example for the newbies? Do we really need that? There are hundreds of Qs out there for people to post to.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 04-15-2014 at 08:18 PM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes, I have enjoyed countless expeditions to LGBT* based places, to LGBT* based events, and to known exceptionally LGBT* friendly businesses in my various modes of crossdressing.

Yes. I've been to a couple of LGBT bars/restaurants. I've also been to numerous non-LGBT bars and restaurants, often with a group, and sometimes with a couple of friends. I've also been to numerous retail establishments (e.g., MAC, Ulta, Dress Barn, Charming Charlies, the whole mall, Nordstrom Rack, thrift stores, and numerous others, typically alone, but once or twice in a group.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-15-2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I go out often. I generally do not dress unless I have plans to go out.

First place I went to was a transgender bar. I went because "everyone" goes there dressed and did not think anyone would even notice or care about me in particular. I found this true and developed some comfort level after some time. However, I gave up on this place because many of the ladies were pros there and the men were there to see them. People treated me with respect, but I found the interactions phony, and got bored.

Next I went to a well known gay club. I had visited it before. This club has good DJs and electronic music and draws a mixed crowd. From earlier visits I thought the staff and customers would tolerate anyone, whether a cross dresser, gay man with no shirt and silver shorts, or a boring guy in jeans. My visit dressed have found this to be true. After visiting many times the staff has gotten to know me and greet me warmly when I arrive. I have met all kinds of people there, from other girls, young women out for a party. Many times when I am alone, people will ask me to join their group.

Next I started going to other clubs, without previous visits. I look for a gay or alternative club. If they have a drag show night, then that is a good sign and I will probably go even if it is not that night. For alternative, I recently found a club that is into Goth/ Industrial Music/ BDSM. It is actually nice and tastefully done. As I suspected I was welcomed. I have not had a truly negative episode yet, some strange episodes and some occasional unwanted attention, but nothing bad or scary. I have done everything from drinks and dancing, to sitting at a bar and having a political discussion with a guy who did not seem to notice or care how I was dressed.

I usually will not go to straight clubs filled with 20 somethings, surburban bars like the chain restaurants, or neighborhood bars. I might be wrong, but I don't trust the reception I will receive there.

The last type of outing for me was broad daylight to stores and such. The reason for this is that I have gotten very confident in my look at night. I think at night I am passable at a distance, meaning that if you see me across the street or are not paying attention, I will pass. Of course if you are sitting talking to me I will not pass. During the day it is different. All the makeup needed to pull off the look does not look appropriate and I am not yet happy with my day time casual look. Still, it is a work in progress and I continue to go out. In these adventures I have not had a real negative experience yet. The worst was at one mall, a girl in a kiosk gave me some unwanted attention.

Well, I've been "Ma'amed" in male mode so I suppose I've been dressed in enough sorta-femme stuff to get "busted."

I've been to LGBT-friendly places in both modes. Around here, many LGBT-friendly places also cater to the the mainstream so most everyone has patronized several of them whether they know it or not. In fact, it's rather difficult for an establishment to not be LGBT-friendly unless you're talking about a biker bar or something.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

[QUOTE=Wildaboutheels;3489511]"Dressed", as in wearing anything at all on the outside that might get you "busted". [Being underdressed - no matter to what extent - does not count here]

I have a question. Where in the world are you shopping ?