Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For ALL of you who go out "dressed"...

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I've attended CD bars, clubs, banquets, First Event in Boston and PTown events over the last 35 years. I have also shopped and dined en femme. In all that time I only wore ladies jeans once. After all, what's the fun in that? There is definitely a feeling of security when you go to a place where it does not matter if you are read or not. However, it's great when you go in straight public and can roam en femme without being read. That's not important to eveyone but I really enjoy it. Plus, that's where all the good shopping is.

Many, many times. Not a big deal.

I have been to couple restaurants without incident. I went to a gay bar and the had a drag show going on, it was a lot of fun!
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by JazT95 View Post
    I've only ever been out fully dressed a few times. And even then it was under the cover of darkness and around a quiet area of town. Now, I'd love to visit some LGBT places, but I kinda live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, so no such places exist for a good 20 miles. Maybe if I go to Birmingham next year, it's something I'd get into. x
    Do I ever know what you are saying. I actually was out ONCE during the day. Went to a get-together of cross dressers at a private home. But that was when I lived in a more urban area and in California instead of Oregon. And I sure don't know of any such places around here. Not even within 100 miles. Maybe I'll take a trip to the Portland area and see what I can find up there.

Living in central Texas, almost all the girls wear jeans around here and not a whole lot of bling. My goal is always to blend in and not bring attention to me but rather just be out there alone and enjoying the evening as Janet. My jeans are stretch jeans and my top is always conservative. Oh, and I wear fake glasses to draw attention away from other parts.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    The LGBT places do not have a sign that says "LGBT friendly" but some have an item such as a flag or a logo with the rainbow colors.

I go OUT enfemme a lot. To the mall, restaurants, big box stores, resale stores, Shoe Carnival, the local grocery/super store (Meijer, like a Walmart but much nicer, and often cheaper). So I go everywhere that the general public frequents.

There are a few LGBT friendly places in Grand Rapids, MI. But they are also frequented by what might be heterosexual people too. You see these places accept everyone, judge no one, and the staff are friendly and accommodating. Well really most everywhere in Grand Rapids the staff are friendly and accommodating. Rumors Nightclub for loud music and dancing, The Apartment Lounge for quiet music and talk. I have frequently been to both.

I guess that answers your question.

Unrelated to your question:
    So I really don't care what the place's focus happens to be. If the patrons are nice, the place is clean, the bartenders and staff are friendly and accommodating, it is a place I will go. If there just happens to be a couple of guys dancing together, so what.

So yes I do go to the local LGBT friendly places, and also to the places that are frequented by everyone. But hey, the LGBT places are frequented by everyone too. I guess I choose to enjoy the clientele regardless of their sexual orientation.

Banned Read only
    Been out to events and general shopping. Both are fun.

Not quite sure what your asking sweety, but No never been to a LGBT never.... Lol yea right , yea i been to a few in my time and as a guy that is always in girls clothes i always walked into LGBT friendy and gay bars looking very very girly but gay bars i always looked super girly like wearing very tight denim short shorts, over knee socks and my fave tinkerbell tshirt, my long hair tied up looking slighly messy and a load of pink bangles on my wrists oh and always wore my bright pink suede 5" wedge shoes lol i always attracted attention and i was never short of free drinks lol good days, the guys thought i looked cute and unique, i guess there is something about a gay guy dressed as a girly girl always had good nights out.

Havent been to a gay bar for a while now as i have no reason too i rather have cosy nights in with my bf or going out some where nice, gay bars are cool but you cant go to them with out being pulled lol, made a lot of good friends in them though

Lol not all bars we walked in were quite so excepting lol i been chucked out and punched and called names, but thats fair play not everyone likes it
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-08-2014 at 06:43 PM.

"I've been to LGBT-friendly places in both modes."

Me too. Never a problem.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I go out to both LGBT-friendly places and "ordinary" places (supermarkets, drugstores, Walmart). I don't generally see any problems...maybe one or two times I thought someone might be laughing, but I couldn't be sure, and, if they are, what of it? Certainly no one's actually confronted me or anything, and I get treated like any other female customer. Even people begging for money in parking lots properly gender me ("Excuse me, Miss, do you have any change?").

Of course, my favorite venue is the Black Crown, which is LGBT-friendly but doesn't exclusively cater to that clientele. As Julie found out when I took her there, even the cisgender heterosexual customers there are likely to treat us as what we present as. The staff, of course, is invariably nice to us and treats us as ladies.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

^.^

I have not yet. The plan is to attend SPECTRUM meetings
    once school starts again at the University of Wyoming, These
    meetings are open to the community.

Amy M. Jackson

I recently went to a restaurant as my very first true foray. I don't know if it was a specifically an LGBT friendly place, but I was well received.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Just last night I was a "regular bar" wearing a black dress and sang karaoke, most people don't give a...hoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Do YOU actually READ the stuff YOU'RE asking us about our excursions into the RW?

SORRY, but I seriously doubt it!
    I agree completely. They ask a lot of questions. Mosh poll type and rarely if ever get back and say anything. I personal think they are do research for some college course.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I will explain the reason why I'm curious to know in an upcoming post.

And how long should we expect to wait for the Oracle to give forth....? Hmmmmm.....?

Or have I missed the grand denouement somewhere else amongst these hallowed fora....?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I think I could provide a better answer if I knew what you are looking for, and why. But here goes anyway:
    After years of dressing in private, I felt the tug to go out. So I did, and then felt to tug to go IN. I went into a few shops, but I wanted to go to a bar or club. The problem was that I'm an over-the-top dresser, and my preferred look (Obvious Transvestite) doesn't pass. My choices were to tone it down to go out, which I found unfulfilling, or glam it up and stay home, which didn't satisfy my urge to have a social experience, not just a shopping experience. While in Daytona Beach on vacation (alone), I found a tg-friendly club online which had drag queen/drag king nights. I went there in the afternoon to check it out and asked the bartender if it was OK to come back en femme. Yes. So I did. I didn't mind being seen as a crossdresser, so I glammed myself up in my highest heels, glittery jewelery, heavy makeup, monster eyelashes, and deep red lipstick and nails. Had some good chats, got hit on once (politely declined), and had no problems. Went back three more times the next year. For sure, very near the top highlight of my CDing life. When I went back for the third year, the club had closed. Good while it lasted.

Banned Read only
    In my answer I will not count the times I've gone out dressed at Halloween. Halloween is a blank check to do whatever one's heart desires.

I do not own one pair of jeans, pants, capris, whatever you may call attire that is not a dress. I only possess and wear dresses. The times I have gone out dressed I've worn a pretty dress, hosiery, heels, wig and makeup. Underneath I always wear a bra, slip, panty and a garter girdle to make sure my thigh high stockings do not fall down. When the weather is cool or rainy I wear a light jacket or borrow my wife's raincoat. As to the footwear, I've ditched the high heels for walks in the evening. I usually wear a flat heel (1"-1 1/2"). I find a flat heel is more comfortable than walking on concrete sidewalks.

I have not frequented an establishment that is friendly to LGBT's. I would love to attend the annual event that occurs in Port Angeles, WA every year, Esprit Gala. . I feel that would be less intimating and I would not have to worry about unwanted advances. I have gone into stores en femme on Halloween and enjoyed the experience.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I have never been to an LGBT-friendly establishment. I don't go to bars. I'm by myself, so I can't really drink, because I have to drive back. NO DRUNK DRIVING!

Majella, that must have taken lots of courage to go out like that! I couldn't do that, unless I was en femme, of course.
    Charlotte

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I will wear pantyhose without socks, so far no one has ever said anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I enjoy walking in pantyhose and heels so I go to places where I walk a lot. That leads me to the shopping mall or the gay district downtown.

During these excursions, I've been outed a few times. Mostly by men snickering at me or giving that WTF look. After awhile, I just didn't care what they thought and keep on walking....walking isn't the word....I keep on sashaying in my heels.
    Carmen

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    I go into public places nearly every time I dress. I make sure that I'm wearing clothing that the other women there have on. And that's my goal: blend in well enough to be one of the girls. I've never gone to a club or a bar dressed, so I've never tried to dress myself to attract anyone.
    It's a gazillion times easier to pass that way as most people are polite.

Near a GBLT-friendly club it's just about impossible to pass. I know gg's who have been "read" because everyone assumes you are in a new wrapper.
    Last edited by Lexi_83; 06-18-2014 at 11:41 AM.

I have been to LGBT places dozens of times and I have also been out shopping in malls and many department stores. Obviously I get read when I talk. I do get outed easier when I wear a dress or a skirt. I get outed in a good way from many GGs and they tell me they love an outfit than I'm wearing. I do get uncomfortable in places where there's a lot of men and I tend to stay away from those places when I go out dressed.

The best way to go out in public dressed like the mall or any clothing store is to look as attractive as possible, but conservative not ****ty and when you get outed it will be in a good way. I have noticed that most GGs admire CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Thanks to everyone who posted here. It appears as though many LGBT "friendly" places may not actually advertise anywhere except possibly word of mouth? Could that be extrapolated to... many of these places could easily have a large percentage of "normal" folks also eating/mingling/drinking/yakking etc. on any given night?

I will explain the reason why I'm curious to know in an upcoming post.
    Most bars don't really advertise...Just go on yelp and type in "gay bars". That should do the trick for anyone unfamiliar with the area their in. I think whether or not there is a large straight crowd just depends on the night and the location. I live in Madison, WI, which is a big college town, so the bars nearer to campus are going to have more straight people, especially straight women. Other locations in less hip parts of town not so much.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I have been to both straight clubs and Gay clubs. When I am dressed the front door leads to the outside world where all of the fun is. I do not worry about where I am going as long as I think about my safety. I will not go to a biker bar or some other rough spots but then no lady would either. The world is full of things to do and I have tried to experience them all.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy Jamz View Post
    Most bars don't really advertise...Just go on yelp and type in "gay bars". That should do the trick for anyone unfamiliar with the area their in. I think whether or not there is a large straight crowd just depends on the night and the location. //
    And some clubs have "theme" nights, Drag King nights, etc.

Most Goths seem pretty TG friendly, especially if you dress in all black and wear black lipstick. It's fun!