Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unaware of being at a LGBT friendly business

As a gay guy my self and a shop owner i have no issues with anyone because each to thier own and who are we to judge, i welcome anyone and my staff are the same, i have to to say in all the years of owning the shop i,ve only ever had one cd in, ive had loads of gay lesbian folks in, its a shame i dont see cds in though or perhaps i have and i cant tell, never the less i make sure everyone is welcome.

On the subject of going into shops, yep ive had a few rude staff serve me in the past, thing is i look gay i stand out a mile i just as well have a tattoo across my forehead lol but ive come across staff that look down thier nose at me or treat me like scum, lol there are 2 times i remember well, one time i got sent out of a mens wear shop because he did not serve my kind and one time this guy served me in burger king years ago and when he gave me the change he touched my hand doing so and i cault him in the corner of my eye him rubbing his hands on his trousers, lol duno what he thought he was going to catch, last i heard you couldnt catch gayness lol so yea ive had my fair share of un gay friendly places but i take it all with a pinch of salt, not everyone is going to be on board with it and i respect that.

I don't think it will happen in my life time but it would be great if people could fully except CDs, gays, lesbians, bisexuals and all that jazz, having a world where you could go out and dress how you want and no matter what you wore no one took a blind bit of notice, I grant you times have changed so much now and things are easier but there are still corners that are very dark and people still determined to bring your world down
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-01-2014 at 07:23 PM.

I'm very happy that times are changing. in the 60's I would call ahead and asked if that accepted cd's. if yes i bought there otherwise I was nowhere in sight. Also back then you could be killed and the police would not even try to solve your murder.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman