Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girly stuff gone in 60 seconds

Ok, let's assume that by some miracle, the police actually find the car, like an above poster said, it will likely be towed to an impound yard...
    You will then be called to come inventory the vehicle to declare if any items are missing. They may inventory it upon discovery just to cover their own asses, but that would be it.... But, they have no way of knowing what contents are yours, and what were left there by the thief, nor can they know what of your property you may have had in there before the theft.
    (Hey! My 1965 Gibson LesPaul is missing!!!)

Could be he stole your clothes, and the car was just a cover .

Seriously, sorry you have to go through this.

Just claim that the clothes belonged to the thief.

Update - Police recovered my car. Stereo gone, dash broken up. And my dress bag gone. But otherwise pretty much same. I am most upset when I think about the items I had in the bag - forms, hip pads, corset, wig, LBD, makeup, fave girly glasses & jewelry...ugh! That was an unwanted purge. I still wonder what the thieves will do with the stuff.
    Thanks for all the responses. Some good laughs along the way. Especially like the one about the 6 foot breastless GF and the "emergency crossdressing kit"

It is possible the thieves will look at it, find no credit cards nor other marketable stuff, and toss it. If you know where the car was found you might check the dumpsters for a block or so around it, unless they stole the stuff elsewhere and just dumped the car where it was found.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Wendy, please don't stress yourself.
    The police, particularly in CA, haven't got that many resources these days to worry about something like crossdressing and might find themselves on the street if they did; plus you will have their sympathy as a victim.
    You will have to file an immediate police report in order to collect any insurance. You can report contents, but keep it simple; reply with the "bag with personal items" only if you are asked. Volunteering info is a bad idea with police or any official body, but dishonesty is a worse one. They believe it undermines their authority (true, although I believe they have a bit too much already) and can get defensive about it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Smile Girly stuff gone in 60 seconds

I think a professional Drag Queen, who steals cars part-time, left their stuff in your car. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Monique

You might go to where they found your car and look for any public dumpsters.

The thieves might have ditched your stuff inside one of them, to hide any identifying evidence.

If they were securely bagged maybe there wouldn't be any damage.

Hurry though, before they are covered up or emptied.

Also try nearby resale shops etc.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

"For a costume party, it's just stuff I had left over from Halloween and forgot it was in the trunk..."

Pretty easy excuse to me.
    ~Linebacker Melissa

If the cops ask you about the bag, maybe just tell the truth. Some of them may be cders, too.

I also had my car stolen years ago. Lost 2 skirts 2 tops and a few panties and a bra......can't remember much about the car though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Thinking of it logically, it's your stuff, it isn't illegal, so why would anyone worry about it?

Glad you got your car back. I didn't know that stealing stereos was even something that thieves do these days. Most SoCal car thefts are for collision parts (body parts and air bags) or for export south of the border or offshore.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Glad you have your car back but sorry about the state of it or your bag missing. I can imagine how bad all of this sucks. At least you don't have to explain the bag or contents to anyone and aren't going to be outed which is the most important thing. I am wondering though, do you always keep your "gear" in your car? that seems like a very bad hiding place just for this very reason alone.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Glad you have your car back but sorry about the state of it or your bag missing. I can imagine how bad all of this sucks. At least you don't have to explain the bag or contents to anyone and aren't going to be outed which is the most important thing. I am wondering though, do you always keep your "gear" in your car? that seems like a very bad hiding place just for this very reason alone.
    Hi Joanne,
    I guess I planned to do a little outing of a different kind. Just dress and head out for a night of fun sometime. This was a wake-up call though. It could have been worse I suppose. I could have been all dressed up and come back from a club to find my car stolen with my boy clothes in it!

how well do you know your insurance agent...or maybe a better question, how well do you want to? Since the car was recovered, the missing contents of the car are a legitimate loss, assuming you can document it and want to go there.
    Hugs, Trish

Quote Originally Posted by megan163 View Post
    It could have been worse I suppose. I could have been all dressed up and come back from a club to find my car stolen with my boy clothes in it!
    Your not wrong that's for sure lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!