Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What type of male are you... Alpha... passive... or somewhere in between?

You're our resident 'total alpha' then, Jenny...

Banned Read only
    You know Katey, I think cross dressing is like a -4 on the scale so I still have work to do...;-)

8 or 9 for me depending on the situation.
    Has no effect on me otherwise...just work.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't think I fit on this continuum. I can't lead and I won't follow. I'm a loner and a rebel. Most likely a schizoid personality type.

If we fit neatly into society's boxes we wouldn't be participating on this site.

Balanced

I would rate myself a 5. Not the most aggressive person in the world but will stand up for myself when I have to.

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Took someone 8 hours to spot that... not too many geeks around - Sandra wins the chocolate Easter Bunny!
    It didn't take me nearly that long to spot it: it took me that long to get around to replying. "Will geek for food" and it was time to fill up on the food.

I'm all over the scale. I prefer a quiet life but can do a fair impression of alpha if the situation requires it. My hearts never really in it though, I just know how to push man buttons to make them behave. Girls are a still a complete mystery to me, I find them hard work. Hobby wise I like big, fast, dangerous things and musical theatre...

>Bicameral mode ON<

I'm a big dude who isn't afraid to swish his hips and be girly.

I studied Kung Fu under a Chinese street kid from Chicago (!!) for more than a decade.

I'm a Momma bear who will claw the CRAP out of anyone who even looks sideways at my cubs.

I'm a man in a skirt. Do you have a problem with me? Then *you* have a problem, with *me*.

Do you have something to say about that?

------------------

My wife gives me flowers and I *squee*

She says I'm pretty!

I'm the cook, I'm the decorator. I help her with her outfits.

I kiss it better. I provide the shoulder.

>Bicameral mode OFF<

How do I assign a number to that?

<3

- MultifacetedMooose
    Last edited by mechamoose; 04-18-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I'm about the same however I'm dressed. however maybe I'm more aggressive for a woman or somewhat a passive guy. to sum it up I'm more bold as a guy..more aware as a female.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I do not think there is any correlation in "manliness" and cross dressing.
    I completely agree with this. I'm the epitome of femininity in the physical sense, something I'm born with so hardly my choice, and I've been told I'm also very feminine in other ways (though what this means I have no idea) yet if you asked me to place myself on this scale I'd say a 10!

If you're passive that's your personality type and has nothing to do with presenting like a girl. In fact, I should probably be insulted but I know you all mean well
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 04-18-2014 at 07:56 PM.

I am a 1 to 10, as the situation requires. I am perfectly happy to follow someone else who takes the lead and just back them up, and I am perfectly content to lead if it needs to happen. I prefer to avoid conflict or arguments, but if it is important enough I can take it as far as it needs to go. I have diffused numerous situations from escalating by simply not being the alpha male stereotype and simply letting things slide, and I have confronted and shut down a knife wielding attacker who threatened my family. I do not believe being a more submissive person in general makes you more likely to have a feminine side, there seems to be no common denominator.

i would say in my early years i was a 10+ extreme, but after i turned 40 the number is declining to around a 5 as of now. an old friend thinks i have turned to a total sub...

Until about 26, I was pretty quiet and introverted. Then something snapped; I realized that I was getting nowhere like that, and would have to change my ways. I carefully watched the guys who got all the girls, who got promoted, and put two and two together, and got eight; there was so much more going on than I had previously thought. So just as I had learned how to behave as a normal guy, I learned how to behave as an alpha male. Sure, it's all an act. But Ronald Reagen acted himself all the way to the presidency, and I don't think anyone could deny that he was perhaps the most 'presidential' of all the men in that office since TV became such an important tool in campaigning. So if he could do that, I could certainly learn to display the slightly over the top masculine behavior necessary to get the respect, and sometimes fear, that I needed to make life just a bit easier.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    An interesting question and I have to mirror what some of the others have said: it depends on the situation. At work, and particularly at a customer's worksite, I can be a 10 when dealing with work crews. Otherwise I am right around a 5. But in female mode, I can be an 8 or 9 (Alpha female), for the same reasons. (As I have written before, there have been some jobs I did and was en femme for the duration, hence the need to be an Alpha female.)

Probably only a 3. I've always been more of a sissy boy; submissive and timid. Tried to act the macho role for awhile but it never felt comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dunno, somewhere between 1 and 10. I do know that after I do a really alpha male thing, I hate myself in the morning. [Hey girl ... a little makeup will cure that.... ] but there is something to be said for an assertive woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club