Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of male are you... Alpha... passive... or somewhere in between?

Depends on the day. Some days a ten, other days I have to rule, 1. Right now I want to be a 10, I'm in Las vegas. brought the shoes and the make-up. Forgot a dress!!!Doh!!... Cute though. The Daughter that is here with us is getting very used to my boobs... and she asked me last night,' are your toes painted?' I said only for the last 12 years. lol
    regent,

I am an 8 in male mode , I like to see things get done. I like to be part of the action.. Can not sit and watch a race at a track unless it is from the pits.
    In girl mode I am submissive to a point . We all are different which makes it that much better. Be who you are comfortable with . uhmmm 2

I swing around pretty freely between 7 and 2 depending on the circumstances.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Just to add?

I'm an Aries as well.

Today's my B'Day!

Or I should say the 36th anniversary of my 21st B'Day!

I don't identify as male but most alpha males I encounter defer to me. I do mean motorcycle, Special Forces, athletes and other high testosterone prototypical alpha males. Don't know why.

I'd go with a seven in male mode, maybe a 4 in female mode.

Army Ranger, Harley guy, combat veteran. Definitely a 10 - until someone shows me a new mascara.

I have to admit to a certain bias here.

Big ol' gruff biker with an attitude? I could care less.

Big ol' gruff biker with an attitude and rainbow jewelry in his ear? "Well helloooooo!!"

What's a man now? What's a man mean? Is he rough and rugged? Is he cultural and clean?

- Joe Jackson "Where the real men are"
    For me, the difference between the two is 'threat'. Am I in danger if I let him know that I think he is hot?

Quote Originally Posted by jayme357 View Post
    Army Ranger, Harley guy, combat veteran. Definitely a 10 - until someone shows me a new mascara.
    I know I shouldn't quote the previous post, but your answer is SO sweet!

<3

- MM
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 04-18-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayme357 View Post
    Brilliant!!! Brought a smile to my face.
    Call me Donna, please

Quote Originally Posted by devida View Post
    Don't know why.
    Intensity and confidence, sweetie.

<3

- MM

I am probably a 2. I have been physically, verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused by lots of men and a few women. I think I'm getting a bit more assertive in recent years, but not by far. I more likely try to get my way by running around people than through them, because I'm terrible at confrontations.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Scales? I use them to weigh my chocolate.

I learned young that if people don't want to cooperate with me, that I can move on and entertain myself. I mostly can't be bothered telling other people what to do; easier to do it myself. I despise mindless authority, and I have a deserved reputation for disobeying stupid rules.

15-ish years ago, my SO and I realized that a person wandering around the bookstore we were in was a former Canadian Prime Minister. We both "Oh, Wow!"'d and left him alone. But for me it wasn't really because he was former head of the pack: it was because he was one of the few national-level politicians that I truly respected. If it had been the next leader of the same political party, I would have "harumph!"'d and avoided lest I be tempted to give them a piece of my mind. (And if the current leader of that party came knocking on my door as part of campaigning, I'd probably launch into a "How dare you!" tirade.)

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    If someone can come up with some loopy scale in hexadecimal let me know, then I can be one BADA55 GA1
    You'd need at least base 17 to get to 'G'

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I must agree with Kate. I've never been Alpha or Beta. If there was a, "Self absorbed jerk given 2 choices always takes door #3", sliding scale? I'd fit quite well on that chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Personally, I don't believe in such ratings based on supposed evolutionary development. We are higher beings to begin with , so our individual evolutions don't necessarily follow animal patterns. The ultimate being that you don't need to be a follower or a leader, just your own person.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

4+

Hmmmm....4? maybe 5...I am not too assertive at all
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Depends on the circumstances! Overall, about 5. Out with two guy friends yesterday, and they started talking about cars. Waitress who was passing said "Are you OK? You loof sort of dazed!" I was. Cars, for goodness sake.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I am definitely 8-10 alpha in male mode. When 'en femme' I definitely feel more passive, more like a 3. Go figure.
    Trish

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never really thought about where on the scale I am.
    Don't think I can assign a number of any kind.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    These are some characteristics of an alpha...

An alpha is a defender, persistent, strong, courageous, entertaining, storyteller, laugh at themselves, humble, educated, chooses their words carefully, charts their own course, hard worker, not a worrier, doesn’t pick a fight, has style, knows who they are, respects people, doesn't try to please everyone, has values, generous, leads by example, learns from failures, passionate about what they do.

Now I see these traits in both men and women to varying degrees. So saying only Alpha male sounds more like a stereo type in my opinion.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 04-18-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Definitely agree with Sanderlay that alpha is not just a male prerogrative. I know plenty of alpha females, I'm just not one of them.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Hmmm... in Debbie/Steve's list I miss out on "storyteller" and "not a worrier", and sometimes "knows who they are". "Entertaining" is subjective

It seems to me that the combination of "defender" and "insufficient resources to ensure defense" would tend to create "worry". For example if I know that someone is driving through a "white-out" (snow storm in which visibility can be a matter of a small number of feet), then a very common "defender" mode would be to worry about their safety.

Hi,

male only in facial looks ...maybe.

all else is female apart form no womb ,
    im a strong woman and do take charge in many details of life, because of my experience and asked to. and i can get stroppy at times,

And what Sanderlay has said so is not just a male perogitive, And im very passionate in much of what i do,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post

You'd need at least base 17 to get to 'G'
    Took someone 8 hours to spot that... not too many geeks around - Sandra wins the chocolate Easter Bunny!

Katey x

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    What in the name of anything that is holy is a 'total alpha' anyway ...
    In hierarchical social animals (humans being one such group), alphas usually gain preferential access to food and other desirable items or activities, though the extent of this social effect varies widely by species. Male and/or female alphas may gain preferential access to sex or mates, and in some species only alphas or an alpha pair is permitted to reproduce (e.g., wolves). Alphas may achieve their status by means of superior physical prowess and/or through social efforts and building alliances within the group.

So being an Alpha is not always about doing manly things although we tend to equate that the term Alpha male (e.g., Jason Bourne Bad A%% types). Alphas can gain the field by alliances, social ease, influence and of course just plain old Bad A%% behavior

For me . . . I am about an 8 (boy or girl). I prefer to influence my existence vice allow others to do so for me.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Vanessa, I'm a guy some where between Alpha & Average that's all guy but loves to dress as a lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I am probably a 9 but I asked my wife and she said I am an 11 on your 10 point scale. I'm a hard core jock, competing in several sports today. I do every thing that one would call manly and none that one would call otherwise, with the exception being cross dressing. A rather large exception, I must add but only my wife knows. I do not think there is any correlation in "manliness" and cross dressing. It's genetic, just like being a musician. Anyone can learn to play music but you can not teach someone to be a musician. THAT is inside you.