Thread: defining "I"

defining "I"

another post had made me think of the label becoming ingrained in the psyche, as they often do.

For my self, such drastic moment happened 4 years ago!

Nearly 40 years before, when I eventually deciphered that the term used at the time would define who I was and at the same time would had broken my spirit and sense of purity I associated with being who I made everyone think of me.

Such dreadful word was Transvestite, still, to this day resonates dreadfulness, disease, perversion!

Then another layer of the onion had fallen and uncovered yet another dreaded word, Transsexual. It literally took me 20 years to be able to perceive even the slightest of possibility of such term describing "I''

When I let go and for the first time allowed transsexual being pointed at me, I felt sense of cleansing, but nevertheless, it was very tried and uncomfortable, as I truly, underneath all the scholastic wealth of definition, felt as though I simply was a woman.

Hanging onto the term transsexual gave me a Permission to venture into the realm of discovery, into reality which for decades seemed otherworldly.
    It helped to intensify my spiritual seeking of self, and gave hope to the possibilities of bringing the dream into reality of present.

But after all that was and all which built me, I wasn't a transsexual after all, but was given such term for me to understand of the path awaiting my resolve.
    It was useful, but now, just as a plane ticket to the flight already flown, it is useless.

I have arrived in the city of my new reality, I love it here, and even though I just arrived, I feel home here. I have tossed this ticket away, I am here, the woman who traveled the path, who still shall walk towards truth, yet who know that the only defining qualities I will accept are those I carry in my heart!
    Last edited by Inna; 04-17-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Platinum Member
    I am glad you've reached the point where you can identify yourself as a woman. How you got to this point is an experience unique to you, but with enough common elements to be meaningful for many of us.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great post, Inna! Quite a journey!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    You know they just passed a law that says you have to take the journey back in 150 years, right?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    after all that was and all which built me, I wasn't a transsexual after all
    Yes you are a woman, no-one should dispute that, but to say that you were never transsexual is a distortion of truth that I cannot accept.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-18-2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Rianna, I do not think you understand the context of what was said?