Thread: Third time a charm? *sigh*

Third time a charm? *sigh*

Hey everyone,

Sorry i havent been posting much recently been just super stressed lately, anyways. So i finally got back in to see my therapist after a 9 month hiatus, due to my mothers passing and a potential assault charge that never happened thank god.
    So i told my therapist about what had been going on in the last 9 months and laid out a plan that i would lke to be in Vegas by June 13th to be with my family (on my moms side) after her passing. I told the doctor that i would like to start HRT before i go and he told me for the 3rd time that he will see about getting the recommendation letter done for me.

He wants to see me again next week, which is unusual for him he usually goes in 3 week intervals. (So here's hoping its legit this time!) Will update you hopefully with the good news in about a week or so. *Crosses Fingers*

There crossed for you, hoping all goes well.

Well therapist says hes going to make the recommendation, but the endocrinologist doesn't agree, i guess hes basically said no, however my therapist is going to talk with him personally regarding my last year or so (ive had some other personal hardships that have taken my attention away from other aspects of my life)But hes going to make the recommendation and then see what the endocrinologist has to say. Hopefully he changes his mind but i need to be open to the possibility he wont.

Sorry for a lack of understanding but how does it work when you say the Endo said "no"? Was this for medical reasons? I would have imagined that the Endocrinologist was essentially dealing with the physical health effects of hormones, e.g. are you a risk for heart attack, which combo of drugs and doses etc. If the endo has received a referral from a qualified mental health professional then I would have assumed that they would leave dealing with all the "family circumstances" stuff up to them? I don't know and also I am in a completely different health system (Oz vs US) plus I have no real involvement with the transition process, I was just curious.

I do hope your circumstances and health generally improve this year Sephina .

Banned Read only
    There is more than one endocrinologist in the world. Go out and find one that will work with you.

Adina, its largly due to mental health, im suffering from extreme anxiety/depression, stressers from a possible Assault charge that was total BS, that i beat that went from Aug-Oct then my Mother was Diagnosed with with Liver cancer, and passed away oct-dec, which caused me to take a break from seeing my therapist for about 8 months, ive been drinking alot more then usual too, not that i havce an alcholo problem its just i end up drinking a little more. im doing the best i can to deal with everything going on.

Jorja, yes there are other endocrinologist out there its just the one in Fargo atm. Im looking to relocate on June 13th to Las Vegas to be with family so trying to at least get started here and then follow up there. Which is still a possiblity he hasnt actually said no to me yet. My therapist stated that he is going to talk to him personally again and see if he can sway him, if not then i will have to go somewhere else. not the end of the world just dont want to have towait any longer then i have to.

Thank you everyone for your support, it means alot.

My gosh for your sake I hope it is a charm.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell