Thread: Unexpected call

Unexpected call

Earlier this week during my therapy session my therapist asked how I was doing. I told her that I had been depressed quite a bit lately. She asked if I thought I needed some antidepressants, but I told her that when I was on HRT the depression was very minimal, and I could 'hang on' until my 6 month time out for stopping therapy was over and I could restart HRT again. The remainder of the therapy session was the same as always.

Then this morning I received a call from my endocrinologist's office to ask if I could come by to get some blood drawn. I of course said yes, may I ask why? Is there a problem? The scheduling nurse said "no problems, just need to get your levels so we'll know where to set the levels for your HRT again." Needless to say I made a beeline and had my blood drawn, and have an appointment next Tuesday.

While I was on my way, my therapist called and asked if the endocrinologists office had contacted me. I said yes, I was on my way to get my blood drawn. She said I had convinced her I was ready to restart my transition, and felt I was 100% serious about completing it this time. So there I was, driving my car and crying tears of joy not due to estrogen, but because of it!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Gold Member
    That is great news; Good luck and I hope you pass your blood test..... Did you bring
    two # 2 pencils with you....LOL
    Rader

Gold Member
    Good for you Donna! Now are you truly ready? You had yourself set to do this in 6 months and it jumped right to your doorstep. It may be a good time to take a deep breath and self evaluate. You just got something you weren't directly asking for (going by your email anyway). And if you are truly ready to press the gas pedal down, then Yay!

Thanks Sue, yes I am. My stopping HRT and therapy before was the biggest mistake I ever made. And I think she wanted to make sure I am as dedicated to seeing this through as I need to be. She apparently sees that I am as well, because I wasn't trying to get her to begin my HRT early, I had resolved myself to wait and "pay the penalty" for my earlier stupidity. So I am thankful for the reprieve.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack