Thread: Surprise

Surprise

If you have read my banter the past year, you know that just a year ago my wife wasn't the most receptive to me coming out to her.
    Anyway, a year later and many ups and downs, We consider it acceptable for me to dress at home when the kids aren't around. Oddly enough, my girl mode attire mirrors my guy mode attire, jeans shirt (cami for girl mode) and an over shirt, flannel, casual collared or wrap type. Makeup was more or less not on the table of negotiations, which has been ok by me. It's a lot of work for a few hours. As such, my makeup skills are not the best.
    I have been hemming and hawing a makeover for a couple years now, but never really pressed for one, I was just grateful to get to the point of dressing regularly.
    So today, as an Easter gift, Completely out of the blue, my wife surprised me today with a gift certificate to get a makeover at a local makeover place! (transformations By Roris) although now that it's a reality I'm kinda scared and have no clue about what to do to prep.
    Do I come dressed? How do I dress? What do I wear? Do I need a wig? What all do they do to me?

Thumbs up

I've been to Rori's several times and loved it. I have to travel 6 hours to get there so I always underdress just to save time. We end up stopping at a rest area so I have the cleanest shave. You will love her. She does have dressing rooms so you can change your top clothes before she starts. Don't know what you plans are after the makeover but I usually stop on my way to buy fireworks in Poster IN so I do get a little time just in the vehicle. Not real brave as far as meeting the public. I let my SO check in at the motel and I might roam around a little and than take a ride. She also has some really nice clothes and a lot of wigs. bought my last one there and wear it whenever I get the chances. Have fun and post some pics. I am heading for Vegas tomorrow and a makeover with Amy on Wednesday.

I feel like I could have posted these same questions! Why you might be asking? Well Monday I have a two hour session with a local make up artist and I have no idea how I should present. I told the MUA in the first email that I am a cross dresser so no secret there. She did tell me to come freshly shaven with a clean face (no makeup). The clean shaven was a no brainer but I am glad she mentioned the no makeup. That still leaves me with what to wear. I can see a wig getting in the way so probably won't wear one but other than that I am at a loss.

I am the thinking jeans, t-shirt and flip flops. All women's of course but not sure if I will go with a bra. Definitely not breast forms unless I bring a wig with me.

Not sure if my thought process helps but figured I would throw it out there
    I really need to work on my signature...

Silver Member
    Most of your questions can only be answered by YOU & if you feel comfortable and confident being out in a dress, wig, etc. IMO it is not necessary to go too "glam" for a makeover, but please do dress similar to GG's in your area and age group. Also do take your wife along for moral support and to take some pics of your progress. Enjoy.

Jen,

I have only had one make over several years ago. It was a very enjoyable experience. I went fully dressed, took my wife's liquid lipstick along, no makeup, and a video camera. She was great and said that the make over comes 2 for the price of one. A day time and night time makeover. She is very connected with the T-Girl community and afterwards sent me on my to meet-up with a group of girls downtown. Anyway, a wig is not a problem. She took it off and put it on one of her wig stands, put me in the chair, lined the video camera up, and then she did her magic. At the end, I had her summarize everything that she had done, what she used, why to me and the camera.

I never went back for the second make over, I am rarely home. However, I have been back to her place many times. She has an open event at her house once a month and sometimes she shows up at different parties around town. She has expanded her business to include a bed and breakfast. She also offers a service to take people out on the town for those who want to venture out.

So check Roris' web-site for the entire list of services offered. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

If I find the pictures from that night, I one or two.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jennialy, Are you comfortable going out dressed if so then go for it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My only make over I was in 100% boy mode, and asked to be made over as a female.
    Learned as much as I could from her with technique and colours, left the shop went home and washed it off.
    Next day bought my first ever make up and started practicing.

That was many years ago
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I would ask Roris, they will give you the good oil.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I'm glad your wife gave you this gift, Jenn - this is really, really good progress and a wonderful gesture on her part. I hope you have a wonderful time with your makeover, hon. I think you'll really enjoy yourself a lot!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Wear your wig or bring it for sure, Rori will style your hair for you. It's only an hour drive for me and have been there before, Rori used to come to the local CHI Triess meetings, I haven't gone in a few years so I don't know if she still does but she was always a lovely addition to the meetings. Enjoy the makeover and take lot's of pics!!!
    I want to be this girl!

What a fantastic surprise and gesture! I'm new here so I haven't seen your original post about your coming out experience with your wife, but it's great to hear that you two are making progress. That sounds like a lot of fun though! I've never been to a place like that. I'd say go dressed if you feel comfortable.

wow great gift, what ever you wear enjoy and post, I would change upon arrival but then again male or female the last gift I got from my SO was a portion platter.
    For the love of all thats holy, does this make my butt look big!

You will love rori's, the first time I went there with my wife I bought Breast forms a wig and a dress, I went in drab, you could bring your own clothing and dress in her shop. A lot of the girls meet at rori's once a month then go to a piano bar close by. You should plan your make over on one of those days, I hope Rory is working when you go she's great, she also has a store in key largo Florida.

So we set Mother's Day weekend as the date, made it an relax and pamper weekend for both of us.
    Mario Triccoci for massages, plus a mani pedi for her, roris, then the Sybaris pool room for us. No kids just us.
    Not sure if I will be wearing said wig, I actually only have cheap ones and would have to go get fitted and buy one.
    As for style of dress, not sure, definitely casual going there, as for leaving, who knows. I don't want to press anything with my so, so going out afterwards is on her, so far she's like the hotel waterfall is where she wants to be, but we will see.

Reality Check
    I've never had a makeover but if I did, I would at the bery least take my female stuff along and leave as a female. I would probably go as one as well.

I would go as early in the morning as possible and spend the rest of the day out as a female.

Jenn, good to see your here too!
    I just love hearing these great posts!
    Sounds like you have most things planned, Rori's in in my hometown too so I go there a lot.
    Tell everyone Candy Kowal said hello!
    If I were you, I would dress there...I have a grab n go bag so it's handy for all my things.
    So people come in the store with suitcases too, it's a common practice.
    Have fun...we want a full report of your girly day!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Jenialy, I don't know Roris but it's likely she has wigs for sale. Let her fit you and style you.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I must admit that I can't see the point of getting a makeover to look at everything else in guy mode. If the wig gets in the way, they can just remove it for the duration. After they are done you will look spectacular and could easily spend some time out and about, so dress to blend with what you have planned after the makeover!

tina

schedules conflicted but we finally went this weekend. We had fun. I was pretty nervous to begin with, but as the wprk proceeded i lightened up. My wife made friends with a regu'ar there and they ended up talking the whole time, and afterwards while she was getting done. After I was complete, i went outside to show them how I looked and she was shocked at how much i looked like a friend of ours.
    We left there and went to the Ohare outlet mall, no one really gave me a second look, although we did peep the security guard looking down my blouse at Burberrys. She bought a bag and a fall trench coat, i just looked around. (i cant justify spending a thousand bux on anything for me that doesnt have a circuitboard.) Afterwards, we went to the Sybaris, where we had a pool room. The makeup around the eyes were pretty solid, even after sitting in the pool around my eyes didnt come off naturally, it took the steam room and a lot of makeup remover wipes to get it off.

The biggest fears we had were one, she would see me this way and freak out, and That I would look horrible. She talked to the regular there and she felt that it was almost divine intervention, as they both had the same religious upbringing, very devout, black and white right wrong thing. The regular and her talked about acceptance, what it was like for the guy to have to go thru something that wasnt thought to be male normal, how others perceive us as a whole, and how lucky I was for having an understanding and positive partner. She felt very positive about the entire experience and wants to go to one of the parties they have, even though i was kinda iffy on that. So it looks like we are going to one of their T parties soon.

Transformations By Roris
    The staff there are top notch, i really liked Rori, she was fun, she put me at ease, explained everything she was doing and why. She picked the perfect style wig for me, didnt pressure me into buying anything, although I did buy a wig and lipstick.
    What I didn't like. The makeup around my eyes was really heavy for my tastes, i felt like i could have walked through Jersey and fit right in. Although she had clothes and shoes for sale, she didnt have anything in my size. Being a specialty shop and considering her clients, i get that, but it would have been nice to see some size 0 clothes and 7 shoes.
    Would I go again? Yes, but I think more just to meet and hang out with people rather than to get done, or to get the base layer done (she hid my 5 o clock very well you couldnt see it at all)

So all in all a very fun night, we got to meet new friends, gained insight and understanding of my position and why it takes her 3 hours to get ready, so a win win in our book, even though I still only want to be part time.