Thread: Going to church, trans

Going to church, trans

So, in an hour I'm going to church dressed as a man. I've been there twice before en femme and I'm a little bit nervous, to be honest lol

Although the people there seem nice enough, there have been a few negative comments said but...well, whether they are wrong, right, or indifferent, I want to worship my God in my way on this Easter Sunday. So, I'm going. Here's a few pics of me.

Can't wait until I get paid and can go get a haircut!
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's nice that you will be honoring your faith no matter how you're dressed. Actually, your image appears androgynous enough to go anywhere. And people have tendency to make comments about everything so I wouldn't worry about it. Have peace and just be happy.

And get a haircut!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks Carla I'm trying to see how far I can transition without medically transitioning so androgynous is a great thing! And, honestly, I've been more nervous than the proverbial cat in a room full of rocking chairs when I went to church en femme...I want to make today about Him, not about me noticing that people are staring at my breasts. I do desperately need a haircut though lol I'm going to see if she'll take more off the back this time around so I'm not quite so shaggy-looking when it grows out.

Happy Easter Len - God will enjoy having you there and may be that is all that matters (wish things had worked out so I could go to church today - but family stuff took precedence)

Thank you Bridget I ended up having a great time at church and was glad I went Me being there to be with God was all that mattered and I'm glad I realized it. I also noticed that I was much more relaxed and able to focus more on His Word when I went as myself instead of what I thought people were expecting

Silver Member
    Len, It is written "be not concerned as to what you wear when you visit Me, but what you carry in your heart". You should always be comfortable and confident in who you are, no matter what you are wearing. Enjoy.

Don't be nervous Len. You got this! I went to school dressed as a guy and during my fitness class all those dirty looks were gone cuz I don't play when I workout XP I finally stopped caring about what others think of me when I dress how I love to. I got a lot of criticism that day but hey I just look at them and ask how I affect how they live their lives in any way. They can't bring me happiness so why care how badly they think.

So cool, Len! You look good, guy!

For me, and it sounds like for you as well, services take on a special euphoria when I'm who I know He intended me to be. My spirit soars higher and my prayers take on deeper levels of meaning.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You go however you feel you should go. Church is about you and god, despite what some of the other church goers may think.
    BTW you look fantastic. Anyone who thinks or says otherwise is rude or ignorant (or possibly both).

Depends on your church, I guess.

I grew up in a Congregationalist church.. which is a part of 'The United Church of Christ'. They are a fully accepting church for gay and trans people.

My Mom still goes to that church, and they have gay couples and fully transitioned folks.

Unitarian Universalists also won't care.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

It's my dream to go to church in a dress!

You have the right to express your feelings and beliefs any way you wish my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks everyone for the awesome support and comments!

Chari: Yes, that was really made me go dressed to church. I just felt so uncomfortable in girl clothes...I found that I'm able to focus much more on my worship when I wasn't worried about my appearance

Shadow: Very true I'll definitely be going to church as a guy more often. It takes a bit of courage but if they have a problem with me, then it probably isn't the right church lol I'm glad to hear that you went to school dressed! Way to be amazing, man!

Persephone: That's it exactly I love God and I should love myself when I'm worshipping Him

Adina: Thank you I was rather underdressed for Easter Sunday but like you said, it was about God and me rather than other people's opinions

mechamoose: Interesting! I was raised Pentecostal and have generally been surrounded by Baptist churches. I might have to check into the ones you mentioned Thanks!

Stacey: I hope you do one day! I'm sure you'd look lovely

Kate: Thank you

Aspiring Member
    Good for you Len! I am a transgender woman but I fully support my brothers in these situations. Remember the BASIC truth: We are all Brothers And Sisters In Christ. It's a basic fact. Hang in there bro. Leanne P.S. How did it go?

Thank you Leanne I wish that more people had that attitude, haha.

It went well, actually I got a few strange looks but overall, it was very much about me being there to worship. Strangely though, a lot of people went to the Bible study class and then skipped out on the service.