Thread: Advice on Travel

Advice on Travel

Hello Ladies,

I know this question has been asked several times. I am leaving on a business trip for a week and will have plenty of Shelly time. My question is how should i pack my heels and wig. Is it better to just check baggage or can i go through checkpoint without having the TSA opening my bag. I did not want to check a bag but if it is better than i will. I am not bring my forms because they are silicone filled and i think that will be a flag. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Shelly

If you're trying to avoid any sort of uncomfortable moment, checking the bag is prolly the safest, but if you carry your stuff on, what really is the worst that can happen? The only people who might notice will be you and the TSA agent. I mean, it's not like they're gonna announce your wig over the PA. :-)

Btw, if you check TSA regs breast forms are allowed carryon or checked -- or worn. If you change your mind I would not put silicone forms in a checked bag, the handling is too rough. I would either wear them or carry them on.

Thank You Sherri

I have travelled with my forms and wigs. If have checked them, wore them and carried them on. I used the box am plastic inserts that my forms came in with no problems. When carrying on the TSA agents did open my bags and look at the forms. I had no problems with this and just smiled. If you are not traveling with business partners why care?
    Suzanne

Wig forms and bras, all the same to the TSA.
    I never worry, it's just luggage.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have traveled many times with Wig, Forms etc. and the worst I ever got was a smile from one of the TSA guys who had to open my bag for inspection and found it was full of only female clothing.

I am traveling next week and planed on putting forms in box they were shipped and putting in checked in luggage. Should I be concerned with that?

Jenna

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I have been shipping my femme gear UPS to be at my hotel when I arrive.

" This is your Captain speaking. The lovely lady in Row 3, seat C is called Shelley, but actually, she is a man. TSA have informed me that they found false boobs in her carry on bag. What's worse, she refused to give me her cell number. Oh, and Shelley, in the event of a sudden cabin de-pressurization, your boobs will be fine!! I'd still like your number though..."

Ain't going to happen, Shelley (except maybe for the phone number bit) so you go for it!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Thank you Amanda. You make me laugh and feel a lot better.

Shelly

Julie,

I've often thought of doing just that, mailing my femme items the my hotel so when I arrive, they'll be waiting for me. What I didn't know if that would really work without to much hassle. Have it worked for you?

Yeah - I have travelled dozens of times now with my forms, bras, wigs, shoes, etc all in my carryon bag. I've had them want to look in my bag several times, but it's a complete non event. I think they've seen so many these days, they don't even ask what they are. I usually check my boy clothes and carry on all my (more important) girl stuff .

VS Fan

Banned Read only
    Heels and a wig will not flag anything for TSA. silicon forms will, but depending on the Machine operator, (operator knows what they are seeing) they may let it pass. Worst case is they will ask to search your bag. Keep the forms on top so they are easily verified and you'll be on your way.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelly, Life is easier when bags are checked.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I pack everything in my suitcase. When I fly out of one particular small airport (Waco, TX) they open my bag when I carry breastforms. I've never had my bag opened at a major airport.

Thank you all very much for your comments.
    You ladies rock.
    Thanks,

Shelly

Just traveled with a wig, breast forms, adhesive, heels, clothes...and not one problem. Put the forms in a box though!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellycd12 View Post
    I did not want to check a bag but if it is better than i will. I am not bring my forms because they are silicone filled and i think that will be a flag.
    Hi Shelly.

I'm amazed that you will have femme time but not taking checked luggage. When I travel it is hard to keep the luggage under max weight Just don't know what I will want to wear. And femme time is so incomplete without the forms ... and everything else.

And flying femme is just such a high ... that's another solution.

Enjoy your time away.

Michelle

I have traveled many times in male mode with heels and a wig packed in a carryon and never had a problem. The biggest problems have been having liquids which exceded the size set by TSA. Just make sure your liquids conform and there should be no problems.