Thread: HRT in Singapore?

HRT in Singapore?

I've been too comfortable behaving and dressing up like a girl since a young age, but due to my family background and financial setback faced by my family, I was never given a chance to change anything...

Now after years though the feeling of me being a woman has came on and off several times in my life, the feeling has never been as strong as it is now... I've finally took up the courage to share my 'need' & 'feelings' with my gf....

Though I would really like to move on with HRT, I do not know how can I go about doing that in Singapore and I'm like totally lost.... Can someone kindly help and advise me?

So, I am understanding that you are in Singapore. I would Google LGBT in Singapore and see what shows up. Just because something may be illegal in some countries, it does not mean that it does not exist. In those cases it is probably kept very secret and undercover so to speak. What you should do, emphasis on "should and assuming that you are transsexual is to find a therapist to help you work out who and what you are. That may be difficult to do in Singapore, but following some of the Google hits, you may be able to find a local support group and from there recommendations for a good therapist. It will take time and it is very good that you are trying to do something to help yourself. Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

PS: Welcome to the Forum. If you haven't already done so, you may want to write a nice introduction and tell us a little about you so that we can respond better to this and future threads started be you.

Hihi, thank you so much for your support and help!

"Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Singapore may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Male same-sex sexual activity is illegal, though the law is generally not enforced."

Currently think I'm still very much more interested in girls though somehow I'm getting bi-curious... But the feeling for guys is weirdly subtle... More like curiously interested than the 'jumping into bed' thoughts...?? Like am I even making sense here....? Hehheh... :P Suddenly I'm feeling like I'm a little girl again and living this part of me which never had the chance to manifest itself due to strong family & society background opposing it....

I have recently just received a reply e-mail from a clinic which I had googled and found to be providing HRT in Singapore.... They requesting that I personally call them to make enquiry... Though I must say it might not be that convenient to call them, but I definitely try to get to them somehow....??

I used to think with confused and mixed thoughts on whether I should go for a gender-change or just be a crossdressor... Though I feel most comfortable and happy when I crossdress, now I'm beginning to understand it can never really satisfy my need..... I'll need to be a woman like I'm supposed to too many years back.... I had cried too many times thinking over this (and I'm not a person who cry as a 'man) so I truly know what this means to me.... And how I'm quickly beginning to change even though I'm not crazy and I'm not on hormone... The feeling is THIS STRONG and I know exactly what I'm doing.... No sudden impulse or intention.... I'll BE STRONG and stand up for WHO I AM.

I used to think and be confused over whether I should or not... Taking considerations of all factors... But now I know, I never really have a choice... Do you know how much I wish to be myself? To be who I truly am? And I really don't understand... Why should it even be all so difficult....? Why should it be all so unaccepting...? Why shouldn't it be a very happy thing...?

Last edited by Nigella; 04-21-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts