Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question of Etiquette…

Thank you everyone...

The feminine handshake has it!

I feel so much more comfortable knowing that I can keep doing what I'm familiar with, just with a lighter touch...

Hugs and smudgey foundation lunges will be reserved for successive meetings and/ or when a close friend is involved...

And a curtsey will be reserved for Lady Bev

I'm pleased - and in line with Debrett's who had this super astute observation to pass on to their readers: "Social kissing is quite unlike more intimate osculatory activities..." Well I never...

I look forward to shaking hands with my first 'other girl' sometime...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm all for avoiding things that would make anybody uncomfortable, but if you're in a group of "girls" where everybody knows what kind of girls they're talking to, I really like the idea of nice, warm, boobs-to-boobs hug. I mean, why not, when you're amongst friends, even if they're friends you haven't had the good fortune of having met yet?

First meeting a handshake. And I wouldn't rip their hand off, but it would not be a feminine handshake. I just don't do those.

After the first meeting, a friendly "girl hug". I have a CD friend I've seen in both modes. If we're both in girl mode, it's definately a hug. Both in boy mode, I did hug, but it felt really wierd.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

If there is son such book, I guess it's up to one of us to write it. Perhaps you can my friend. Normally when I greet others of the TG community, I use their name if I know it and always promote mutual respect. Sometimes I call them "Hon" like I do on here. I'm the same in RL as I am on the Forum. It's always nice to meet new friends and I know that even though I've been doing this most of my life, I don't know everything and can always learn something new. It should always be a mutual learning experience as well as encouraging when TG folks get together.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning