Thread: Yearning for Easter Dressing up of years ago

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Unhappy Yearning for Easter Dressing up of years ago

Today I went to my EASTER Church Service where i sing in my adult choir. Its a protestant denomination, old school and we wear red long cassocks with pure white oversized tunics over them. You know ,the kind you see choir boys and adults where in the movies. Well I couldn't help but thinking not only did I wish it was not a floor length robe with flowing top but I wished it was the GGs traditional fashion of 20+ years ago when GG's really dressed up to the nines to go to Easter service. Pink dresses, flowery skirts, pink or white stockings, nude or white shoes, classy big hat and of course a corsage. Oh for those old days. memories

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Everything old will be new again, just hoping we all have enough quality time in front of us to appreciate the'go-round'!!

Aspiring Member
    Megan...I also remember years past. No matter what financial shape you were in, you had new clothes for Easter. I took my family, (what is left) to a beautiful brunch today as I have for years, and was soooo disappointed at what the ladies were wearing. Even the young girls are missing this event. Those were the days and I am also saddened by it.
    Maybe Mothers day will be better???
    Fortuneta

When I first began wearing feminine clothing women always "dressed up" when going to church, out for dinner, even shopping. These were my ideals!
    Hugs, Carole

Today in church I admired all the beautiful dresses and wish so bad I could look like that...

Think it all depends on what community you go to. Some areas still dress up for church and Easter, other places are more informal. If I'm not going anywhere then I'll usually dress up for Easter. This year I wore a nice white dress with a black scribble pattern, ivory hose and black pumps. Felt great to be so girly on a Sunday afternoon.
    -Audrey

Growing up, one of the favorite outfits I 'borrowed' from my sister was always the Easter sunday dress that she had worn the year before.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    Today in church I admired all the beautiful dresses and wish so bad I could look like that...
    Me too. I was inspired by a lot of them!

Megan , I loved reading your thread!! You are so correct, the casual look in church has replaced the pretty dresses, skirt outfits , etc.. What I noticed is that women rarely wear the beautiful bonnets that were such a special treat to observe.
    My wife & I went shopping last week for her Easter outfit. What stunned me was the incredible array of designers & gorgeous dress racks. The dress colors were spectacular !! Megan , if you were with us, you would have had to pinch yourself to make sure that you had not crossed over into cd heaven.

Megan , I know that you frequently dress & enjoy being Megan in public. I am presumming that your go in drab to sing in the church choir . However, IF you do go en femme, I would love to read how you do so & the reaction of your fellow parishioners.

Megan , it is the likes of you & Donna St. Martin, two older , established & confident CDs that give the rest of us the pleasure in knowing that we can dress , enjoy dressing & look wonderful. I know that you work hard to look so feminine & you should be proud of your presentations. Peace, Mel

Oh how I remember the Easters of long ago. My parents always made me wear a suit. I didn't understand why my sisters always had very pretty dresses to wear. I was very jealous. My mother also had a new dress to wear. Then it was off to Grandmas for Easter dinner. I could never believe the dresses my girl cousins got to wear. The only bad thing is that they always wanted to change into the pants and blouses they brought along. Christmas was the same.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa in SE Tn View Post
    Megan , I loved reading your thread!! ....

Megan , I know that you frequently dress & enjoy being Megan in public. I am presumming that your go in drab to sing in the church choir . However, IF you do go en femme, I would love to read how you do so & the reaction of your fellow parishioners.

Megan , it is the likes of you & Donna St. Martin, two older , established & confident CDs that give the rest of us the pleasure in knowing that we can dress , enjoy dressing & look wonderful. I know that you work hard to look so feminine & you should be proud of your presentations. Peace, Mel
    Melissa My goodness lady what a beautiful compliment and response to my thread that you loved. I would never buy slacks,I'm a holdout. only wear jeans out casually not fully dressed.I'm a 'show my legs and stocking girl" Goes back to my very early years. I do not or ever would appear in my church enfemme. I would be shunned, and never be able to look at those beautiful people again.

I do work hard, much practice in makeup, deportment, walking,voice. And after 50 years I got it down perfect whenever out.I believee irt myself that I AM a woman and no one is ever the wiser. Took years.
    I do thank you for your kind words and thoughts of appreciation to you and other CD's
    Last edited by Megan70; 04-21-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Aspiring Member
    That has been one of my fantasies to go to church as a woman, why I don't know maybe because like the rest of you when I was younger all of the woman wore their Sunday finest. I haven't the nerve to go out shopping as a woman although I keep thinking about it. Just not sure I would go out in the area I live in. I used to go shopping for woman's attire as a male but haven't done that for a few years now.

Not only do the women not dress up as they used to with hats and gloves, but the guys don't wear suits and ties, I was one of the few yesterday that had on a tie, and I didn't wear my suit, just slacks and a sport coat. MKy excuse is that like Megan I wear a cassock(black) and a white surplice as I serve as an acolyte at my church.

I do look around in church to see how many women wear hats, its maybe two on a sunday, ah the days gone by!!

Hugs Bria

Banned Read only
    I have the same memories. I especially loved the summer months when women wore sleeveless dresses with full skirts and pretty sandals.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Oh and to be a young crossdressing boy, seeing my sisters in their Easter finest.
    My head was on a swivel looking at all the ladies and girls.
    I think I pouted a lot back then stuck in a suit
    Last edited by dana digs sweaters; 04-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.

I pass at least 4 churches when I come in to the office on Sunday's and there is one church left in my complex. What I saw Sunday as two of the churches were letting out and there was traffic...at least there was traffic, most Sundays the parking area is almost abandoned... One church had people dressed like they were going to the beach, the LDS church everyone was dressed up with men in white shirts and black jackets. The church in my complex? Jeans and T-shirts and they were hunting eggs.

I probably over dress. I like to look nice when I am out no matter what I am doing, but seeing this weekend was a major thing for at least two different religions, you would think they would want to look nice. I know the deity doesn't care what you look like (and you should take THAT idea with you when you do go to services, where what you feel comfortable in). Personally I don't even get the paper in the morning without make up. I don't "run" to the store in sweats. As my GF told me when we first met "You will never see me without make up"

Can you talk to your pastor about dressing under the robe?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nice memories but think of the horrendous wardrobe you would have to keep and the expense of the same.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Megan, That must have been different. I am in a church that does not keep Easter, that observes hebrew days. I like seeing all the ladies in dresses , at restaurants after such churches let out. Quite a few women do wear pants to churches now, though.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Something like this, Megan?

I love the vintage tradition of dressing up for the Easter Parade. Altho, growing up at the beach meant folks only dressed up for weddings, funerals, and graduations.

69617.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry,
    Very classy, as always hon !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Megan, you really stirred up my thougts on this one. Easter sunday it took all of my strength to put on my tye and sport coat while my wife put on her new floral dress with white shrug and heels. She looked awesome and I so wanted to put on a flowered skirt with heels and hose. We attend church every week and I must say that only on Easter does anyone really dress up anymore. I remember my Mom and my sisters with new dresses, hats with veils, and of course white gloves on easter sunday. I was jealous then and I am jealous now.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Brings back childhood memories for me wishing I too could wear a pretty dress to church like my sister. I prayed so much for that wish to come true.

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan, I always loved seeing the lovely Easter outfits.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!