Thread: What your kids call you

Aspiring Member

What your kids call you

I know there was a post at one time floating around about this subject but i can not find it. As I progress along i am curious as to what to have my kids call me that doesn't get me clocked in public or raise any more suspension of my past life. I will always be dad but there has to a nickname for them to Call me. I will never have my children call me by my first name though. Anyone with any exp?
    Professional thread killer.

My kids have free reign to call me dad at anytime. If that isn't appropriate for then have a discussion with your children and decide on a name all would be comfortable using.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Banned Read only
    I have always allowed my kids to call me whatever they like. Usually it's Jorja or Bitach minus the a, which ever comes out first.

Kids, you can't live with them and often wonder what you were thinking when you had them!

My little darlings are in their thirty's now so don't get after me for being mean to them. I am just getting back at them for thirty years of torment.

out of their own initiative I am MOM, but then when I came out the verdict was reached that I always was a mom........however, I know how lucky I am

They don't. Will not talk to me
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Silver Member
    My daughter usually refers to me as Poppy.

My sweet daughter and her kiddies call me "Dadette".I'm Auntie Paula to my niece and family.
    PaulaAnn on this forum as "Paula" is in use.
    Angela;I'm very sorry to hear that your kids refuse to talk to you;they are missing out on so much.
    PaulaAnn.
    Last edited by PaulaAnn; 04-21-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Actually, that was the very first question my son asked me! My response was "What would you like to call me?" When speaking to others he refers to me as his Dad, even when he refers to me as "her".

Yeah, kinda throws his friends for a loop.

But I will always be Dad; can't change that. [I'm envious of Inna ,who gets to be "Mom"]. The youngest grandkid calls me "Grammy".

Quote Originally Posted by StephBrown View Post
    I will never have my children call me by my first name though.
    When speaking to me he calls me Michelle, in the same way that stepmoms are often referred to by their first names. It's not any sign of disrespect, it just is what it is. And any name offered with love and respect is just fine by me!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Untitled
    I will always be dad to our daughter and proud of that fact
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Mi kids call me Papa and my grandkids call me grandma.....
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

What Me Worry
    My oldest granddaughter calls me grampma
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Banned Read only
    My kids call me "mom."

Resist
    After 8 months of trying out different names my kids settled on calling me Mum. It feels right for all of us. :^)

They call me April, works for me!

Daddy!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Aspiring Member
    My kids are 2 and 1 so I have a chance to raise them calling me something that I want. My wife is their mom and no matter where our relationship goes i will never take or try to take that away from her. That is my own opinion and yall that have a name that your happy with cibgrads. I will always be dad but since my kids are so young i can find something more fiting. I am not sure yet though what that will be.
    Professional thread killer.

My kids don't talk to me at all. My ex wife told them everything. About 5 years ago, my oldest son called and asked to spend the night. I said sure, and he said nope, fooled you, called me a nasty name, and hung up.

Gold Member
    I feel for those who don't have your kids talking to you. I hope time corrects that.

I have told two out of three kids at this point. When they brought it up, I said to call me whatever you want as long as it is socially acceptable.