Thread: Dr appointment

Aspiring Member

Dr appointment

So i go see a endo tomorrow to give my letter and talk about hrt. This is a huge deal to me and boy am I nervous and excited at the same time. I also worry that she will say no and that scares me to death. I am tired of the everyday grind that my mind has become. I know it is all fears but it still is there. Thanx to all for the great support and hard checks that have helped me get to here, which is way far from where I was.
    Professional thread killer.

Silver Member
    Hope it all goes well.

Good luck.
    Not sure how it works there, but you will need your blood tests done first, before anything is prescribed. Hopefully all will be fine.

Aspiring Member
    I have 2 years of blood work so I should be good

Excellent, you know your health is good then, you have the referral. Time to get excited.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-23-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire preceding post

I hope you realize all your dreams. Good luck.

Gold Member
    Good luck Steph! Please update us afterwards.

I was in you same position last week! When I parked, I was so nervous that the bloodwork would be negative and they would tell me no. My psychiatrist had already faxed my letter to the doc so that part was taken care of. I went into the office super nervous. I have shorter hair and didn't wear a wig, but wore my makeup, jeans, tshirt, and women's peacoat. I was all en femme minus the wig. When I went into the office which is located in the center of Atlanta, it was PACKED. People were looking at me but I was too nervous to care. I walked up to the front counter and gave my name. The lady at the front desk called me miss and used all the right pronouns. It meant so much to me. She even used all the right pronouns while talking to the nurses away from me, though I could sort of hear her. It made me so happy. The doc came in after an hour wait and was asking me questions about if I was prepared, if I knew the risks, etc. He did a basic physical exam checking pulse, breathing, and all that. I asked him how long I would have to wait for the bloodwork results and he simply said...oh, about 2 minutes. I didn't quite understand what he meant. He was typing on the computer and then he turned to me and said...I'm prescribing progesterone, spiro, and estradiol for you. Here are your prescriptions. You can have them filled immediately. The nurse will take your blood in a sec. He said to call a number in 2 days for my bloodwork results and then he left. Shortly after, the nurse came in, took my blood, made me give a urine sample and then said I was good to go! I walked out with my prescriptions in hand and drove straight to publix and got them filled! I started the very next day.

I think you're going to do great! It's an amazing feeling and nothing to be afraid about. Enjoy the ride! And good luck on the rest of your new life! My appointment was on my birthday so now my gg friend is calling it my unbirthday. Like in Alice in wonderland. Its a new me and a new life. Reborn! So happy unbirthday to you too!!

Btw, for those that may think my doc didn't follow the rules, he is one of the leading endos in GA and has 35+ years experience in treating patients for HRT. Not every doctor may do this, but I trust his judgement. He comes highly recommended from many other endos around Atlanta. When I was calling around, they all referred me to him.
    Good luck on your new adventure! Oh, and get prepared to pee...a LOT... in the future weeks ahead!!
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 04-22-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

My doc is an internist, and a one with the longest experience record in the area. I went in, he did blood work and e mailed the scrip to the pharmacy. I picked it up on the way home. All in one morning.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

When I was starting this whole process, I told my VA prime doctor which tests I wanted included in the blood work , and it was done. She got me my psychiatrist, who, after three sessions got my my endo and she put me on the lowest dosage of both available. I have since had another test, been raised in the dosage, and have another test tomorrow AM. With any luck at all I will get an increase again. I had to wait on the postal service to deliver my meds though. It is happening better than I could have hoped for

Bobbi

Side for Angela.... I am so happy for your progress and your outlook on life overall. I do like your photo.

Aspiring Member
    So yesterday I saw my endo. She was great !! It was nice to talk with someone who has a lot of exp working with hrt and other girls. I asked lots of questions and filled out a ton of forms..sheesh.. the whole staff was great and acted like it was just another day!! She went over how she does the meds and she gave me a months free sample of patches to get me started. She phoned in my script for the normal patches and the Tblocker and off I went!! I can't believe how small the new patch is as I was fearing a huge one from the stories. It is the size of a quarter maybe. When I left her office I couldn't stop smiling as I had been nervous as hell going in ( I always am whenever I go to the doctor) I was almost crying as I was so happy that it went so well. The pharmacy called me later and I went and picked up my prescription. I am starting out slow but she said that by 6 months I will be on a full does and her target is to get my E to 200. My journey has begun and to be honest I am still smiling!!

Great news Steph. I love the effects of E. Can hardly wait until my levels get back up. But did learn that IM E gives you a little "bang" of E at first.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack