Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All over

I'm so sorry Erica... it's all been said before me... but you can have another virtual hug even though I'm sure it's no consolation...

No need to apologise for feeling what you feel... you must be devastated... give it time - you will feel better!

Katey x

Gone to live my life
    Hi Erica,

I am very sorry to hear about this sadness in your life. It is never easy losing someone special to us when we see a potential relationship growing. This is a hard thing we do and it makes it doubly harder when trying to find that perfect person to share our lives. I know it does not seem like it now but as time moves forward you may find that it was better to know early then much later in a relationship you had invested a lot of time.

Hugs and extra one.

Isha

Banned Read only
    Erica, that is a real bummer GF! I feel terrible for you!
    You were honest and it is unfortunate that she can't deal with or handle the situation. I know how hard it is to tell someone you are involved with the one thing about you that could have them running to hills faster than you can blink your eyes. Ya know what, on the brighter side, she saw something in you that made her stick around and give it a try! Don't feel bad for your honesty or anything that led to this, if things in life happen for a reason they do so because we can learn from experiences and also know that maybe there are bigger and better things for us in the future. When you start feeling better about what it is you have lost, you and I both know all you have to do is walk right outside your front door and there will be many fish swimming in the sea right on your street. Chin up Chickie! I'm here if you need a shoulder. I might not have ever lost a woman because of my dressing but I did have 3 stay with me knowing of it.

Erica ... It has all been said, and said wonderfully by the members here. I can add little but my belief that THIS FORUM is the most supportive of any I have ever encountered. I have a close CD friend going through hell right now with exactly the same situation. It is a huge canyon for us all. I have never told any girlfriend of my cross-dressing. I had a wonderful experience with a librarian in high school who seemed to know what I was when no-one else did. She dressed me .. and we did have fun .. slight problem .. she was married .. and married to Police Detective !
    I know you must have put your soul into this relationship thinking 'she was the one' .. well we all know that no relationship is guaranteed to last ..
    So it is not all about cross-dressing .. We are all just people ... and we all struggle to find our way. Keep faith in YOURSELF Erica !

Hi Erica,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope that you heal with time and move forward with a smile.

Hugs,
    Pamela

So sorry to hear that. A breakup of any kind is tough, and to have it be due to something so core to your essence must really hurt. I will add to the chorus that is possible to be a hetero-CD and have a SO who is accepting. I think the trick is to take things slowly with your SO, even if she appears to be wildly enthusiastic. I was (in a way) fortunate. My wife was initially very upset with my crossdressing but has on-the-whole warmed up to it over the twelve years that I've been out to her. This has caused me to move cautiously and not be too in-her-face about it. And as Tinkerbell mentioned, it is important to make sure that your SO knows that she is more important than the CDing. Although we'll occasionally have a CD-related spat these days, my wife has often told me that now knowing this about me has made her feel closer to me than ever.

Erica, I can understand, and empathize with you, as i am going on 60, and have not been in a relationship, for many, many years, and I have been rejected by many ladies, but not until 2005, did i start doing a lot of Cding, and since then, have had a number of women write me off, because of my dressing. Maybe some of us, are better not seeking a SO. There isn't much love left in this world. I(t seems everyone wants a lover 100% on their terms Their way or the highway! For s very loving, special lady, I would be willing to stop dressing, but not for most. One day or minute at a time.

I can't add anything except to say that I'm sorry that this happened to you. It will get better and what happened was for the absolute best. You did the right thing by telling her at the beginning.

Aspiring Member
    Honesty is best policy. Some gurls will flip the script on you though. All cool in the beginning then they can't deal with it. I believe most that flip the script don't really know what they are signing up for. They don't realize that what they are getting into can be way deeper than merely fun and games. And depending upon how intense the CDing is for you they can be like, wait a minute here.

I tried to talk my wife out of marrying me because of it and she wasn't hearing it. That was 14 years ago and even her acceptance has waxed and waned over the years. But it is a two way street and you both learn to make sacrifices for each other. I have a CD friend who told his fiance and then 3 weeks into the marriage boom D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

I still feel like it's best to be upfront. Believe me, you will survive this. Stop looking so hard and somebody will appear when you least expect it.

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Erica, chin up, we cannot change who we are, as echoed through most of these posts, You were right in telling her, she couldn't deal with it. Honesty is a good/best strategy. Better to know today where You stand rather than many tomorrows from now. Have a good cry, then doll up & hit the shops, it's who You are. "Above all to thyne own self be true".

So sorry things didn't work out the way you thought they were going to.
    It sounds like your GF gave it a try anyway. If you are able to find someone that is willing to try that's the best you can hope for. Don't quit trying just because it didn't work this time.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Relationships at there best are tricky and require great amount of work, now you add CD to the mix and ohh yeah disaster. Many survive, some even thrive but usually they strike out a few times. For those lucky ones who get it on the first try congrats, for everybody else at least theres support out there and plenty of fish in the sea. GOOD LUCK!
    For the love of all thats holy, does this make my butt look big!

Erica,
    So sorry to hear that things didn't work out Your experience is the reason I have difficulty seeking relationships. I wish there was something more that could be said to make you feel better, but if there's one thing I've learned from being a part of this forum is not to give up. There's so many on here that have found wonderful relationships with accepting partners, our girls are out there

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hang in there, there are friends here that can help you get though this, and you will. take heart.

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Think positive. I know it must be hard for you . Everyone is here for you .