Thread: I went "out" for the first time today!

I went "out" for the first time today!

By "out" I mean I went for a drive en femme. It's the first time I've ever been outside of my house while dressed. I didn't go to any place in particular or anything, I'm still way too worried about being recognized. My town is small enough where I'm almost guaranteed to run into someone I know pretty much anywhere I go. But I'm still excited nonetheless!

I sat in the car for nearly five minutes and almost chickened out because I suddenly became paranoid about being pulled over. I haven't been pulled over in years but I kept thinking "today of all days will be the day." But I put on some relaxing music, started the car and went for it.

I would also like to use this as an opportunity to say that all of you on this forum are the absolute most wonderful people I have ever encountered. I've only been a member on this forum for a couple days but reading all of your stories, thoughts, and feelings really made me feel like I'm not alone for the first time in my life. You all gave me the courage to do what I did today, you truly did. My confidence has never been higher and for that I want to say THANK YOU!!

xoxo Stacy

I am happy for you Stacy, I know what you mean it's exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time.... I went out this past weekend and I still get nervous leaving the house because of my personalize license plates which everyone would recognize and since my ex and ex-in-laws live nearby I get extremely nervous about being seen.. but once I leave a certain area (AKA danger zone) I feel better...Living in a large city helps but the world is such as small place I know I am bound to bump into someone.

Its really great to hear that you went out and hope that you will more opportunities to venture out as Stacy. This forum has helped me with my confidence as well I am glad to hear that it has done that for you too.

Take care,

Teresa

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations, Stacy! I will soon be going out dressed for the first time, too, and it's only through the support I've received on this forum that this is even happening

Quote Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
    By "out" I mean I went for a drive en femme.... ...My town is small enough where I'm almost guaranteed to run into someone I know ...
    Stacy - it's my experience that, regardless of how you may be dressed, running into them is not going to endear you either to them or your insurance company...

But seriously... Well done for giving it a go... I'm sure that's a good way to start and get over the nerves of just being out looking the way you want to...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacy . . . Congrats on getting out. I feel you angst of sitting in the car debating whether to go ahead with the ninja femme drive or not. I am glad you had a great and exhilarating experience.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Caution: That is exactly how it starts! One day you simply go for a ride and the next thing you know, you are out shopping and going to clubs having a great time.

Crossdresser
    Congratulations on the milestone Stacy. If you are worried about neighbors, you could wear a jacket over your clothes and a hat to cover your hair until you are out of the danger zone. Glad you got the chance to take Stacy out.

Silver Member
    Wonderful to read you have gone "out" and found it to be exciting! From that first time, it will just get easier and probably happen more often. Please always be comfortable and confident in who you are no matter how you are presenting. Enjoy.

congrats to you stacy!! it does get easier...baby steps lead to big steps!
    it is mostly about confidence and as it grows within you, i'm sure you will look back,
    when you sat in the car and laugh
    paula

Glad your having fun, for some of us being "out" is a daily expression of ourselves, as luck has it I only need to go out every week or 2 for coffee and shopping (otherwise I get the mood swings as well)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Stacy,
    The first time out is like your first Bungy Jump.

The greatest adrenalin rush ever.

Now to keep that confidence on the up and up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations.
    I have only been out to walk the dog, after dark
    Hugs,
    Trish

Wow! Awesome, StacyLynn! How did it go? How did it feel? (I'm still too chicken!) Gimme details!

Congrats on the drive! It only gets easier to go out from here on.
    I've got unique plates but to be honest most friends already know (recently expanded by a few more acquaintances too..)
    So I just don't worry as much I guess. I think I may have to bring it up to my apartment complex/management tho just so they know what's up. (as it is...maintenance is coming in today to change air filters and make sure the apt's ok.. yearly checkup) and man is my place a mess (including women's clothes and wigs out and about...heh)
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TinaZ View Post
    Wow! Awesome, StacyLynn! How did it go? How did it feel? (I'm still too chicken!) Gimme details!
    Hi Tina! It was definitely a giant grab bag of emotions. I started off a nervous wreck as I described earlier when I was overcome by an irrational paranoia of being pulled over, which is of course absurd because I'm a totally awesome driver :P. But I just kept thinking about handing an officer my drivers license in which I'm covered with facial hair. That wouldn't be awkward at all... I was still pretty nervous for the first couple blocks, but it was raining and the rain always seems to help calm me down. Plus I put on some nice relaxing Mogwai tunes on the radio and kept going. Shortly thereafter I started getting really excited. I was starting to grasp that I was actually out as Stacy and things were going well. Then after a little while I suddenly didn't feel anything. It just felt natural to be out, and when I realized how relaxed and comfortable I was I then became very exited once again. It was definitely well worth the "risk" and I'm glad I did it. I might even go out again next Monday when I have a bit more time!

Xoxo Stacy

Next stop: gas station on the way to a club!

And who knows where she goes from there.

well done!!! so courageous. going for a drive sounds like a smart first step out. protected by a metal frame called car. too fast to be observed in detail. yes... i might keep that in mind for getting my boyfriend to take steps outside of the house. not in the near future. she doesnt even dare to stand in her own backyard. I have to admit that all neighbours look straight into that yard.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Congratulations Stacy from a newbie to going out myself I know how you feel, that drive in the car is like who is staring at me, and oh a car is next to me at the light don't look their way no matter what. As you describe the longer your out it just becomes normal drive.
    Now Im not saying Im not still nervous after not only going out but then getting out to a store but it does seem easier.
    So glad you enjoyed it
    Hugs Leigh

Silver Member
    Are you comfortable with shopping in person at a women's clothing store? That's in either femme or drab mode, it doesn't matter which. I have found the most supportive people in that setting, whether they be sales staff or fellow customers. Anyway, I would suggest you try that for your next outing. Walk in like you have been there many times before. As an ice breaker, be ready in advance to answer the inevitable first question, which will be, "How may I help you?". An excellent reply is something like " I'd like to see some dresses in size (whatever your size). You'll find they will know it's for you, but it doesn't matter, they will help you they same as anyone else. Good luck!

Dear Stacy
    I think that takes a big heart and courage to do what you have done ,,,,I wish I can do the same ...I'm still too worried to do it ..you have removed a big load out of your system ...I'm sure it was a pleasure ...we the closed cross-dressers are dreaming of doing this for a long time ....but no luck ....congratulation to you my Sis ...

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi StacyLynn,

This is one of those times when you know that there is a heart beating in your chest, you can feel it pounding on your ribs and it can be heard across the street by even the hard of hearing.

Congrats on getting out. I hit a brick wall at the very first attempt but took a deep breath and took the attitude of "to hell with it all".

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk