Thread: Great Year

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar

Great Year

This year I finally decided to come out as transgender to my family and select friends. Everyone has been extremely supportive and caring during this journey. I started seeing a therapist and the being of the year and hopefully I am one more month away from her writing me my letter so I can start on hormones. I decided at the beginning of the year to finally be true myself and start to be the women i truly am. I know its going to be a long journey and I don't want to rush it. The one thing that worries me is possible having to find a new job, i work for a General contractor for 15 years now and work for one of the biggest bigots around. But i cant wait for the future and everything that will be.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ellie,

Congratulations on your move forward with your life. It is a shame about your boss. Is there a possibility of still working as a General Contractor but with another company or are you thinking about finding completely new work?

Hugs

Isha

First off, congratulations on the self discovery.
    I hope, like me, that you find people are much more accepting than you think right now. Even those I had pre-written off as bigots, or haters, came to my side.

Ellie,
    I wish you well and hope the changes to your life are not too rough.

Have a smooth trip.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just remember, the EEOC has already deemed it to be discrimination, under Title VII, if you are fired for being trans.

http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/otherprotections.cfm
    DonnaT

^ which applies to federal workers and contractors

There are thousands of female construction worker sand tradespeople, if you are any good at it you should be able to find a job
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Big step, Ellie - but a very positive one for you - I wish you well wherever that may take you...

Good advice here regarding jobs and discrimination - you may not want to stay where you are, however, but be sure you do have your rights protected..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta